Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

I miss that place! I thought it was closing down. Glad to hear its still going strong! I just wish Toronto radio stations would start playing "living for Love"

Yeah it was supposed to close down right after pride last year, pride being the big goodbye party but then someone else bought it and renamed it FLY 2.0 and two weekends ago was the 16th year anniversary party ;)

I was just talking to a friend about how it's not at all easy to be an entertainer and at the same time stand up for or against something!

Most singers (especially Beyoncé), are so safe! Yeah you're in the top 40, got a ton of grammies, your hair is hot and you look like a real diva on stage! You got the word fierce attached to you in every tabloid, but what the hell are you really fierce about? What do you do to make this world a better place? Started from the bottom now you're here, great! But now what??

Madonna has been taking so much shit since the 80s because she's not worried about looking fierce! She uses her star power to stir things up in areas where no one wants to get their hands dirty.

In the 80s it was homophobia and sexism and that was not an easy thing to fight, especially back then. The world was A LOT more prejudice towards homosexuality and women rights. Then Madonna spoke against the war and got shit for it. Now she's fighting ageism and is ridiculed for it.

All the while there is some diva on stage being all fierce with the same boring look in her eyes and predictable moves. Then there is Crapga taking credit of Madonnas hard work against homophobia and sexism and I wont be surprised if in 30 years from now, same bitch will act like she conquered ageism too...

The world is not fair sometimes. But that's exactly why Madonna got herself so deep in Kabbalah. Most of this credit one gets from other people is only an illusion. What you really want is for the Light to know what's up, because the fate of your soul's journey depends on that, not what other people credit you with or not.

I was just talking to a friend about how it's not at all easy to be an entertainer and at the same time stand up for or against something!

Most singers (especially Beyoncé), are so safe! Yeah you're in the top 40, got a ton of grammies, your hair is hot and you look like a real diva on stage! You got the word fierce attached to you in every tabloid, but what the hell are you really fierce about? What do you do to make this world a better place? Started from the bottom now you're here, great! But now what??

Madonna has been taking so much shit since the 80s because she's not worried about looking fierce! She uses her star power to stir things up in areas where no one wants to get their hands dirty.

In the 80s it was homophobia and sexism and that was not an easy thing to fight, especially back then. The world was A LOT more prejudice towards homosexuality and women rights. Then Madonna spoke against the war and got shit for it. Now she's fighting ageism and is ridiculed for it.

All the while there is some diva on stage being all fierce with the same boring look in her eyes and predictable moves. Then there is Crapga taking credit of Madonnas hard work against homophobia and sexism and I wont be surprised if in 30 years from now, same bitch will act like she conquered ageism too...

The world is not fair sometimes. But that's exactly why Madonna got herself so deep in Kabbalah. Most of this credit one gets from other people is only an illusion. What you really want is for the Light to know what's up, because the fate of your soul's journey depends on that, not what other people credit you with or not

Great post...no performer past or present has the balls this woman has or could walk in her her shoes. She understands that nothing worth fighting for comes easy and faces the firing squad without fear or compromise to her beliefs..

Like I said in the chart thread. The comments are mainly supportive of M. This actually makes Radio 1 look bad cause they mention other artists.

Sky news discussed this article, reviewers were in support of M but that weezle Sky reporter Stephen Dixon bashed M! What a prick! Btw he is a fan of Kylie, mentioned it ages ago. Calling M irrelevant and old and should put it away. How would he like if someone banned him if he was GAY! Ugh!

Anne Diamond and other reviewer said she still got it and should be about the music.

Isn't he gay and a Gaga fan? He is Gaga and Kylie and I have always believed him to be gay. So..

The sad thing is that they try to convince us ALL that we get too old to do certain things. You are too old at 40 to change careers, you are too old at 50 to fall in love again, you are too old at 60 to study again...

well, i'm very very proud of Madonna, but the thing that i'm more proud is that she's fighting so hard against that barrier, the hardest and most bitter barrier she has found in her whole career (and she has broken many barriers!). But she's working so hard, opening new ways. She, and other older people out there who are telling the world to fuck off.

tumblr_mvlp13pj321rkembbo1_250.gif

:clap:

The world is not fair sometimes. But that's exactly why Madonna got herself so deep in Kabbalah. Most of this credit one gets from other people is only an illusion. What you really want is for the Light to know what's up, because the fate of your soul's journey depends on that, not what other people credit you with or not.

I love your posts.

What makes me laugh is that the 'haters' have done what? Where's your school for disadvantaged girls? When did you raise $ for AIDS research? Have you sold a gazillion records? Have you tried to make this world a better place for who?

Exactly.

Madonna has been taking so much shit since the 80s because she's not worried about looking fierce! She uses her star power to stir things up in areas

Your whole post was amazing. Thanks for that! :clap:

I just wanted to highlight this ^ part. I just finished reading "Like an Icon" and it's amazing what this woman has done in past 30+ years. She has done so much and has never been ashamed of things she has done or said because there has always been a reason. She is never affraid to stand for the weak. She can be provocative and doesn't always act nice because she knows she NEEDS to wake up people. She isn't stupid. She is one of smartes woman I have ever "known".

She is truly a saint.

What makes me laugh is that the 'haters' have done what? Where's your school for disadvantaged girls? When did you raise $ for AIDS research? Have you sold a gazillion records? Have you tried to make this world a better place for who?

Exactly.

:clap: