*NO DEMO TALK* REBEL HEART - the new album. Carry on discussion here.

Thanks to a leak and a quick response by Steve Berman and Team Interscope in coordination with her Maverick management team, Madonna's new album, Rebel Heart, became available for pre-order at iTunes late last night, ahead of a 3/10 release (moved up from its originally slated April street date).

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi?10

The entire album?!!

It was clearly stated that we should not ask for or share the actual songs, not that we couldn't discuss them. We were encouraged a few days ago to discuss them outside of this particular thread and 99% of forum members seemed to happily respect this, enthusiastically sharing thoughts on tracks within a few active threads with moderator involvement that only went so far as to flush out those who did solicit files.

The impression was left that it was indeed okay to talk about the new songs (which are easily obtained elsewhere all over the internet.) As of this past hour this is no longer the case. Got it. Which highlights one of the big issues here.

I realize the severity of what's happened, the vulnerable position it leaves the forum in and therefore the necessity to wipe out certain threads/posts. However, instead of completely and permanently deleting all record of an issue when one arises within a problematic thread, why not add it to a master list of things that are/aren't permissible in the Rebel Heart sub-forum for posterity and for those of us who aren't glued to the forum 24 hours a day or don't have time to wade through 50 pages of posts to find such statements? Otherwise, how can someone be expected to know and be considered "illiterate" just because something that was okay at three o'clock on Tuesday is suddenly punishable by death at noon on Wednesday?

It's irritating that we spent most of 2014 poring over thread after thread filled with hashtag speculation, fan art, fake song lyrics and stupid fucking pizza banter only to be muted once the real shit started surfacing.

Moderating can be a thankless, frustrating task but the forum would greatly benefit if more of an effort was made to keep everyone on the same page, yourselves included. Be clear and consistent and doing so without the insults would be a refreshing change. If nothing else it would illicit a more positive response and atmosphere instead of repeatedly making everyone feel like crap for caring about new Madonna music on a forum devoted to her. There are shit-stirrers and trolls, but there are also a lot of very loyal fans here who are understandably excited and can't navigate within rigid guidelines that change every five minutes with little-to-no documentation.

This! Nicely put!

Edited by OddlyEven

the article dates Dec 21.

but my point was to highlight the fact that the album was scheduled initially for release in April

That seems right. If the first single was to debut on the Grammys and on Valentine's Day, she could easily release the album in April. But who cares now right! ☺️ Things have changed drastically.

One thing is for sure. We are not going to know hardly a damn thing about her NEXT album (followup to Rebel Heart) until the day it drops.

We will suffer for this!!! Ugh it's going to be miserable!!!

Madonna clearly just discovered the Cloud and she got all excited and uploaded everything to the cloud cuz she's a cool mom, not a regular mom, and some crazy fan hacked it and that's that.

:D:lmao:

cool-mom.jpg

She's been getting hacked since AL...even before that. But that was a major one. You think she'd deal with it but damn :lol:

I thought "Music" (the song) was her first internet leak. It leaked like 3 months ahead of being released if I remember correctly.

Edited by Animal

Don't take this the wrong way or as me trying to tell anyone what to do because you know I love you dearly and can see your hormones are all worked up right now, but forgive those of us who can't keep up with the schizoid moderation of late in this section.

It was clearly stated that we should not ask for or share the actual songs, not that we couldn't discuss them. We were encouraged a few days ago to discuss them outside of this particular thread and 99% of forum members seemed to happily respect this, enthusiastically sharing thoughts on tracks within a few active threads with moderator involvement that only went so far as to flush out those who did solicit files.

The impression was left that it was indeed okay to talk about the new songs (which are easily obtained elsewhere all over the internet.) As of this past hour this is no longer the case. Got it. Which highlights one of the big issues here.

I realize the severity of what's happened, the vulnerable position it leaves the forum in and therefore the necessity to wipe out certain threads/posts. However, instead of completely and permanently deleting all record of an issue when one arises within a problematic thread, why not add it to a master list of things that are/aren't permissible in the Rebel Heart sub-forum for posterity and for those of us who aren't glued to the forum 24 hours a day or don't have time to wade through 50 pages of posts to find such statements? Otherwise, how can someone be expected to know and be considered "illiterate" just because something that was okay at three o'clock on Tuesday is suddenly punishable by death at noon on Wednesday?

It's irritating that we spent most of 2014 poring over thread after thread filled with hashtag speculation, fan art, fake song lyrics and stupid fucking pizza banter only to be muted once the real shit started surfacing.

Moderating can be a thankless, frustrating task but the forum would greatly benefit if more of an effort was made to keep everyone on the same page, yourselves included. Be clear and consistent and doing so without the insults would be a refreshing change. If nothing else it would illicit a more positive response and atmosphere instead of repeatedly making everyone feel like crap for caring about new Madonna music on a forum devoted to her. There are shit-stirrers and trolls, but there are also a lot of very loyal fans here who are understandably excited and can't navigate within rigid guidelines that change every five minutes with little-to-no documentation.

:smooch:

I understand what you are saying and I apologise for the lack of a uniform message. The fact of the matter is that the leak situation has gotten out of hand recently, and demo and leak discussion has started to overtake everything else on this forum which is rather unfair both on the fans that do not want to obtain those leaks and also on Madonna and her team.

When I was saying that some people are "illiterate" I was indeed referring to this very thread which clearly states "NO DEMO DISCUSSION" and yet there were people in here discussing leaked songs (I deleted their posts.)

Perhaps it is a little bit heavy handed to go all the way now and ban all discussion of leaked songs from this project but I think it is better to be safe than sorry at this point, especially with the malicious spirits that are operating at the moment and leaking new songs left right and centre. It is not right and highly suspicious to see these "new" members with 15 posts under their belt infiltrating every single thread on this forum to talk about leaked songs and demos. I will not allow it. If that makes me unpopular with some of the other longer standing members, I am happy with that.

Honestly I can't wait until March already when all this mess will hopefully have blown over by then. So yes, mixed messages maybe - but plans and moderation guidelines can change and evolve very quickly. In fact they probably have to given the current situation. I am sorry if this offends or annoys some of the longer standing members of our community, but that's just the way it is I'm afraid.

I thought "Music" (the song) was her first internet leak. It leaked like 3 months ahead of being released if I remember correctly.

I'm saying AL was a bigger one. They posted ALL the songs on her website.

Madonna clearly just discovered the Cloud and she got all excited and uploaded everything to the cloud cuz she's a cool mom, not a regular mom, and some crazy fan hacked it and that's that.

:rotfl:

I understand what you are saying and I apologise for the lack of a uniform message. The fact of the matter is that the leak situation has gotten out of hand recently, and demo and leak discussion has started to overtake everything else on this forum which is rather unfair both on the fans that do not want to obtain those leaks and also on Madonna and her team.

When I was saying that some people are "illiterate" I was indeed referring to this very thread which clearly states "NO DEMO DISCUSSION" and yet there were people in here discussing leaked songs (I deleted their posts.)

Perhaps it is a little bit heavy handed to go all the way now and ban all discussion of leaked songs from this project but I think it is better to be safe than sorry at this point, especially with the malicious spirits that are operating at the moment and leaking new songs left right and centre. It is not right and highly suspicious to see these "new" members with 15 posts under their belt infiltrating every single thread on this forum to talk about leaked songs and demos. I will not allow it. If that makes me unpopular with some of the other longer standing members, I am happy with that.

Honestly I can't wait until March already when all this mess will hopefully have blown over by then. So yes, mixed messages maybe - but plans and moderation guidelines can change and evolve very quickly. In fact they probably have to given the current situation. I am sorry if this offends or annoys some of the longer standing members of our community, but that's just the way it is I'm afraid.

I was just about to comment on your harsh "fuck you idiots" post until I came across this.

It's good you've written this.

Is it me por the spoiler thread is gone? Also billboard postes an article about the new leak. Sorry if soneone already talked about it. I'm celebrating Christmas with my family. Merry Christmas

everyone

I don't know, but after 14 or more years of leaks from lots of artists, I do not feel exited anymore for them. Hearing the 6 released songs in the way they were intended to exist with no previous preconception was glorious, and I hadn't felt that amazingness in quite a while.

"Bitch I'm Madonna," featuring Nicki Minaj, leads with sales of 12,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music. "Living," the album's first proper single, starts with 10,000 sold and "Unapologetic," 7,000. The tracks begin on Dance/Electronic Digital Songs at Nos. 9, 12 and 14, respectively. (She notches her first top 10 on the list, which launched in January 2010.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6415173/madonna-hot-dance-electronic-songs-chart-rebel-heart

How sad there are no comments about the new demos, I was all excited to read them and then SURPRISE! It's forbidden. This forum is now Madonnatribe 2.0 :mellow:

Edited by madmex

I didn't download anything until today. I already paid for the album last Saturday, my contribution to M's coffers is done. If I listen to an unfinished version of what I paid for, I will not lose any sleep. I am not sharing with anyone what I have. I will purchase at least two tour tickets as usual so her bottom line won't be hurting due to my previewing of her songs. What else could I have done to support her financially?

She's billionaire, support poor people. :mellow: You can help her morally, though.

:rotfl:

How sad there are no comments about the new demos, I was all excited to read them and then SURPRISE! It's forbidden. This forum is now Madonnatribe 2.0 :mellow:

This forum is NOTHING like tribe or all of the other Madonna forums around. The over-whelming majority of members here actually like Madonna and the mods all love her too. We are given such freedom here and people take it for granted. The mods are protecting the forum, surely people can see that.

I come here to read and write about her new stuff and era, and all I see is complaints about MDNA/Hard Candy and fights about the leaks. Can't you do that elsewhere?

I think she did more than a photoshoot in Rio, since she posted 2 pics of these nails (the second here), two consecutive days... Why would she wear the same complex outfit two days? Am I the only one to think that it could be the video for Living for Love (since her videos always take 2 days to shoot)? :huh:

Guest Borderline

I come here to read and write about her new stuff and era, and all I see is complaints about MDNA/Hard Candy and fights about the leaks. Can't you do that elsewhere?

I think she did more than a photoshoot in Rio, since she posted 2 pics of these nails (the second here), two consecutive days... Why would she wear the same complex outfit two days? Am I the only one to think that it could be the video for Living for Love (since her videos always take 2 days to shoot)? :huh:

Maybe the photos were taken on the same day, and she just posted them on different days.

Ok? Maybe she just had more photos and decided to post them on two separate days?

Love the rings and nails, if fact all of it!

Ok? Maybe she just had more photos and decided to post them on two separate days?

Maybe, but her trip to Rio is disturbing... We all thought it was for her Christmas/New Year holidays, and she's already back in the US... Something happened :popcorn2:

And if she wants to do the Grammys on February the 8th, she'll do a video soon because it usually takes 1 month to do the post-production... It's now!