Rebel Heart Reviews

markm

http://attitude.co.uk/attitude-reviews-madonnas-rebel-heart/

There are a few too many mid-tempo ballads :huh: , like Hold Tight (not Ryan Tedder’s finest offering), Wash All Over Me and Messiah, the best of which are probably Ghosttownand the beautiful Joan of Arc – a fresh sounding pop guitar tune treading new territory for her, and which could carry serious currency as a single.

Other Kanye assisted-numbers like Holy Water and S.E.X. are (dare I say) a little reductive :huh: . S.E.X. is Nicki Minaj-worthy, but it should be beneath Madonna in 2015. Inviting a lover to taste her ‘heaven’s door’ on Holy Water, she settles on a hook that – despite distortion – is clearly claiming “Yeezus loves my pussy best”. That’ll be news to Kim.

Clearly more comfortable with looking back these days, on much of the album, the Queen of Pop is surprisingly self-referential (SHE'S SELF REFERENTIAL SINCE FOREVER....); from the sample of Vogue onHoly Water and Justify My Love on Best Night, to the blast of Holiday chords on Veni Vidi Vici – a song which, like the title track, reflects on how she overcame adversity to achieve her destined fame. Everyone has their own opinion of what Madonna should do next, meaning inevitably not everyone will be content with this delivery. Regadless, it does sound like she is attempting to tick too many boxes . There are moments where she’s absolutely owning a strong, middle-of-the-road, ‘age appropriate’ style of music that could see her lauded by music critics and the general public :spankmonkey: ; there are modern, relevant tracks like Living For Love that deserve mainstream radio play; and then there are moments where she drags the tone down with a song like S.E.X. –harking back to a dated need to shock that so easily allows her good work to be overlooked.

In a sense STFU!!!!!

Why the fuck are professional reviews nowadays so poorly written? Do they hire high school interns to do all that crap? The Sun review was stupidly juvenile and this attitude article isn't any better. Did someone from MTribe write it ? Because it definitely sounds like it. And why do these "writers" use "I" all the time in reviews? It's about the MUSIC not about YOU honey,

"There are moments where she’s absolutely owning a strong, middle-of-the-road, ‘age appropriate’ style of music that could see her lauded by music critics and the general public"

tumblr_inline_n39uu2WmxG1sa0fgf.gif

I need this bitch to record a 40-track album next time with BIM/Holy Water/SEX typed of songs smashing all over their face and score 0.5/5 for all reviews

tumblr_inline_n39uu2WmxG1sa0fgf.gif

:lmao: IKR

Guest Pud Whacker

Hmmm. Songs on deluxe editions are generally viewed as 'bonus tracks'...songs that are not up to par with the standard album. For example, it would've been unfair if critics took into account Fighting Spirit in their review of COAD - it's a good song but definitely not as great as the actual album.

However in this case, all 19 tracks of RB should be reviewed cause they'll be missing out on songs like Best Night and Messiah (which critics would love as they expect Madge to be making songs like this now). So I'm confused why Q didn't really like the album as there's more to like than dislike when reviewing 19 tracks.

I had to look up the Q magazine review because everyone's talking about it. I agree with it. They loved the album except for her useless juvenile ones that I'm still baffled about. BIM, UB, HW and SEX. All those songs are unclicked on my iTunes.

Bitch, we know you're madonna. Quit talking about it and get on with it.

Holy Water and Unupologetic Bitch are good songs, but yeah SEX and BIM are disgrace. I don't mind little bit of fun, but make it interesting. I m deffinately fan of Holy Water :)

Guest HaveASit

her useless juvenile ones that I'm still baffled about. BIM, UB, HW and SEX. All those songs are unclicked on my iTunes.

oh fuck off and go whack ur self!...please :laugh:

Guest Pud Whacker

Holy Water and Unupologetic Bitch are good songs, but yeah SEX and BIM are disgrace. I don't mind little bit of fun, but make it interesting. I m deffinately fan of Holy Water :)

Of course, because they're madonna songs, I've warmed to all of them, which I initially didn't like.

However, I'm still wondering whose idea it was to have them on the final track listing? :rotfl:

I think it would have been one of her tightest albums if she shaved those off.

She's always had an editing problem.

I think she should have followed her idea to make it a double side album or two albums because it works better when songs with the same theme are played together back to back. So i made 2 albums :

HEART : a more "ray of light" album

heart.jpg

And REBEL : A more fun & urban album

rebel.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker

I think she should have followed her idea to make it a double side album or two albums because it works better when songs with the same theme are played together back to back. So i made 2 albums :

heart.jpg

rebel.jpg

I love it!!! I love the way you lined them

up! Tragic Girl and Alone With You! Can't believe they were scraped for the Bitch songs!!! :lol:

You would think with the three different editions, one would look like that!!! Great job. I love The Heart! :thumbsup:

Of course, because they're madonna songs, I've warmed to all of them, which I initially didn't like.

However, I'm still wondering whose idea it was to have them on the final track listing? :rotfl:

I think it would have been one of her tightest albums if she shaved those off.

She's always had an editing problem.

You know the answer..

BIM is Lolas fav track.

Rocco loves all the Diblo songs.

Mercy loves SEX? maybe not.

Guest Pud Whacker

You know the answer..

BIM is Lolas fav track.

Rocco loves all the Diblo songs.

Mercy loves SEX? maybe not.

:lol:

Sex is the one stink bomb that has totally grown on me. But really, if it were removed, you would not hear me complain.

i have to agree with pud. imagine if bitch I'm madonna, unapologetic bitch, s.e.x, holy water were not on the tracklist.. we'd get a very cohesive album and glowing reviews instead of jerks whining about the bitch tracks. would've been better if she just released an EP with the diplo & fun songs. i know, i know. it's part of the rebel madonna but sometimes it's nice to just see more love for her than the same whining again.

heart.jpg

rebel.jpg

God is Love and Freedom?

Guest Pud Whacker

although I do love her s.e.x rap with the grillz. there's something so cool and edgy about it

Yes me too. Giving us some Carol Channing lisp!!!

i have to agree with pud. imagine if bitch I'm madonna, unapologetic bitch, s.e.x, holy water were not on the tracklist.. we'd get a very cohesive album and glowing reviews instead of jerks whining about the bitch tracks. would've been better if she just released an EP with the diplo & fun songs.

I agree with you. Or else the more sexual/bitch/Diplo songs could have been on a super deluxe version only, not the standard one (i. e. not the version that would be reviewed).

yeah. not to censor madonna of course, she can do whatever she wants and I love her for it, but just try to picture it.. the glowing praise of Music, ROL, and Confessions would be back. even with living for love not charting well because of the leak, it wouldn't matter because word of mouth would do the job and sell the album

Guest Pud Whacker

yeah. not to censor madonna of course, she can do whatever she wants and I love her for it, but just try to picture it.. the glowing praise of Music, ROL, and Confessions would be back. even with living for love not charting well because of the leak, it wouldn't matter because word of mouth would do the job and sell the album

Absolutely.

And yes Dickens. Those would be great on the super deluxe.

God is Love and Freedom?

I love them, in fact i love all the tracks except Score (and i don't hate like i hate GGW for example). I made the selection for Rebel with songs that touch controversial subjects Madonna has been known and punished for : Sex, religion and her political views that's why it starts with rebel heart. Heart are songs about love : heartbreak and overcoming it that's why it starts with Living for love. It could have ended with it after her journey through heartaches but hope is good to start with :)

I definitely think like Pud that instead of the 3 useless editions they did, they should have gone with two distincts albums and one with a selection from both. My two cents.

I had to look up the Q magazine review because everyone's talking about it. I agree with it. They loved the album except for her useless juvenile ones that I'm still baffled about. BIM, UB, HW and SEX. All those songs are unclicked on my iTunes.

I'm afraid I agree with you. Except for UB, I can live with that. But the rest, I tried to like them but just can't. Plus I think the inclusion of these songs trivializes the depth of the songwriting of the rest of the album. But overall of course, this is still a stellar piece of work.