Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

Why do radio stations drop the song? Because it's not doing well? If they don't play it, keep ignoring requests of course it won't do well.

I hope it's not true. Enough with the fucking rolling effect, as if they needed more excuses to not play a new Madonna song tumblr_n30m9pRqpX1t1bekoo3_250.gif

I can't with the passive agressive titles on this thread. What payola deal?

It was some sort of a deal, just not very strict. There was some flexibility. Do you think all iHeart radio programmers around the country woke up two Saturdays ago and decided they were going to add LFL on their stations all together at the same time? It was an automated add. A corporate decision that had an expiration date from the very beginning. None of those adds was genuine. No wonder why other companies apart from Cumulus did not touch it.

When the record label pays radio stations to play the song.

Erm, I know what a payola deal is. I meant what payola deal is this user talking about?

imo, but i know i'm wrong, this payola thing is bullshit...if there was a payola it would have worked differently.....

GMAYL had payola and the song was inescapable for a few days. This one has enjoyed scattered play at best in some stations.

GMAYL had a radio deal to spin it for three days every hour and LFL did not have that for some odd reason....there would have been way more play if it were a payola scheme....it probably just got a call from one of the bosses or ceo's that hold a share in iheartradio.

who changed the title? a new comer? lol

I guess people really aren't feeling the song? I don't get it though. It's as good as anything else on Top 40, and its distinctly unique. It doesn't help that DJs are so automatically ageist against Madonna these days.

:madgemanson:

She should make an interview on Heart Radio. Why no radio, like BBC2 give her a whole hour or two where she'll talk about music and select the records they play ? That would be something new.

EDIt : she already did that with Jo Whiley....that's when she talked about When doves cry....but 2 hours of this would be great.

It was some sort of a deal, just not very strict. There was some flexibility. Do you think all iHeart radio programmers around the country woke up two Saturdays ago and decided they were going to add LFL on their stations all together at the same time? It was an automated add. A corporate decision that had an expiration date from the very beginning. None of those adds was genuine. No wonder why other companies apart from Cumulus did not touch it.

It's funny how you previously said this wasn't a deal, and now you are.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

who's listenning to radios? Please.

Broadcast radio accounted for 52% of all listening time, or just over two hours per day. That figure includes time spent listening to online simulcasts from AM or FM stations. Broadcast radio's place as most favored audio format isn't a surprise. About 92% of Americans age 12 and over listen to broadcast radio, according to Arbitron.

Owned music accounted for 20% of listening. Included in this category are CDs, digital downloads, vinyl LPs and, presumably, even cassette tapes. CD listening comprised "a significant" part of the owned music category, according to Edison Research President Larry Rosin.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6121619/how-and-how-much-america-listens-have-been-measured-for

It was not payola...

Federal law and FCC rules require that employees of broadcast stations, program producers, program suppliers and others who, in exchange for airing material, have accepted or agreed to receive payments, services or other valuable consideration must disclose this fact.

The GMAYL deal was announced in a press release by Clear Channel, nothing for LFL. It was only a radio push, not payola...

Source : http://www.fcc.gov/guides/payola-rules

I'm sure there was some sort of deal, but it obviously wasn't a straightforward "payola" situation like GMAYL. My guess is that Interscope bundled LFL along with a few other new artists/songs in a package. Not sure what the stations got in return, maybe the guarantee of artists performing at summer radio shows, Jingle Balls, etc. or something different. But there was likely no exchange of money for play. Either way, if people are interested in the song, it would continue on its own. There are lots of other factors at play though - and a 56 year old woman is just not going to enjoy those other factors.

I think Madonna should do a really avant grade album, something that wouldn't get played on radio anyways - then license the songs for commercials, film, popular video games and explore other ways to get the music out there. Madonna shouldn't have to beg for a spot on radio. Period.

i love how people insist with this payola without proofs or even clues

"ok..let's make a payola...play this song randomly sometimes during the day...but not too much please...."

I think Madonna should do a really avant grade album, something that wouldn't get played on radio anyways - then license the songs for commercials, film, popular video games and explore other ways to get the music out there. Madonna shouldn't have to beg for a spot on radio. Period.

Total agreement! I have been thinking and screaming for the same thing. She has to know this and is just being stubborn and don't want to license her music!! She had better get over it,it's the reality of the times even groups with airplay do this. And the days being called sell out is long behind us. I understand professional integrity but damn!

She must embrace the reality of her situation, her radio days are over and again explore other mediums to make people aware of her Music,period!

i love how people insist with this payola without proofs or even clues

"ok..let's make a payola...play this song randomly sometimes during the day...but not too much please...."

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. I don't believe it. If payola was paid, they should get a refund. lol

Could this affect RH first week?

BREAKING NEWS

Effective immediately in all iTunes stores worldwide, pre-orders will no longer impact an album's first day chart rank. Its position will be based on the album's performance that day and albums will need to climb up the charts the same way a non-pre-order album would. This also applies to Instant Grat tracks -- the tracks that download immediately when an album is pre-ordered.

Note that pre-order albums can still chart prior to release, but on release day, only new sales and "Complete My Album" sales will impact the album's chart position. On the Instant Grat front, tracks sold à la carte will count towards the Top Songs chart, but tracks delivered as part of the pre-order will not -- they're considered part of the album sale. This logic also applies to Single track pre-orders.

The update essentially resolves the issue of albums being counted twice in iTunes' charts: once at the time of pre-order and once at the time of fulfillment. As such, it's a more accurate representation of user behavior. Soundscan charts are not affected -- pre-orders still count towards first-week sales there -- and pre-orders are still a valuable way to direct your fans to a point-of-purchase as soon as they hear about your music.

i think just the massive amount of pre orders that suddenly count in one day, but of course the sales are the same and all numbers are counted together. thats what it seems like anyway.

but wait a second, does that mean that if this rule was happening when living for love came out, it wouldn't struggle this much?

Could this affect RH first week?

BREAKING NEWS

Effective immediately in all iTunes stores worldwide, pre-orders will no longer impact an album's first day chart rank. Its position will be based on the album's performance that day and albums will need to climb up the charts the same way a non-pre-order album would. This also applies to Instant Grat tracks -- the tracks that download immediately when an album is pre-ordered.

Note that pre-order albums can still chart prior to release, but on release day, only new sales and "Complete My Album" sales will impact the album's chart position. On the Instant Grat front, tracks sold à la carte will count towards the Top Songs chart, but tracks delivered as part of the pre-order will not -- they're considered part of the album sale. This logic also applies to Single track pre-orders.

The update essentially resolves the issue of albums being counted twice in iTunes' charts: once at the time of pre-order and once at the time of fulfillment. As such, it's a more accurate representation of user behavior. Soundscan charts are not affected -- pre-orders still count towards first-week sales there -- and pre-orders are still a valuable way to direct your fans to a point-of-purchase as soon as they hear about your music.

Source?