Rebel Heart Reviews

markm

Uncut also gave 3 stars and Mojo 6/10

This is most likely not true. When things like this are just randomly stated with no link or source provided, I would be skeptical.

ok there must be some kind of boycott cuz thats INSANE

I very much doubt these statements about the Mojo and Uncut reviews. The person who reported them has hardly any posts and just shows up to announce bad news without providing sources? It's no different than the one who showed up in the airplay thread with a first post of "wouldn't you guys say the song is bombing?" I'm actually not even certain I believe the claim about the Q review. We'll see!

cowboy, on 22 Feb 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Uncut also gave 3 stars and Mojo 6/10

This is most likely not true. When things like this are just randomly stated with no link or source provided, I would be skeptical

I read them from the magazines, in a shop.

I very much doubt these statements about the Mojo and Uncut reviews. The person who reported them has hardly any posts and just shows up to announce bad news without providing sources? It's no different than the one who showed up in the airplay thread with a first post of "wouldn't you guys say the song is bombing?" I'm actually not even certain I believe the claim about the Q review. We'll see!

But why would someone just post fake review ratings though lol?

I was in the store, saw that Q, Uncut and Mojo were out. I like Madonna, read the reviews and posted here, as this thread is called Rebel Heart reviews.

That is all.

I believe you though. They wouldn't doubt you if the ratings were more positive lol

People just need to calm down and expect the worst regarding the album reviews. She is making a long album with some of her craziest lyrics to date and critics HATE these kinds of stuff. I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen any negative reviews yet. American Life was critically panned but that didn't stop me from ranking it one of her best records.

Those reviews would be online already? Isn't the latest Mojo issue a Madonna cover?? Is there a review in there that I missed??

The April issue of Mojo with Led Zeppelin on the cover goes on sale Tuesday February 24 in the UK. This is the one that will feature the Madonna review. Most US retailers have yet to get the March issue with Madonna on cover.

The April issue of Mojo with Led Zeppelin on the cover goes on sale Tuesday February 24 in the UK. This is the one that will feature the Madonna review. Most US retailers have yet to get the March issue with Madonna on cover.

so then the mojo review can't be right because its not in stores yet?

i won't accept any mediocre reviews for this AMAZING album. i just don't.

Some stores could have put it out on the shelf early....

Who cares what the snooty critics say anyway! American Life got many bad reviews, yet it remains in my Top 2 favourite Madonna albums!!

I suppose it's possible that the member who reported this could have been in a shop that puts out magazines a few days early. Maybe he or she could tell us more about what the review said rather than simply reporting the score :)

Oh well, we'll know soon enough.

I forgot how the Q review of MDNA went so I looked it up. I'm sure they commented on Rebel Heart being "too urban". Oh and Rolling Stone already used the term "The Chemical Mother" in their Ray Of Light review in 1998.

12-04-01-madonna-mdna-q-magazine-review.

Yes, this was one of several good reviews that MDNA received!

Why do you all care about some random journos ratings and their appalling taste?? :dazed:

Erotica and American Life got some bad/mediocre reviews...so what..they are still among her best albums.

Here's the Digital Spy review of Living For Love to make you feel better...

Madonna: 'Living For Love'

madonna-rebel-heart-artwork.jpg

Oh, break-up songs. The stuff that sympathetically patters around in the background as you shamelessly succumb to the stereotypical routine of too much alcohol, bad (delicious) food and mortifying drunk dials. Except for Madge, who's having none of your wallowing thank you very much. "Took me to heaven and let me fall down/ Now that it's over I'm gonna carry on" she sings over throbbing percussion and a rousing melody eagerly nudged along by elated synths and Diplo's soaring production. We knew there was a reason for all the hype...

star4.png

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/feature/a630459/this-weeks-new-singles-reviewed-madonna-george-ezra-nick-jonas.html#ixzz3SSsycHn8
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Why on earth would I make it up, these magazines were on the shelf, you will soon see for yourself. The Mojo review was very small, barely gave it any space. The other two were longer but I only really looked at the end score, saw they weren't great and decided not to read in full.

Why on earth would I make it up, these magazines were on the shelf, you will soon see for yourself. The Mojo review was very small, barely gave it any space. The other two were longer but I only really looked at the end score, saw they weren't great and decided not to read in full.

People think you made it up simply because they don't want to accept the mediocre ratings :newspaper: