Rebel Heart Reviews

markm

Holy Water is a sonic roller coaster :)

Maybe that's why I don't like this song. I don't like roller coasters. But it's the lyrics that almost made me throw up.

3/5 is a good review. As I recall, most of these magazines never or rarely give a 5 star review. They give usually 3 or 4 to albums they like and 1 or 2 to ones they don't.

^ I agree.

I don't recall the British reviews coming out before the American ones for MDNA. We still have The Guardian and NME for big British reviews to come.

I'm still hoping for a couple of five stars, but the plus side of this is that I don't think she's going to get any really BAD reviews. A lot of average to good maybe.

Thank you guys for these reviews! Keep them comming :) Though it would be really really nice if the OP would have a summary of all or list of so far reviews with the scores at least (and a link?). That would be helpful :)

One more thing in light of that lukewarm Attitude review. Didn't they just tweet a few weeks ago that they had heard the album and it was "a work of art," then gushed that "she is back, not that she ever left??" Or was that another publication?

Ladies and gentlemen, the original monsters...Madonna fans.

Why can't madonna fans hear a clear critique?!!!

Because the likes of Mojo give 5 stars for virtually every rock or indie album whether it's shit or not, especially if it's a white male playing a guitar. It wouldn't kill them to give her 5 star just once in her 30 year career.

Because the likes of Mojo give 5 stars for virtually every rock or indie album whether it's shit or not, especially if it's a white male playing a guitar. It wouldn't kill them to give her 5 star just once in her 30 year career.

I like indie and rock, but why are all these British magazines geared towards that one genre? They all seem to have the same focus. Who wants to buy magazines that are all the same in their slant? I remember seeing Uncut and Mojo last month and they both had David Bowie on the cover. I like David, but let's have some variety. There are other genres of music besides rock/indie that are popular.

Guest Pud Whacker

well you just answered it. shes not a white male with a guitar.

this could be good, HEY YOU!!!!

3/5 would make it on par with Hard Candy/MDNA reviews, and I think it at least deserves better than those two.

Damn, she really should've put BIM, and at least one of Holy Water/SEX as the bonus tracks. I can at least understand why reviewers who do not like them lower the score of the review, since they make up so much of the standard edition of the album.

3/5 would make it on par with Hard Candy/MDNA reviews, and I think it at least deserves better than those two.

Damn, she really should've put BIM, and at least one of Holy Water/SEX as the bonus tracks. I can at least understand why reviewers who do not like them lower the score of the review, since they make up so much of the standard edition of the album.

WTF? Why would she record those songs if "critical acclaim" was on her mind? Saying that M should've done otherwise just to please the critics is RETARDED.

Who gives a fuck about reviews?! At the end of the day it is just the opinion of one person regardless if it is written for a magazine or not. What makes me sad is the amount of fans that still don't understand what Madonna is trying to convey with this album. Rebel/Heart is the best of both worlds to me.

WTF? Why would she record those songs if "critical acclaim" was on her mind? Saying that M should've done otherwise just to please the critics is RETARDED.

It is RETARDED to leave some of the strongest songs, IMO, like Borrowed Time, Beautiful Scars, and even the title track, I think, as bonus tracks.

I actually like HW and SEX. But she really needs to strong reviews to help promote the album this time. Of course, they couldn't have known at the time that radio would completely abandon her this time.

OR -- they could have simply released all the songs on ONE album. ONE edition. I was excited initially, thinking, wow, they are really giving fans an incentive to buy the album this time, with all the songs.

Now I realize, they are trying to get fans to buy multiple editions, most likely.

It is RETARDED to leave some of the strongest songs, IMO, like Borrowed Time, Beautiful Scars, and even the title track, I think, as bonus tracks.

I actually like HW and SEX. But she really needs to strong reviews to help promote the album this time. Of course, they couldn't have known at the time that radio would completely abandon her this time.

OR -- they could have simply released all the songs on ONE album. ONE edition. I was excited initially, thinking, wow, they are really giving fans an incentive to buy the album this time, with all the songs.

Now I realize, they are trying to get fans to buy multiple editions, most likely.

How does nobody realize - that even though the Standard edition is called that, it really isn't the standard? The 19 track version is the album. The "standard" version is a truncated version that's an ill-advised attempt to gain more sales.

There's a reason the 19 track version was always the first advertised.

Who gives a fuck about reviews?! At the end of the day it is just the opinion of one person regardless if it is written for a magazine or not. What makes me sad is the amount of fans that still don't understand what Madonna is trying to convey with this album. Rebel/Heart is the best of both worlds to me.

I love this album, that's why I am concerned. If I didn't, I simply would not care.

Wow, so many people on this thread worried about how some songs should not be a part of Rebel Heart just because of review scores. It seems Madonna doesn't care, she had a huge number of tracks to sell an album without the bitch and the sex songs.

It's like I'm suddenly in a Mariah's forum...

People are way too conservative, narrow-minded and hipocrate. I'm glad Madonna stays true to some fundamental values while always evolving.

I don't understand the hate for Unapologetic Bitch?? It's such a catchy song that is so fun to sing along to! Also don't get why it's considered one of the 'rebel' songs? Is it because it has 'bitch' and 'fuck you' in the lyrics, or because is reggae sounding? I've always thought of it as one of the 'heart' songs since at the end of the day it's a breakup song.

Wow, so many people on this thread worried about how some songs should not be a part of Rebel Heart just because of review scores. It seems Madonna doesn't care, she had a huge number of tracks to sell an album without the bitch and the sex songs.

It's like I'm suddenly in a Mariah's forum...

People are way too conservative, narrow-minded and hipocrate. I'm glad Madonna stays true to some fundamental values while always evolving.

Yes! A Madonna that keeps songs she likes off her album because she's scared of offending someone or getting a bad review is no Madonna at all! :)

After reading this thread I wonder if some of you have ever heard of this Madonna chick....lol. In what era did Madonna ever give enough of a fuck to make artistic decisions based on what a critic may say about it??

At the end of the day it is just the opinion of one person regardless if it is written for a magazine or not.

Yeah, I try to remind myself that American Life got one of the worst reviews (in her career) and it's still my all time favorite album.

And I already agree with all the reviews: this is her strongest effort since COADF. And that means absolutely everything to me (sorry HC and MDNA lovers).

Can't wait to hear rest of the album!!!

Yes! A Madonna that keeps songs she likes off her album because she's scared of offending someone or getting a bad review is no Madonna at all! :)

After reading this thread I wonder if some of you have ever heard of this Madonna chick....lol. In what era did Madonna ever give enough of a fuck to make artistic decisions based on what a critic may say about it??

No, I want them on there. I just really wish she would have added Beautiful Scars and Borrowed Time, it would make the standard edition even stronger.

I would rather just have one edition in the future, but this way at least we get lots and lots of songs. And I like them ALL, so I shouldn't complain.