Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

You have to put into perspective that a low chart placement has nothing to do with the quality of her output now moreso than ever. And sorry, but no one saw the MDNA tour on the strength of "Give Me All Your Luvin"'s top 10 chart placement in the US. :rotfl:

^ Excellent point, but many will point to the Super Bowl as an excellent advertisement for the MDNA Tour. The tickets went on sale immediately afterward, and she had reminded everyone of what a performer she is. In that case, the "NTP" really had the intended effect -- GMAYL's chart performance (and even MDNA's to a certain extent) was a non-factor in that era, because of the Super Bowl.

I guess we have to hope the Grammys and the Brits do the trick on this go-round -- but, since the tour isn't announced and the tickets aren't on sale yet ... that's not even a possibility.

Perhaps there is some upcoming licensing or large promotional push we are not aware of yet, but ... I'll try not to keep my hopes up for that. Instead, I'll just focus on enjoying the art and creative output.

You have to put into perspective that a low chart placement has nothing to do with the quality of her output now moreso than ever. And sorry, but no one saw the MDNA tour on the strength of "Give Me All Your Luvin"'s top 10 chart placement in the US. :rotfl:

I don't agree. Have you actually thought that MDNA and GMAYL actually hurt the tour? In the US she had the Superbowl and huge promo for the single, but abroad where again no one cared to push the album, the tour struggled in my opinion. The numbers were down in Europe for Madonna's standards.

I don't agree. Have you actually thought that MDNA and GMAYL actually hurt the tour? In the US she had the Superbowl and huge promo for the single, but abroad where again no one cared to push the album, the tour struggled in my opinion. The numbers were down in Europe for Madonna's standards.

The numbers may have been down in Europe because she had toured there exhaustively -- S&ST 2.0, even, which the rest of the world didn't have. M hit MANY secondary markets in the U.S. for the first time with the MDNA Tour. (She was back in my market for the first time since the Virgin Tour!!) So the U.S. was 'thirsty' for M.

You're right that MDNA and GMAYL did not hurt the tour. But it's unlikely that the casual audiences went to the MDNA Tour in hopes of hearing her sing GMAYL live. (Not that GMAYL failed to deliver as a performance -- it was actually kind of a highlight! But telling that she had transformed it / remixed it and abbreviated it. Not sure we'll ever see/hear it again on tour...)

I agree with Jasonakos that the single and album sales will affect the tour, especially since she is known to mostly focus on new music during the tour. No matter how great it is, please will not go to the tour this time around if they don't know the new music and therefore don't know how great it is. I think a bunch of the people who went to the MDNA tour may not go to this one unless they are exposed to the new music. If you weren't in the golden triangle, there were a lot of people sitting around until the familiar hits were performed. I don't think they would pay that kind of money for another show of songs they don't know.

Also, I think if this album is not successful, it may make it difficult for her to get another record deal after this one has ended.

I really think everyone involved needs to double down and focus on making RH as successful as possible. From a marketing point of view it does seem everything is last minute, and not thought out. Which is strange because supposedly they a plan this time around!

For our part, I think we should still keep requesting and keep streaming LFL. Whether or not it goes Hot100, just keep the interest going until the album release and next single at least.

But she would be on the route of becoming a niche artist if she's not putting out hit materials. The reason why her tours grew bigger and bigger was because she had hit eras on top of her legendary catalogue. I know touring is the most profitable investment but it's ALWAYS the new materials that attract new audience. It doesn't make sense to make POP music without the intent of making it popular.

That's the part that doesn't make sense. Why make pop music when you don't intend on getting it heard? Look at Hard Candy: her most mainstream-sounding album since True Blue. Why use mainstream producers and a mainstream sound and not push it with all cylinders blazing? It just came and went after 4 Minutes, like it never existed. So weird! It had tons of hit potential. Did no one around her care?

That's the part that doesn't make sense. Why make pop music when you don't intend on getting it hear? Look at Hard Candy: her most mainstream-sounding album since True Blue. Why use mainstream producers and a mainstream sound and not push it with all cylinders blazing? It just came and went after 4 Minutes, like it never existed. So weird! It had tons of hit potential. Did no one around her care?

Well, Give it 2 Me and Miles Away did very well in Europe, Quebec and Latin America. Also, Miles Away smashed in Japan, it hit no1 on airplay for weeks. It was played on a TV series or something. Overall, the album did well. Maybe they could have released Beat Goes On as 2nd single, especially since it was getting played in the US, including on WKTU. She just looked so bored though with singles and videos. She was ready to go on tour and make hundreds of millions.

That's the part that doesn't make sense. Why make pop music when you don't intend on getting it heard? Look at Hard Candy: her most mainstream-sounding album since True Blue. Why use mainstream producers and a mainstream sound and not push it with all cylinders blazing? It just came and went after 4 Minutes, like it never existed. So weird! It had tons of hit potential. Did no one around her care?

It makes sense to do whatever the hell she wants to do. Hard Candy was the best selling album by an American artist in 2008 globally and launched the biggest tour by a female artist of all time. It didn't get heard?

Hard Candy was a commercial success though. 4 Minutes and GI2M were big hits WW.

Things started going down once she left Warner.

The album is not even released!! Shes gonna do promo in March! Older acts do better on album charts and don't get a single play on radio. Yes Madonna WAS a singles artists and you guys needs to face up to the idea she is not a radio star no more!!

RH has gone back up AGAIN in both US and UK iTunes. It was out staggering lower in Top 200 and as of now it's at 119 on UK iTunes. She's got plenty of TV promo coming up!

I think they know M is not a singles darling no more, it's you guys that need to face up to the idea!

I really hope she didn't sign a 3 album deal with Interscope. If she did, then we will get the same treatment with the next album. She needs to leave them. They really don't care and I find that odd. Why sign her to begin with? Why let a song with huge hit potential bomb because you did nothing at all? It's crazy.

I agree!!

The album is not even released!! Shes gonna do promo in March! Older acts do better on album charts and don't get a single play on radio. Yes Madonna WAS a singles artists and you guys needs to face up to the idea she is not a radio star no more!!

RH has gone back up AGAIN in both US and UK iTunes. It was out staggering lower in Top 200 and as of now it's at 119 on UK iTunes. She's got plenty of TV promo coming up!

I think they know M is not a singles darling no more, it's you guys that need to face up to the idea!

I agree with this as well. Hah I was actually going to say the same thing. We are forgetting that the album is not even out yet. What's there to promote? Even then, she has already done great in terms of promotion. Imagine what we'll get when the album actually comes out!! We are panicking over Living for Love not doing great on the radio, but may be it was never really intended to be a radio hit?

Well, Give it 2 Me and Miles Away did very well in Europe, Quebec and Latin America. Also, Miles Away smashed in Japan, it hit no1 on airplay for weeks. It was played on a TV series or something. Overall, the album did well. Maybe they could have released Beat Goes On as 2nd single, especially since it was getting played in the US, including on WKTU. She just looked so bored though with singles and videos. She was ready to go on tour and make hundreds of millions.

Miles Away also Topped German airplay charts,,

Hard Candy was a commercial success though. 4 Minutes and GI2M were big hits WW.

Things started going down once she left Warner.

yes but compared to LFL GMAYL was still a big hit..

It is definitely a hard pill to swallow. I mean lfl is truly a great song and sounds so good on the radio. Programmers can't tell me that it isn't as radio friendly as others they are playing now but at the end of the day it is out of our hands. All I know is that this woman is life and we are the lucky ones who know, love, and cherish everything she is and what she means to the world. It is sad knowing there are those who won't ever realize how important she is but we will always know the icon she will forever be....Now onto enjoying the beginning of another epic Madonna era!

Well LFL is a great song, but not an instant hit

We had the leaks and let's be honest, even after the grammy performance people werent interestes in buying it.

But if M really cared about charts we would have seen some payola/deal.

I think they ll sell more albums with a hit. Its obvious LFL is not connecting (or the people order the album) so its better if they move onto Ghosttown with breathtaking video!

I'm pretty sure the reason is underperformed was because not many people bought the song once the Grammys came around and she started doing all the press. The song came out I'm Dec 95% of the fans had already gotten it when the pre order was put up. No one was going to buy it again. Also, it was never released as a standalone single on iTunes, so by the time the press and performance came around the hype over the song slowly was dying.

I know it is difficult to accept her first single not charting at all, but the music is really amazing...this album is one of her best, hit single or not. Let's not lose sight of that.

Guys... 33 years. Look at that! 33 fucking years!!

She doesn't have to do what the others have to do to be relevant and the charts are completely different now than they were even during MDNA. Remember that. She just has to stay true to herself and keep recording and touring... everything else is a bonus.

YES!

I really don't know why is it such a big deal, tho. :lol:

Who cares about radio. The song is amazing, and I am so glad that the recent trend of having guests in the first single is over. She delivered an amazing song, and performed it flawlessly at the Grammys. Some of her best tracks in recent years have either not charted (Get Together, Love Profusion) or have not even been released (Love Spent, DWRY), so it really does not matter anymore if radio picks the song up or not. It was fun watching the AI go up, though, it took me back to the early 00s with Music and DTM and how I used to check radio stats constantly, ha!

LFL is a such a great song..tis a shame, that she don't get enough radio promo.

this strategy works not really good... the audience in germany, who knows about the release ist not really big...