Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

Leaving Warner did her no good in terms of chart success. I don't even think the age is the biggest problem. If she could score hits after hits at 46 as a middle-aged woman, it shouldn't be difficult to achieve the same in her fifties. It's not like she turnt 72 overnight. The main reason her singles have been flopping is because she doesn't have a major record label to push her music.

Guys... 33 years. Look at that! 33 fucking years!!

She doesn't have to do what the others have to do to be relevant and the charts are completely different now than they were even during MDNA. Remember that. She just has to stay true to herself and keep recording and touring... everything else is a bonus.

NO

she deserves so much better. living for love and rebel heart deserve better.

Leaving Warner did her no good in terms of chart success. I don't even think the age is the biggest problem. If she could score hits after hits at 46 as a middle-aged woman, it shouldn't be difficult to achieve the same in her fifties. It's not like she turnt 72 overnight.

In all fairness, WBR worked overtime to promote COADf everywhere so they wouldn't have a continuation with AL. You can't really compare that to now.

NO

she deserves so much better. living for love and rebel heart deserve better.

NO. Who gives a shit who at what label kisses whose ass to achieve higher Billboard Hot 100 chart placement? It means nothing.

Let's look at album sales the week following March 10... The REBEL HEART album is going to smash and that means much more! (including that many of those people owned LFL already thanks to the early presale.)

Interscope is paid to manufacture physical copies of her albums and handle official distribution of digital files to iTunes and the like.

"It's all an illusion". We are not living in the days of even Hard Candy at this point.

"Adapt to the heat!" (M, Rolling Stone 1998)

NO. Who gives a shit who at what label kisses whose ass to achieve higher Billboard Hot 100 chart placement? It means nothing.

Let's look at album sales the week following March 10... The REBEL HEART album is going to smash and that means much more! (including that many of those people owned LFL already thanks to the early presale.)

but how could it smash when they're not even playing it on the radio?

and here i thought livenation would step up their game when they started signing these 360 deals. instead, they seemed to have dropped the ball on everything but touring...which they were doing before anyway.

when is she done with them!?!?! so she can move on, maybe THEN we'll see her have the major comeback she deserves!

Considering the amount of money she generates, she could have the music world in the palm of her hands, but she chooses to invest wisely and make deals that benefit her more than the larger companies.

While not reflected in vanity things such as chart positions, it's a huge, powerful business move and far more admirable to me. She knows what she's worth and --though we all want to see her at #1 with each single-- I'd rather see her pocket a huge amount of the money she herself works so hard for!

Did the leak and putting LFL on sale in december ruin everything? or it is just how it's going to be from now on with every new era? fuck I'm getting depressed. Her new music doesnt deserve this shit..

If Interscope only has the rights to distribute, that means they don't own the master tapes, right? So Madonna owns the MDNA and Rebel Heart sessions. She could bring those with her back to Warner without legal trouble, right? Just wishful thinking on my part. I really miss CD singles. Warner spoiled us with those. :(

Interscope is paid to manufacture physical copies of her albums and handle official distribution of digital files to iTunes and the like.

"It's all an illusion". We are not living in the days of even Hard Candy at this point.

"Adapt to the heat!" (M, Rolling Stone 1998)

Why should she adapt to bad management?

Considering the amount of money she generates, she could have the music world in the palm of her hands, but she chooses to invest wisely and make deals that benefit her more than the larger companies.

While not reflected in vanity things such as chart positions, it's a huge, powerful business move and far more admirable to me. She knows what she's worth and --though we all want to see her at #1 with each single-- I'd rather see her pocket a huge amount of the money she herself works so hard for!

Then she should make tour of her GH rather than come up with new material since no1 is gonna pay attention to that mh_7_gif1.gif

Bitch better go back to WB. Since Interscope only distributes and LN only gives a shit about touring.

If Interscope only has the rights to distribute, that means they don't own the master tapes, right? So Madonna owns the MDNA and Rebel Heart sessions. She could bring those with her back to Warner without legal trouble, right? Just wishful thinking on my part. I really miss CD singles. Warner spoiled us with those. :(

I know, and I miss them too but they don't make them for anyone anymore with the exception of Germany who, ironically, gets most major Universal label releases (the umbrella Madonna's currently under, hence the physical release of LFL).

Why should she adapt to bad management?

Then she should make tour of her GH rather than come up with new material since no1 is gonna pay attention to that mh_7_gif1.gif

Bitch better go back to WB. Since Interscope only distributes and LN only gives a shit about touring.

I love you, but you've missed the point entirely.

mh_7_gif1.gif

Madonna is living for love now! And she carried on from major labels and sales and AirPlay. Best we all do the same!!!

YES.

She has recorded an astoundingly good album. I want people to hear it, but the number of people who do should not colour anyones enjoyment of Rebel Heart!

It's just frustrating when she makes music that COULD be popular with the masses, yet isn't because of incompetence. I'm looking at you Guy!

If she made something completely avant garde that had no mainstream possibility, it wouldn't be a big deal that she wasn't being played on the radio. It would be expected because the music would be niche.

But we are talking about the fucking Queen of Pop here!

It's just frustrating when she makes music that COULD be popular with the masses, yet isn't because of incompetence. I'm looking at you Guy!

If she made something completely avant garde that had no mainstream possibility, it wouldn't be a big deal that she wasn't being played on the radio. It would be expected because the music would be niche.

But we are talking about the fucking Queen of Pop here!

It just goes to show that quality does not equate success.

But she would be on the route of becoming a niche artist if she's not putting out hit materials. The reason why her tours grew bigger and bigger was because she had hit eras on top of her legendary catalogue. I know touring is the most profitable investment but it's ALWAYS the new materials that attract new audience. It doesn't make sense to make POP music without the intent of making it popular.

I really hope she didn't sign a 3 album deal with Interscope. If she did, then we will get the same treatment with the next album. She needs to leave them. They really don't care and I find that odd. Why sign her to begin with? Why let a song with huge hit potential bomb because you did nothing at all? It's crazy.

I'm no expert on all the contract stuff ... but, back in the day (perhaps this was under her WB agreement), the live albums supposedly counted as a half-album? I have no idea if that's accurate ... I remember someone here on MadonnaNation said that, but I don't know whether that is true, or whether that has actually factored in the tallies for these contracts.

My point in mentioning this would just be that MDNA and RH would be 2 albums -- the MDNA Tour would be 0.5 album and a live album for the next tour would be another 0.5 album. [Although, she might not even need the next tour to reach that, if this is all correct, because I believe the S&ST live release was technically her first release outside of the WB agreement.]

The leaks fucked the release up.

Releasing the song back in December adds onto that.

Because the song was an instant download from the pre-order, those sales don't count toward it's singles sales, another fail.

And because we all have already bought the song already, we can't buy it again to increase sales and interest.

We should be happy that the song managed to get airplay in the US. It may not have been 1st single airplay, it still managed to do better than her second singles from recent years.

At least we managed to spark interest with the media about the music industries ageist tendencies.

At the end of the day, the release of the single wasn't well planned out.

You're right about this, sadly. Everyone's talking about "Ghosttown" and "Devil Pray" and BIM and even UB as potential singles... I was thinking that perhaps she didn't intend to release any of those as singles, and was holding back the forthcoming tracks as potential singles, so as to avoid this chart debacle situation. Perhaps that wasn't the case, because it certainly wasn't with LFL, unfortunately.

The only reason I thought that was because I was pretty sure that she was releasing LFL as the "Valentine's Day" single and tying it in with the Grammys, etc. But then I figured the second single was going to be "Rebel Heart" -- title track, etc. And that fit in, logically, to me because it wasn't in the initially released six tracks back in December. (It wasn't even in the next three!) But now ... seeing that "Rebel Heart" isn't even in the standard tracklisting (!!!) I don't know what to think. Mystifying.

I know it doesn't matter now -- water under the bridge -- but I wonder if LFL should not have been rushed out the door in December. (Would it have mattered if we only got five tracks instead of six in December?) Perhaps that would have helped avoid the charting situation we're seeing now.

I gifted LFL on the weekend of its release as a Christmas gift to A LOT of people... The amount of money wasn't that much -- about $30 -- but it means I don't have a huge amount of people I can gift the song to now... Even a few of the people I sent it to (who love Madonna) were like, "That was so sweet of you, but I don't have an iTunes account." (I get charged for it no matter what, so it was like throwing $1.29 away -- but I don't care, as long as M sees some of that. Hope she does -- hope the person doesn't HAVE to download it for it to count for her sake.)

Ah well. We are in different times. Let's hope the word of mouth about the quality of music will carry her through and lift her UP UP UP UP.