Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

I was dying for her to leave Warner for years.......... but I really didn't expect anyone else to do worse. Live Nation or Interscope (not sure who to blame) has done a horrible job with her singles. I see her next album having bombing singles as well. Hopefully, she can get a deal afterwards with someone who knows what they are doing. If not, I hope she resigns with Warner and they buy the 3 Live Nation/Interscope albums.

lets remember the leaks really screwed up the original plan, no one planned for the song to be released in december with no promo and no video and rhen push the song a month and a half later, you know this is not interscope fault

Cruncher, I understand. I know lots of people who have the radio on in the background. If they hear LFL over and over they may subliminally want to buy that album when they see the CD on the music store shelves. Personally, I cannot bear the personalities of radio dj's, the station jingles and advertising.

Oh, I'm with you. Especially the dj personalities. However, let me share an example: I am only ever exposed to the radio while driving. I always prefer total silence in the car so the radio is muted, but I do see the name of the song and the artist on the Sirius screen on the dashboard. Every now and then, in between the Taylor Swifts and that girl who sings about her "big bass" comes something interesting like Nick Jonas' "jealous;" which I would nave never discovered in a million years. I then checked him out on Spotify, etc. And apparently many peoples knowledge of songs is limited to the 5 songs that are played on the radio so it's heartbreaking to see a good song disappear into the ether simply because some radio stations chose not to play it. I hate that radio is so important, but it is. Even the iTunes top ten mirrors the radio playlist: that cannot be a coincidence.

PS Please don't make fun of me for liking "Jealous."

Oh, I'm with you. Especially the dj personalities. However, let me share an example: I am only ever exposed to the radio while driving. I always prefer total silence in the car so the radio is muted, but I do see the name of the song and the artist on the Sirius screen on the dashboard. Every now and then, in between the Taylor Swifts and that girl who sings about her "big bass" comes something interesting like Nick Jonas' "jealous;" which I would nave never discovered in a million years. I then checked him out on Spotify, etc. And apparently many peoples knowledge of songs is limited to the 5 songs that are played on the radio so it's heartbreaking to see a good song disappear into the ether simply because some radio stations chose not to play it. I hate that radio is so important, but it is. Even the iTunes top ten mirrors the radio playlist: that cannot be a coincidence.

PS Please don't make fun of me for liking "Jealous."

I only ever listen to the 'youth' radio station Triple J in Australia, again in the car somewhere. At least JJJ has a playlist that incorporates more Australian and independant acts (they personally excluded Taylor Swift from their playlists, even though a small % of their demographic probably doesn't mind her!). Without JJJ I would not have 'discovered' Northeast Party House, RUFUS, Owl Eyes and The Swiss. There's a lot to be said for hearing local music.

i'm on KTU HARDCORE! they will play it if kills me! lol or at least until march 10th when i'll officially give up on this hardcore push to radio.

If and when Z100 starts spinning it regularly you can be sure KTU will add it. They're Top 40 followers now.

10948869_585677611576847_1584226294_n.jp

This is great. Do they do this sort of thing normally?

If and when Z100 starts spinning it regularly you can be sure KTU will add it. They're Top 40 followers now.

This is great. Do they do this sort of thing normally?

it's number 51 on their top 250 hot songs and it's been played it a couple of times a day the last couple of days...

it's number 51 on their top 250 hot songs and it's been played it a couple of times a day the last couple of days...

It's crazy to me that any song played on Z100 more than once isn't cracking the Hot 100. Are they still the biggest Top 40 station in the country?

It's crazy to me that any song played on Z100 more than once isn't cracking the Hot 100. Are they still the biggest Top 40 station in the country?

It is! But ever since streaming was added to the Hot 100 formula, airplay has naturally had a lower percentage of the total points. I also think more stations are tracked now, which means any one station's share is lower

I never listen to the radio. I hate it, i don't even understand how one can start his day with the BS they are saying, unfunny vulgar jokes, stupid dj's whom probably did not finish high school, commercials...It's like a giant flushing noise. All the artists and music i like are not on the radio and never were even new younger ones and i think that this is even harder for them to not being played since they are starting. Dont bullshit me with quality, there's no quality in the R1 list. It's a commercial list, nothing daring there. What really bugged me is that they made it about age and public. It's really a cunt move. i don't get why women buy into this and don't feel revolted, i guess it's because they have not experienced it yet. It's not only musicians but society we are dealing with.

An example, Antoine de Caunes (presenter of Le Grand Journal, Eurotrash...You'll know him next month) 'ex wife who is Madonna's age and had a radio show for years got fired last june. She's now experiencing rejection and has a hard time finding a job as a journalist even in a small publication because they want young people. Not only to look young but because they can fool them like paying them less or not paying them at all "you are paid with exposure". I used to not like her but i discovered her and now we talk about the best public pools in Paris and it's heartbreaking to see someone being crushed like this for something we will all experience and after our last meeting i felt really down and depressed not because of her but because of how we as a society create our own poisons. The now hire bloggers and it's scary and an institution like Le Figaro, a right wing (far right if you ask me) publication gave their keys to blogger and we get articles like "Famous beautiful men who date ugly women" with awful legends under each pic. I expected a man to have written this but it was a woman my age (32). We are getting older, people live longer lives so we are creating a real problem for the upcoming years. The arrogance of young people in their 20's scares me. I don' remember being cocky like this. I guess it's because they come from a family who nurtured this in them, giving them this sense of entitlement and looking down on everybody. I somedays dread working with them because i so want to scream in their faces how much i despise them. They act like the world revolves around them and it does. Youth culture is scary. They all look the same, love the same things, are totally obsessed with the 90's and their childhood. I lived them once and i don't want to live them twice.

I never listen to the radio. I hate it, i don't even understand how one can start his day with the BS they are saying, unfunny vulgar jokes, stupid dj's whom probably did not finish high school, commercials...It's like a giant flushing noise. All the artists and music i like are not on the radio and never were even new younger ones and i think that this is even harder for them to not being played since they are starting. Dont bullshit me with quality, there's no quality in the R1 list. It's a commercial list, nothing daring there. What really bugged me is that they made it about age and public. It's really a cunt move. i don't get why women buy into this and don't feel revolted, i guess it's because they have not experienced it yet. It's not only musicians but society we are dealing with.

An example, Antoine de Caunes (presenter of Le Grand Journal, Eurotrash...You'll know him next month) 'ex wife who is Madonna's age and had a radio show for years got fired last june. She's now experiencing rejection and has a hard time finding a job as a journalist even in a small publication because they want young people. Not only to look young but because they can fool them like paying them less or not paying them at all "you are paid with exposure". I used to not like her but i discovered her and now we talk about the best public pools in Paris and it's heartbreaking to see someone being crushed like this for something we will all experience and after our last meeting i felt really down and depressed not because of her but because of how we as a society create our own poisons. The now hire bloggers and it's scary and an institution like Le Figaro, a right wing (far right if you ask me) publication gave their keys to blogger and we get articles like "Famous beautiful men who date ugly women" with awful legends under each pic. I expected a man to have written this but it was a woman my age (32). We are getting older, people live longer lives so we are creating a real problem for the upcoming years. The arrogance of young people in their 20's scares me. I don' remember being cocky like this. I guess it's because they come from a family who nurtured this in them, giving them this sense of entitlement and looking down on everybody. I somedays dread working with them because i so want to scream in their faces how much i despise them. They act like the world revolves around them and it does. Youth culture is scary. They all look the same, love the same things, are totally obsessed with the 90's and their childhood. I lived them once and i don't want to live them twice.

Great insight and great post!

Whoop!!! Where are my flyers !!!

Vertigo, tell the guy to listen again and stop being a bitch!

I'm working on them now as I cook my lunch for tomorrow!!!