Request Living For Love on the radio! UPDATE: time to focus on the next single

Like I said in the chart thread. The comments are mainly supportive of M. This actually makes Radio 1 look bad cause they mention other artists.

Sky news discussed this article, reviewers were in support of M but that weezle Sky reporter Stephen Dixon bashed M! What a prick! Btw he is a fan of Kylie, mentioned it ages ago. Calling M irrelevant and old and should put it away. How would he like if someone banned him if he was GAY! Ugh!

Anne Diamond and other reviewer said she still got it and should be about the music.

I'm really happy that US radio are playing the single but if the people are not buying the single at the same time then I don't think it's gonna chart well in the US. I really hope it somehow makes the top 40 in the US.

I'm really happy that US radio are playing the single but if the people are not buying the single at the same time then I don't think it's gonna chart well in the US. I really hope it somehow makes the top 40 in the US.

The more she is played the more people will hear the song. And some of them will definitely go to iTunes and buy it.

I think this song will be snowballing soon!!!! She really crafted well the presentation and so many people is impressed!

For example, my boyfriend's brother is 20 years old. Yesterday my bf went home to see his parents and my bf commented that he has discovered Madonna and loves her more each day, and the brother said "oh, they play the song so much in the radio that i downloaded it too, i like it too". And that boy almost never listens to pop music!

I hardly ever listen to the radio, the only times I will would be when I'm at the gym and I forget my headphones to listen to my own music on my phone or when I am at work so I don't know if LFL is being played on Canadian radio stations but seriously it makes me sick to my stomach that nowadays if you are over 30 you are considered too old to be making airplay on the radio. Like how can you be the judge that a younger audience won't care for a song unless you actually make the effort to play it and see how it is recieved? Rebel Heart is full of fresh sounding songs with collabaretors who make a lot of the songs that younger audiences listen to nowadays anyway, and yeah ok Madonna may not be a spring chicken but she is far from your typical next door mom in her apron baking cookies lol. Madonna gives all these little teeny bopper pop bit*hes a run for their money.

The sad thing is that they try to convince us ALL that we get too old to do certain things. You are too old at 40 to change careers, you are too old at 50 to fall in love again, you are too old at 60 to study again...

well, i'm very very proud of Madonna, but the thing that i'm more proud is that she's fighting so hard against that barrier, the hardest and most bitter barrier she has found in her whole career (and she has broken many barriers!). But she's working so hard, opening new ways. She, and other older people out there who are telling the world to fuck off.

People should decide who stays and who leaves. Not radios. If somebody past 35 is still successful and making good music and people request their songs why should they be ignored? This is called MANIPULATION of the charts.

A popstar prime has nothing to do with age but success. Cher is a good example of that. Her prime was with Believe at the age of 52. People liked her album/singles and they didn't care for her age, and nobody should. You like what you hear? This should be the only way to judge music.

And BBC Radio 1 is a state radio so is payed by tax payers. Any form of discrimination not only shouldn't be tolerated but it also should be prosecuted. It's unacceptable that democratic countries that brag about human rights are allowing this. I thought when that happened to Robbie Williams or Kylie Minogue it would start a debate about that but it looks more established than I thought. And not only in music and radio but in all aspects of life cause ageism and sexism infects our daily lives.

A popstar prime has nothing to do with age but success. Cher is a good example of that. Her prime was with Believe at the age of 52. People liked her album/singles and they didn't care for her age, and nobody should. You like what you hear? This should be the only way to judge music.

As far as I can remember though when Cher came out with Believe things in music weren't so confined as far as age goes or what was appropriate for "younger listeners".

Well, to be fair, if that happened to Take That, who are the babies of all UK mums and nobody said anything, nobody is going to comment on Madonna.

the best thing that can happen is that everybody listens to other radios.

The funny thing is that in Spain it has happened just the contrary: most important radio stations realized that youngsters never listen to radio and they have people from 30 to 45 as their target. That's why Kylie had a radio single only in Spain (Miles Away) and Madonna is played a lot. When r'n'b was so popular last decade they even released singles without featuring: Crazy in Love, California Girls or Umbrella were played without the rappers, just to appeal to that "older" audience.

Well, to be fair, if that happened to Take That, who are the babies of all UK mums and nobody said anything, nobody is going to comment on Madonna.

the best thing that can happen is that everybody listens to other radios.

The funny thing is that in Spain it has happened just the contrary: most important radio stations realized that youngsters never listen to radio and they have people from 30 to 45 as their target. That's why Kylie had a radio single only in Spain (Miles Away) and Madonna is played a lot. When r'n'b was so popular last decade they even released singles without featuring: Crazy in Love, California Girls or Umbrella were played without the rappers, just to appeal to that "older" audience.

Yeah what is interesting is I am of Greek descent and really in the know of Greek music and music trends in Greece and although I don't remember much hype when MDNA came out it was completely opposite with Hard Candy, 4 Mins, Give It 2 Me, and Miles Away had become major hits. That was also the same time when she had also done a show in Greece during the Sticky And Sweet tour.

As far as I can remember though when Cher came out with Believe things in music weren't so confined as far as age goes or what was appropriate for "younger listeners".

That's why i used it as an example. It shows perfectly that the GP can like your music no matter what your age is.

I hope BBC Radio 1 fails miserably and realizes how shit they are.

Living for love has been played every night by every dj here in Florianópolis at the largest gls party during Carnaval in Brasil. Last night took center stage with a high production... the crowd went wild and sang along to the chorus (roughly 4 thousand shirtless men...) plus 'Sorry' had a kickass remix earlier on the night...

Living for love has been played every night by every dj here in Florianópolis at the largest gls party during Carnaval in Brasil. Last night took center stage with a high production... the crowd went wild and sang along to the chorus (roughly 4 thousand shirtless men...) plus 'Sorry' had a kickass remix earlier on the night...

Not to overly fetishize any ethnicity, but wow those guys from Brazil. :flirt:

Madonna will always be Queen in Brasil! No surprise there! :)

They have been playing Living for Love here in the gay clubs in Helsinki :)

DTM? :)

My gym is playing a playlist that has LFL. I have heard it 3 times already.

In all fairness and surprising to me, gay bars are playing it. Every single gay bar I've been to this week has played living for love, bitch I'm madonna (which got a shitty reception), holiday, vogue, papa don't preach...but mainly living for love and I didn't have to request if!

In all fairness and surprising to me, gay bars are playing it. Every single gay bar I've been to this week has played living for love, bitch I'm madonna (which got a shitty reception), holiday, vogue, papa don't preach...but mainly living for love and I didn't have to request if!

Thanks for sharing good news!

Glad LFL is getting some love....

FLY the only and top gay club in the Gay Village of Toronto plays Living For Love almost every time I'm there, that and I also hear Turn Up The Radio pretty frequently

I miss that place! I thought it was closing down. Glad to hear its still going strong! I just wish Toronto radio stations would start playing "living for Love"

A drag queen performed living for love in a beautiful red glittery corset and blond wig at boots and saddles on Friday !! Looked epic.

Misty Meaner and Mocha Lite did a little bit of Devil Pray a few weeks ago.

I went to a bar in jersey and he played Bitch I'm Madonna (didn't get the reception I expected and was rather awkward to hear in a club) and then a good remix of L4L. I went crazy! Phoenix and Eastern Bloc played L4L, Hung Up, Papa, Vogue last night.

I think mainly the DJ's are older and just love M. L4L seems to be gaining some traction on Z100 IMO because of the breakdown after the chorus! It makes the song so addictive...you want to hear everything again to get to that part and than, by then, the song grows on you more and more. Even my Madonna hating friend loved it and danced last night!