Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

can I be honest, LFL is not a strong lead single. it lacks something...

Yeah, it's too perfect :lmao:

Radio doesn't wanna intimidate their shit songs with it.

Who cares about radio. The song is amazing, and I am so glad that the recent trend of having guests in the first single is over. She delivered an amazing song, and performed it flawlessly at the Grammys. Some of her best tracks in recent years have either not charted (Get Together, Love Profusion) or have not even been released (Love Spent, DWRY), so it really does not matter anymore if radio picks the song up or not. It was fun watching the AI go up, though, it took me back to the early 00s with Music and DTM and how I used to check radio stats constantly, ha!

I agree! We live in a time where everything Madonna does is gravy. Let's enjoy it and not stress so much! We are about to get a couple great weeks of promo like we haven't had in almost a decade. If it doesn't make the radio stations play the songs or people buy them, we have to let that go. People have free will

The album is not even released!! Shes gonna do promo in March! Older acts do better on album charts and don't get a single play on radio. Yes Madonna WAS a singles artists and you guys needs to face up to the idea she is not a radio star no more!!

RH has gone back up AGAIN in both US and UK iTunes. It was out staggering lower in Top 200 and as of now it's at 119 on UK iTunes. She's got plenty of TV promo coming up!

I think they know M is not a singles darling no more, it's you guys that need to face up to the idea!

You are absolutely right! Its not WB, LN, Interscope or even Madonna or Guy.......it IS a hard pill to swallow but radio just simply does not care at all anymore and speaking from an extremely general perspective, young people could care less about her. This hasn't been an "overnight" thing either like many have said, this decline has been happening for years. Within the past 15 yrs, we have seen many firsts.....AL was first lead single since Everybody to not make Top 10, Hollywood became her first single since Everybody to miss the Hot 100 and then it happened again and again after that. She is officially in the next stage of her career.

You are absolutely right! Its not WB, LN, Interscope or even Madonna or Guy.......it IS a hard pill to swallow but radio just simply does not care at all anymore and speaking from an extremely general perspective, young people could care less about her. This hasn't been an "overnight" thing either like many have said, this decline has been happening for years. Within the past 15 yrs, we have seen many firsts.....AL was first lead single since Everybody to not make Top 10, Hollywood became her first single since Everybody to miss the Hot 100 and then it happened again and again after that. She is officially in the next stage of her career.

I think it's a bit easier for American fans to take because it's been like this for a while here. Since American Life really, Madonna has been in a different stage of her career, more revered of as an icon than as a current popular artist (while still of course having some significant success)

Perhaps this transition is more shocking to European fans, who haven't been dealing with it as long

Watch out... In two-three days from now, some people around here will start to say the album is bad just because she doesn't have a hit. The same happened with AL.

I can even drop some name if you want.

I think the NTP would've worked great if they planned it better or had a stronger strategy. How about tying one of the songs in a movie and make it the lead song of the soundtrack? Choose a movie that has a big chance of doing it well so the song gets better exposure.

I dunno. I'm sad for this.

Not too long ago I said this exact same thing and I was completely lynched for it :lol:

It's a combination of many things, but the main reason why Madonna is not getting the hype she used to get is cuz people have simply moved on.

Watch out... In two-three days from now, some people around here will start to say the album is bad just because she doesn't have a hit. The same happened with AL.

YES.

MDNA was LOVED at first as well. When it became clear that it wasn't selling huge, same thing happened. It's so odd. One person even gave a sermon about how he is a fan because she is the queen of pop and without hits he can't enjoy her so much :laugh:

So Rebel Heart might be her first album not to have a single reach the Top 10 in the US?

*American Life had Die Another day crack the top 10,Hard Candy=4 minutes;MDNA=GMAYL

YES.

MDNA was LOVED at first as well. When it became clear that it wasn't selling huge, same thing happened. It's so odd. One person even gave a sermon about how he is a fan because she is the queen of pop and without hits he can't enjoy her so much :laugh:

Wow conditioned by popular opinion. I listen to my favorite German singer Sandra since I was a kid. To me she is always a Queen. And I could care less if she's popular in the whole world or not. Madonna is like what it means to be THE international singer. She is known even in the jungles lol There will be all kinds of opinions on her. Who cares? Just take her art like a snake eats a fruit and shut up lol

Who cares? If you enjoy the album i bet you don't give A about them. :madgemanson:

But we all know why, ant it was because of radio mostly. AL was a success outside the US. it doesn't feel like people don't care anymore, it feels more that some are making the possible so people don't care.

Will completely love RH if it's commercial success or not, but still feels like more can be done for promotion on M team.

For me personally, half of the tracks on MDNA and HC are almost just as good as her best songs ever. Don't give a s**t if critics or fans degrade the musical output from those two albums or RH.

I think the song is a hit so many people know the song why do you focus on radio? For example the song is played in lots of tv promos in Spanish tv

I do not listen to spanish radio but so you know if it has been played in Los 40, Cadena 100, etc?

So Rebel Heart might be her first album not to have a single reach the Top 10 in the US?

*American Life had Die Another day crack the top 10,Hard Candy=4 minutes;MDNA=GMAYL

Calm down, Beyonce!

It's the first single. There will be others. If after that, none reach the Top 10, then your sentece will be true.

I still hope the song will go up (even though the numbers are not favorable to that), but I think that if she wanted to release LFL as the lead single, she shouldn't have put it among the 6 songs at that time. And all I can think is: Does Guy have a brain? He seems a terrible manager to me