Rebel Heart Reviews

markm

^ I love how they specifically use relevant in the title to direct a little STFU at haters :)

Yes. If she's irrelevant, she's the most-talked about and argued-over irrelevant artist who has ever lived.

Yes. If she's irrelevant, she's the most-talked about and argued-over irrelevant artist who has ever lived.

Right!

We've been reading essays about how irrelevant she is for 20+ years now! Lol

Why do they keep writing about someone nobody cares about?

Right!

We've been reading essays about how irrelevant she is for 20+ years now! Lol

Why do they keep writing about someone nobody cares about?

Totally, I'll never get how someone can take the time to write a comment or article about something or someone irrelevant. The irrelevant don't take up time or thoughts.

Bring it on hater!

"There’s Madonna, of course, whose beleaguered Rebel Heart campaign couldn’t be going much worse. Between the avalanche of leaked demos, herembarrassing social media presence, and the unmemorable quality of most of the songs, it’s not looking good. Even “Bitch I’m Madonna,” with its Nicki Minaj verse, possibly-Sophie PC Music shtick, and patented Diplo drop, isn’t doing it for me. We’ll see if it all makes sense when the full album drops 3/10. "

http://www.stereogum.com/1727358/the-week-in-pop-forecasting-2015s-event-albums-and-rising-stars/franchises/the-week-in-pop/

Bring it on hater!

"There’s Madonna, of course, whose beleaguered Rebel Heart campaign couldn’t be going much worse. Between the avalanche of leaked demos, herembarrassing social media presence, and the unmemorable quality of most of the songs, it’s not looking good. Even “Bitch I’m Madonna,” with its Nicki Minaj verse, possibly-Sophie PC Music shtick, and patented Diplo drop, isn’t doing it for me. We’ll see if it all makes sense when the full album drops 3/10. "

http://www.stereogum.com/1727358/the-week-in-pop-forecasting-2015s-event-albums-and-rising-stars/franchises/the-week-in-pop/

Stereogum is an indie rock site. I don't understand why they are reviewing pop music since they obviously don't understand it or appreciate it. I love a lot of indie but a lot of indie fans are really snobs when it comes to pop/dance music.

Exactly!

Right? And you're so right about indie rock fans. They only like pop music when they're dunk because it's not cool to pretend you enjoy it through your Elvis Costello glasses and gross lumberjack beard.

Stereogum is an indie rock site. I don't understand why they are reviewing pop music since they obviously don't understand it or appreciate it. I love a lot of indie but a lot of indie fans are really snobs when it comes to pop/dance music.

They have also pop section where this guy comments pop music, but it is obvious that he can't stand Madonna. Well, life goes on!

Right? And you're so right about indie rock fans. They only like pop music when they're dunk because it's not cool to pretend you enjoy it through your Elvis Costello glasses and gross lumberjack beard.

I'm weird, I guess. I like a lot of indie stuff but I also like pop music too. I hate how people are so narrow minded about music.

I love indie music and also Madonna and other pop artists. :elite:

http://www.last.fm/user/side_streets

I love indie music and also Madonna and other pop artists. :elite:

http://www.last.fm/user/side_streets

Me, too. I like indie stuff but the kind that is more melodic and has good songwriting. I don't like the kind that is too avant garde or just weird for the sake of being weird.

Me, too. I like indie stuff but the kind that is more melodic and has good songwriting. I don't like the kind that is too avant garde or just weird for the sake of being weird.

This! :)

I'm weird, I guess. I like a lot of indie stuff but I also like pop music too. I hate how people are so narrow minded about music.

I do too, actually. I don't feel any need or will to ignore a genre or type of music just because it isn't hip or cool within a social group. There's too much to enjoy. You should have varied musical tastes.

I just hate hipsters, or those kind of hipsters, anyway.

I was going to say "You're not weird." but hope you are. Weird people rule. :)

All of the reviews thusfar seem to be good, this album seems to have the best reviews since Confessions.

Music and Confessions have scores of 80 on metacritic. ROL predates metacritic. I'd like for this to be an across the board critical success. I hope reviewers like Elysa Gardner and Jim Farber review the full album. I'd prefer a critical triumph to a commercial one.

Guest Madomination

Music and Confessions have scores of 80 on metacritic. ROL predates metacritic. I'd like for this to be an across the board critical success. I hope reviewers like Elysa Gardner and Jim Farber review the full album. I'd prefer a critical triumph to a commercial one.

Again, Music is sooooo overrated. :(:tongue:

If she could score in the range of 85-87 on Metacriric, that would be fantastic for her.

I don't think it will get such high scores unfortunately. People love to hate M now more than during the Music years, it seems. I predict a Metacritic score of 70.

People forget that Music received pretty much the same level of acclaim that ROL did. It was even voted top 20 albums of the year by Spin and Rolling Stone. I just have this feeling that RH is going to return her to that level of critical acclaim. ROL and Music eras she was a critics' darling.

I read at least several reviews from major publications for both ROL and Music after they were released. For the most part, ROL did shine through with noticeable amazing reviews. Music received a high number of very good reviews, but slightly fell short of reaching the heights of ROL love.