*NO DEMO TALK* REBEL HEART - the new album. Carry on discussion here.

Thank you. The people calling us immoral, not real fans etc are just immature blind sheep. They have to be in their teens. Or just simple.

Not necessarily. It's all about discussion. I think people were right to want a separate thread for spoilers. I personally felt strongly that it was a moral issue, but Sloane's articulate post has made me step back and think of the big picture.

In the past you, Bluejean, have answered many of my questions that have gotten lost within busy threads and I love you for that.

We are all Madonna fans at the end of the day. We all have beating rebel hearts.

Guest bluejean

I respect that people don't want to hear leaks or read spoilers. But why judge those of us that do? It's like some people want to try and control everyone else and make them do exactly as they say and do. It's actually kind of weird.

I didn't download anything until today. I already paid for the album last Saturday, my contribution to M's coffers is done. If I listen to an unfinished version of what I paid for, I will not lose any sleep. I am not sharing with anyone what I have. I will purchase at least two tour tickets as usual so her bottom line won't be hurting due to my previewing of her songs. What else could I have done to support her financially? These are my two cents on the subject for whatever it's worth.

A new thread has been opened for discussing the leaked demos, so this back and forth should have stopped already. Now 'I'm gonna carry on' listening to the six songs on my Beats. They're so rich. I just noticed a background (or is it layered) of M's vocal in Devil Pray. It's glorious.

Edited by TXIII

If Devil Pray is not a single at some point, I will switch to worshiping Satan instead of Madonna. :medusa:

Madonna's Management, whom are known to read this forum, please feed that back directly to Madonna. :sassy:

If Devil Pray is not a single at some point, I will switch to worshiping Satan instead of Madonna. :medusa:

Madonna's Management, whom are known to read this forum, please feed that back directly to Madonna. :sassy:

YES

I have personally learned a lot over the past few weeks thanks to these conversations.

For example, in this instance, these songs are leaking before the official release, and the artist is asking you explicitly to not cave in and fuel the demand. These are crucial differences from what's happened before.

Also, at this point it seems certain that whoever is doing this is not a fan, but actually a detractor. Someone who wants to ruin the release of this record. Which of course won't happen, but just the thought that by listening to these demos I'm complicit with such an asshole is enough to turn me off.

I feel like this is a very worthy conversation to have. It's educational. Personally, as someone who seeked out the demos before (RH, WAOM), I am truly having a change of heart here. I now would feel like a hypocrite if I were to seek out more demos after she already went out of her way to release six songs AND she started doing promo for them.

Agree with this. I don't think it's about putting money into her coffers. Or about blind allegiance to a pop star. She's asked that we allow her to give the initial presentation of these songs the way she intended them to be, rather than as works in progress. It's about respecting the artistic process.

Agree with this. I don't think it's about putting money into her coffers. Or about blind allegiance to a pop star. She's asked that we allow her to give the initial presentation of these songs the way she intended them to be, rather than as works in progress. It's about respecting the artistic process.

This!

I completely disagree with this. To me that's like saying somebody else robbed the bank, I just took some of the money that fell in the street behind them as they ran away.

I've been thinking about this leak situation a lot and I think it comes down to that there are two kinds of fans. One kind doesn't just like Madonna's music, but respects her as an artist and a human being. The other kind of fan sees Madonna as a commodity. A person who produces music for their personal pleasure but they don't give a shit about her as an artist or a person. How else can you explain the lame excuses about lack of willpower and "well it's already out there"? There is no supply without demand and if we didn't listen there would be no reason to steal in the first place.

She point blank asked us all to not listen to them. So do you respect her wishes or not? And if you don't how can you call yourself a loyal fan?

I think you're WAY over-simplifying this. It's not as black and white as you'd like to make it out to be. To suggest that listening to an unreleased demo means that someone doesn't respect Madonna as an artist or human being is silly. I personally would never steal from Madonna, nor would I ever propagate the piracy of her released or unreleased material. Period. But it's out there and my not listening to it isn't going to change that. I listen to (that is, listen to, not share) demos knowing full well that it's not what the artist wanted to present to the world, but I cherish it as a rare glimpse into her creative process (which is why I typically prefer to hear this kind of stuff after the album is released). Some fans don't care about that, and that's okay. I respect that they don't want to hear the details, which is why I haven't peeped a word about what I've heard on here. We all have different ethics, morals, etc. So let's stop judging each other and just enjoy what we have in common - we are all fans and are all enjoying the new music, however much of it we choose to listen to.

I have personally learned a lot over the past few weeks thanks to these conversations.

For example, in this instance, these songs are leaking before the official release, and the artist is asking you explicitly to not cave in and fuel the demand. These are crucial differences from what's happened before.

Also, at this point it seems certain that whoever is doing this is not a fan, but actually a detractor. Someone who wants to ruin the release of this record. Which of course won't happen, but just the thought that by listening to these demos I'm complicit with such an asshole is enough to turn me off.

I feel like this is a very worthy conversation to have. It's educational. Personally, as someone who seeked out the demos before (RH, WAOM), I am truly having a change of heart here. I now would feel like a hypocrite if I were to seek out more demos after she already went out of her way to release six songs AND she started doing promo for them.

:thumbsup::smooch:

We should inundate GO's twitter feed

Ghosttown and DP are at the top tier of anything by anyone in recent years for me. LFL and Illuminati are CLOSE on their heels. Love UB and BIM, but not with the PASSION I have for the other four.

Get in line, we all have requests.

ME FIRST.

Okay this is what I want club remixes for:

Unapologetic Bitch

Bitch I'm Madonna

WAOM

Inside Out

This song is too much. It's so naturally Madonna, just like the way she worked with Mirwais.

Can't only imagine what's about to come when the rest of the album is released. :drama:

I feel breaking it into three releases is good because can you imagine getting slammed with NINETEEN songs of utmost quality at once? I'd have to call out of work and not leave home for a week.

This leak is like the Rebel Heart version of The pre-Confessions horse accident. Who wants to bet it'll be referenced in the opening sequence of the tour?

Oh yes she will!!

Living for Love holds up SO WELL to repeat plays.

All six songs hold up incredibly well! I've probably listened to this 'EP' more, in just the past four days, than any of her albums (except maybe my edited version of the AL album). I just want to keep hearing them again and again.

thanks to the moderator for keep this SPOILERS FREE :thumbsup:

i can't stop to listen LFL on repeat for hours i need a video, remixes, an extended version and a live performance... and probably will become one of my all time lead single favorite

I keep listening over and over as well. It's hard for me to just sit and listen to music, I usually have to be doing something, but I find my self just listening to it stating at the album art or following along with the lyrics.