*NO DEMO TALK* REBEL HEART - the new album. Carry on discussion here.

Anyone think the album may be moved up? A month push-up would be immediately after the Grammys, which could be a good time

I think they have a good plan in order

Even if some of my favourite demos( Best Night, Hold tight, Graffiti Heart, Nothing lasts forever) don't make it into the album at least i will have them. I hope the physical disc will be as perfect visually as Confessions :Disco_Ball::laugh:

If I'm not mistaken, you should edit out all the demo titles out of your post. NO DEMO TALK.

What we don't know is how many songs will drop in the Feb release. It won't necessarily be another six. She could do three. She might want to save more for the official album date. It's a mystery!

What we don't know is how many songs will drop in the Feb release. It won't necessarily be another six. She could do three. She might want to save more for the official album date. It's a mystery!

yes, releasing 6 would be kind of strange, that would make it for almost 3 quarters of the album or even the amount that would work for just one album, 12.

Six seem way too much. Three could be good.Or it could be the sole Joan of Arc since it's the only other track revealed on the itunes tracklist.

i don't think she'll move up the release date any further. I wouldn't be surprised if she only added Joan Of Arc and 1 or 2 of the other album tracks as the "additional music" on Feb 9, with a release of the LFL remixes separately.

This "lemonade" marketing reminds of the stroke of genius Justify My Love video single.

All these demo leaks won't hurt her at the end of the day, but it really does suck that she can't present her art the way she wants to and envisioned us being exposed to the next "new Madonna".

I'm assuming this was a pretty expensive album to produce, so at the very least she'd need to/want to recoup her investment in making it... I'm more than happy to put in on that 40. lol.

Six seem way too much. Three could be good.Or it could be the sole Joan of Arc since it's the only other track revealed on the itunes tracklist.

That's what I was thinking and with the video should be enough.

i don't think she'll move up the release date any further. I wouldn't be surprised if she only added Joan Of Arc and 1 or 2 of the other album tracks as the "additional music" on Feb 9, with a release of the LFL remixes separately.

This "lemonade" marketing reminds of the stroke of genius Justify My Love video single.

All these demo leaks won't hurt her at the end of the day, but it really does suck that she can't present her art the way she wants to and envisioned us being exposed to the next "new Madonna".

I'm assuming this was a pretty expensive album to produce, so at the very least she'd need to/want to recoup her investment in making it... I'm more than happy to put in on that 40. lol.

:thumbsup:

Especially if the Grammy performance ends up being the first big live presentation she does for the album. Meaning, the point of the performance will be to officially launch the first single and maybe show the other few songs that are already available. There would be no need to unload a second batch of six songs when the general public will not have heard the other ones first. One or two more would be enough. She could even release just one new song a week from Feb 9 through March 10 (tracks 7 through 11 or whatever) and keep momentum going every week leading up to the album release. It's what One Direction just did.

Check out ZHU - they use that "devil voice" on their own stuff, just like Madge at the end of LFL and Devil Prays. They have one original song called Faded that's pretty much perfect, and their remix of Lana del Rey's West Coast is unbelievable. It's a total rework of the song, but it's great. They would totally fit with the vibe of this new album.

Also, Disclosure of course. If the original LFL is theirs, why not have them remix it?

And why not Mirwais?

I'll give them a go. Remixes are such an important part of madonna's work that I can't believe how overlooked they appear to have become. Surely some mix that is the bomb would massively promote the single and album?

Can you imagine being in a club this New Year's Eve and LFL remix drops and the place explodes?

If I'm not mistaken, you should edit out all the demo titles out of your post. NO DEMO TALK.

sorry i'm new here i don't know how it works :( Well my point was that she has a pretty strong album coming :)

Especially if the Grammy performance ends up being the first big live presentation she does for the album. Meaning, the point of the performance will be to officially launch the first single and maybe show the other few songs that are already available. There would be no need to unload a second batch of six songs when the general public will not have heard the other ones first. One or two more would be enough. She could even release just one new song a week from Feb 9 through March 10 (tracks 7 through 11 or whatever) and keep momentum going every week leading up to the album release. It's what One Direction just did.

very interesting....didn't know about that 1D stuff...still i think, as these demos continue to circulate, they can anticipate the release date, and if this grammy thing is true, this would be a great date...even if all the plans go to hell...

Maybe, but her trip to Rio is disturbing... We all thought it was for her Christmas/New Year holidays, and she's already back in the US... Something happened :popcorn2:

And if she wants to do the Grammys on February the 8th, she'll do a video soon because it usually takes 1 month to do the post-production... It's now!

Mmmm I didn't know that!

Taylor Swift already won Album of the Year Grammy at a very young age, so thinking ahead, that's maybe her out the way for that reason for what would otherwise be a sure fire bet.

Grammy likes to give em old (the hilariously irrelevant Steely Dan over Feminem) and didn't even acknowledge M, the Susan Lucci of the music biz, till she was 40, so.. who knows. :disco:

The Grammys will be the first live performance of LFL. Just the way she opened the '05 MTV EMA's with Hung Up I can feel it in my bones. :wow:

And she better come over to the UK on the 25th Feb to do Brits Awards. Justin performed his then new song mirrors and did brilliant for him.

My main concern with the leaks is that I don't want it to hurt the album's critical reception.

Most reviews I've read for the 6 tracks so far have been extremely good but a lot of those same critics have also said they heard the demos. So maybe it isn't a concern but this album is turning out to be too good for people not to hear the finished work first.

I don't pay attention to bad reviews to be honest. I don't like people raining on my parade. I'd rather make a constructed critic myself rather than be influenced. I unfriended and blocked someone on both facebook and twitter for calling Madonna desperate and her songs 'inaudible garbage due to her robotic voice.' I was like ''I'm done with you forever.'' I was already annoyed at his ''she doesn't want to be old and she looks awfully fake and plastic bla bla''. And well that inaudible garbage is the six songs we have.

I didn't download anything until today. I already paid for the album last Saturday, my contribution to M's coffers is done. If I listen to an unfinished version of what I paid for, I will not lose any sleep. I am not sharing with anyone what I have. I will purchase at least two tour tickets as usual so her bottom line won't be hurting due to my previewing of her songs. What else could I have done to support her financially? These are my two cents on the subject for whatever it's worth.

I full heartedly agree!

Already some fans are panicking cause she's not selling billions on the US iTunes. ATRL already calling it a flop despite it hasnt even been released till March.

Ugh!! Gonna avoid other forums, just gonna enjoy the glorious songs Madonna has given us.

Yes, good reviews come first! That's the rule for every major artist.

It's nice to read positive reviews about your favorite artist but I don't really think they're as important as people think. Now with the Internet you can usually find on youtube or somewhere songs from most major releases and listen to them and decide for yourself if you like them or not before purchasing them. I think reviews are more important for movies or theatre where it's harder to sample them in advance before buying a ticket. Also, music is so subjective and people like different genres that reviews aren't that helpful generally. Sometimes as far as sales it seems there's almost an inverse relationship between sales and positive reviews. A lot of the times with the highest selling artists the critics have nothing good to say about them. And if you look on a lot of year end best lists, the most praised albums don't sell that much.

For me, I don't pay too much attention to reviews for established artists. For most older artists that have been around awhile I pretty much know whether I enjoy their music or their voice or not. Reviews only really influence me with brand new artists. If they get a good review and they sound like they make the kind of music I generally like. I will give them a chance.

It's nice to read positive reviews about your favorite artist but I don't really think they're as important as people think. Now with the Internet you can usually find on youtube or somewhere songs from most major releases and listen to them and decide for yourself if you like them or not before purchasing them. I think reviews are more important for movies or theatre where it's harder to sample them in advance before buying a ticket. Also, music is so subjective and people like different genres that reviews aren't that helpful generally. Sometimes as far as sales it seems there's almost an inverse relationship between sales and positive reviews. A lot of the times with the highest selling artists the critics have nothing good to say about them. And if you look on a lot of year end best lists, the most praised albums don't sell that much.

For me, I don't pay too much attention to reviews for established artists. For most older artists that have been around awhile I pretty much know whether I enjoy their music or their voice or not. Reviews only really influence me with brand new artists. If they get a good review and they sound like they make the kind of music I generally like. I will give them a chance.

Really good points. I definitely care more about Film critics than music critics in terms of curiosity about what they think. I mainly want Rebel Heart to be critically acclaimed because I'd love to see Madonna finally win a few big Grammy awards again. Might sound trivial, I know, but she deserves it

Guest bluejean

Are there any good remixers out there now? Living for love is crying out just for an eight minute extended mix let alone a slew of other mixes.

I couldn't just how bad, generic and similar all the MDNA were. Is the art of the remix dead now? All I see is five minute mixes that are little more than euro pop reworks of the original.

I'd kill for a decent morales, oakenfold or masters at work remix now.

There are so many cool people out there that could remix her songs. The options are endless.

Maybe Orbit could do afew remixes for free :chuckle: