Rebel Heart Reviews

markm

Posted on Popjustice

3 stars out of 5 in the latest Q with a review by Dorian Lynsky. It basically says the Heart songs work really well, but the Rebel songs are hit and miss. Calls "S.E.X" silly and says there should be an inquiry into "Bitch I'm Madonna".

Only a score of 60 from Q? That's quite disappointing. Does anyone know the Q scores for her previous albums?

Only a score of 60 from Q? That's quite disappointing. Does anyone know the Q scores for her previous albums?

MDNA received four stars and a glowing review from Simon Goddard in Q. He called it her best since ROL.

Guest Pud Whacker

Am I the only one thinking that is still too early for reviews?

well, back in the day Rolling Stone would have the review a fortnight before the albums release.

so yes.

:rotfl:

I think y'all need to get prepared for RH's reviews because the critics who usually take everything seriously are going to drag the REBEL songs hardcore :popcorn2:

Some critics don't know what they want. I remember when American Life came out they said she was being too "preachy" and taking herself too seriously and what happened to fun Madonna?

I have only heard 4 songs off of RH - but I don't understand the dislike you guys have for MDNA. I thought (and still do think) that MDNA is the bomb. Its in my top3 madge albums ever!

I have only heard 4 songs off of RH - but I don't understand the dislike you guys have for MDNA. I thought (and still do think) that MDNA is the bomb. Its in my top3 madge albums ever!

MDNA is good album, but Rebel Heart is better. You'll see. :)

Havkn a great review like that in the Sun is all good, it's the most read paper and was refreshing to read one not focusing on other things just the music

Wow! What are your top three Madonna songs then? Jimmy Jimmy, B-Day Song and It's So Cool?

I think y'all need to get prepared for RH's reviews because the critics who usually take everything seriously are going to drag the REBEL songs hardcore :popcorn2:

Some probably will; I just hope the quality of the songs makes most of them overcome their biases. Obviously it's Madonna and pretty much everyone already has a fixed opinion about her, but what does that say about music critics that they care more about judging the person rather than the music? This is why I hesitate to read reviews sometimes.

Still, MDNA had some great reviews so I don't see why RH should be different, especially since I personally find it superior to MDNA, both stylistically and lyrically. I guess we'll wait and see.

Some critics don't know what they want. I remember when American Life came out they said she was being too "preachy" and taking herself too seriously and what happened to fun Madonna?

Ha, now people are saying the opposite. They'll find any excuse to pick on Madonna, simply because she's Madonna. Ridiculous.

Wow! What are your top three Madonna songs then? Jimmy Jimmy, B-Day Song and It's So Cool?

I can't speak for Jimmy or Cool, but I adore B-Day Song, it's more of the Hanky Panky than the Jimmy Jimmy school