Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

It was some sort of a deal, just not very strict. There was some flexibility. Do you think all iHeart radio programmers around the country woke up two Saturdays ago and decided they were going to add LFL on their stations all together at the same time? It was an automated add. A corporate decision that had an expiration date from the very beginning. None of those adds was genuine. No wonder why other companies apart from Cumulus did not touch it.

Please stop saying your iffy opinions as fact - like you have a degree in charts and payola. Just because you have graphs doesn't mean you know about a deal. Go back to the insane charts thread!

Please stop saying your iffy opinions as fact - like you have a degree in charts and payola. Just because you have graphs doesn't mean you know about a deal. Go back to the insane charts thread!

Yeah OK. 70 different music directors of iHeart stations around the US woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning and decided they were all going to all of a sudden add LFL and give it exactly the same amount of spins per day, 2-3 times. All of them. And then drop it pretty much the exact same day.

I don't get why this is bad and some people get so upset. It means that the label finally did something for the song. It was a good thing.

Yeah OK. 70 different music directors of iHeart stations around the US woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning and decided they were all going to all of a sudden add LFL and give it exactly the same amount of spins per day, 2-3 times. All of them. And then drop it pretty much the exact same day.

I don't get why this is bad and some people get so upset. It means that the label finally did something for the song. It was a good thing.

Agreed.

Whatever they did, it's a shame it stopped. Now what?

Could this affect RH first week?

BREAKING NEWS

Effective immediately in all iTunes stores worldwide, pre-orders will no longer impact an album's first day chart rank. Its position will be based on the album's performance that day and albums will need to climb up the charts the same way a non-pre-order album would. This also applies to Instant Grat tracks -- the tracks that download immediately when an album is pre-ordered.

Note that pre-order albums can still chart prior to release, but on release day, only new sales and "Complete My Album" sales will impact the album's chart position. On the Instant Grat front, tracks sold à la carte will count towards the Top Songs chart, but tracks delivered as part of the pre-order will not -- they're considered part of the album sale. This logic also applies to Single track pre-orders.

The update essentially resolves the issue of albums being counted twice in iTunes' charts: once at the time of pre-order and once at the time of fulfillment. As such, it's a more accurate representation of user behavior. Soundscan charts are not affected -- pre-orders still count towards first-week sales there -- and pre-orders are still a valuable way to direct your fans to a point-of-purchase as soon as they hear about your music.

well, you already bolded "soundscan charts are not affeted", so no it will not affect rh's first week sales. it's just an itunes thing.

I just don't understand the point of this deal.

I just don't understand the point of this deal.

The song entered the Top40 on Top40 radio. That's very important. It provides exposure. Hundreds of programmers around the country saw that the song is at no35. One of the most common policies of stations is that they do not play songs that are not in the Top40. Maybe that was the reason Cumulus Media stations felt more comfortable and started spinning it too.

Stay focused guys. They are still playing her. Keep requesting it! Specially in LA, NY, Chicago, Boston, Miami...c'mon!

this!!!! It's not like its dead. It got 47 more adds today! Once the rolling effect is over, this will increase in spins. The song officially went to radio less than two weeks ago. Give it time to breath.

The song entered the Top40 on Top40 radio. That's very important. It provides exposure. Hundreds of programmers around the country saw that the song is at no35. One of the most common policies of stations is that they do not play songs that are not in the Top40. Maybe that was the reason Cumulus Media stations felt more comfortable and started spinning it too.

Ok. Any little bit helps, but it deserved a bigger push.

and now it is in the top 40 it will spin on top 40 syndicated shows.

Well apparently Z100 dropped the song from their playlist. The last play was this past Sunday @ 12:37 am. If this is the case airplay will continue to decrease rapidly. I hope I'm wrong.

its not dropped- its moved up and is in their top 21-40 playlist

I dont understand all the negative comments or "fears" they seem unjustified to me.

I never ( really never!) listen to radio, but it seems like LFL is being played by "major" channels more then i would even expect it, more than previous songs.

The song was officially released 2 weeks ago; why do people think it is already over?

She needs to promote it a bit more in the usa ( one show is not enough)

But i have the feeling she is going to promote this album big time because she is proud of it and she should be!! It is her strongest effort in years

Edited by heymrdj1

I just put in all my requests for today! I'm trying NOT to do Twitter and facebook everyday but did my web/text requests

You're so hot when you talk like that :inlove:

ok gringoes, time to request the Queen in Brasil. Sao Paulo/SP. This radio truly follows requests:

http://www.97fm.com.br/contato/?pedido

Nome = Name

Cidade/Estado = Sao Paulo/SP

Musica/Artista = Living for Love/Madonna

Mensagem = (Optional) Ex. A musica ta top!!! o A Rainha voltou!!!

They last played GGW and Celebration was huge. Let's just push it a bit ;)

I've been requesting every once in a while on Z100. Unfortunately I don't have time to request in cities I don't live in.

I wonder why they're not pushing for AC radio. I could see this fitting in really well on 106.7. They played U2's new song when Top 40 wouldn't touch it.

I've been requesting every once in a while on Z100. Unfortunately I don't have time to request in cities I don't live in.

I wonder why they're not pushing for AC radio. I could see this fitting in really well on 106.7. They played U2's new song when Top 40 wouldn't touch it.

I wonder if they will play it if we request the song on AC stations, even though it wasn't officially sent to them?