Rebel Heart Reviews

markm

Guys, do you think this wave of bad press could affect the critical reception of Rebel Heart?

I dunno. I would hope critics would be able to judge the music on its merits, but it seems impossible for so many nowadays to separate her life from her work.

Madonna Strikes Back: Inside Her Star-Packed New Album 'Rebel Heart' After a devastating leak, the Queen takes back control of her 2015 LP

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/madonna-strikes-back-inside-her-star-packed-new-album-rebel-heart-20150114#ixzz3OoWStr8v

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/songreviews/madonna-unapologetic-bitch-20150114#ixzz3OpC8FXue

"Unapologetic Bitch"

Bitch, she's Madonna. The queen of queens has given a taste of her upcoming album, Rebel Heart, with a few songs dropped in advance after an early leak of unfinished versions. And the girl's in a feisty mood these days – Madonna writing herself a theme song called "Unapologetic Bitch" is like Springsteen doing one called "Jersey Guy Who Sweats a Lot." These new songs range from the Nicki Minaj collabo "Bitch I'm Madonna" to the gospel-house pieties of "Living for Love" to the Yeezus-style industrial Kanye grind "Illuminati." But "Unapologetic Bitch" is the standout: a breakup rant over a Diplo-produced dancehall groove, with Madonna shooting a few poison arrows into the heart of some dude who's done her wrong.

Hmm, if they gave 3,5/5 for the "standout track", this is not a good sign

Nah, I've seen them give 3/3.5 single ratings and then would give the album 4-5 star ratings

Look at the GMAYL single review, claiming it was one of the worst song she's ever done, then they gave MDNA 3.5 star review, which isn't bad.

Mark my words, this is going to get amazing reviews. General media loves to hate on Madonna, but music critics generally give her props. Even HC and MDNA got many good reviews and have average metacritic scores of 65 and 64. I see ROL/Music/COADF reviews coming for Rebel Heart.

Guest HaveASit

Nah, I've seen them give 3/3.5 single ratings and then would give the album 4-5 star ratings

Look at the GMAYL single review, claiming it was one of the worst song she's ever done, then they gave MDNA 3.5 star review, which isn't bad.

Yeah, true. I just find weird they call Unapologetic Bitch the standout track, since most of the other critics are picking Devil Pray and Ghosttown. Maybe the meaning of standout here is not "the best one", but just the most diverse.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/songreviews/madonna-unapologetic-bitch-20150114#ixzz3OpC8FXue

"Unapologetic Bitch"

Bitch, she's Madonna. The queen of queens has given a taste of her upcoming album, Rebel Heart, with a few songs dropped in advance after an early leak of unfinished versions. And the girl's in a feisty mood these days Madonna writing herself a theme song called "Unapologetic Bitch" is like Springsteen doing one called "Jersey Guy Who Sweats a Lot." These new songs range from the Nicki Minaj collabo "Bitch I'm Madonna" to the gospel-house pieties of "Living for Love" to the Yeezus-style industrial Kanye grind "Illuminati." But "Unapologetic Bitch" is the standout: a breakup rant over a Diplo-produced dancehall groove, with Madonna shooting a few poison arrows into the heart of some dude who's done her wrong.

Perfect.

Yeah, true. I just find weird they call Unapologetic Bitch the standout track, since most of the other critics are picking Devil Pray and Ghosttown. Maybe the meaning of standout here is not "the best one", but just the most diverse.

What's so weird about it? I can see why people love Devil Pray or Ghosttown (I do, too) but my personal favorite remains UB, hence it is a real standout IMO. I'm not surprised that I'm not completely alone with this opinion.

I love Ghosttown and Devil Pray and I love UB since the beginning... Too many great songs out of the six. The only one I m not crazy about is Bitch I m Madonna...

well, this is the only REBEL HEART thread i can find but... WOW! The CD Super Deluxe needs to be the one containing more than 19 songs... CD Super Deluxe needs to be a Double-CD

from madonnaunderground:
If things go as planned there will be three different CD releases for Rebel Heart in Holland
-Standard
-CD Deluxe
-CD Super Deluxe

well, this is the only REBEL HEART thread i can find but... WOW! The CD Super Deluxe needs to be the one containing more than 19 songs... CD Super Deluxe needs to be a Double-CD

from madonnaunderground:

If things go as planned there will be three different CD releases for Rebel Heart in Holland

-Standard

-CD Deluxe

-CD Super Deluxe

OMG SUPER DELUXE??!!

from madonnaunderground:

-Standard

-CD Deluxe

-CD Super Deluxe

Standard = 19 tracks

CD Deluxe = 19 tracks + 2 bonus songs + 1 remix

CD Super Deluxe = same as CD Deluxe, includes one poster

Madonna-Smile.gif

Standard = 19 tracks

CD Deluxe = 19 tracks + 2 bonus songs + 1 remix

CD Super Deluxe = same as CD Deluxe, includes one poster

it might be more like:

Standard = 16 tracks

CD Deluxe = 19 tracks

CD Super Deluxe = more than 19 tracks or can be a double-CD like the original plan...

but wouldn't that make the sales counted separate? If so, no double-CD please...

but isn't it harder to go #1 smaller with all those versions?

Standard and Deluxe 1-CD are usually counted as the same

I just don't know about 1CD and 2CD though, can't remember how CELEBRATION 1CD and 2CD charted...

it might be more like:

Standard = 16 tracks

CD Deluxe = 19 tracks

CD Super Deluxe = more than 19 tracks or can be a double-CD like the original plan...

but wouldn't that make the sales counted separate? If so, no double-CD please...

No I think it still counts, isn't that why the music industry started repackaging albums with a second disc of new songs? To get more sales for the original album? e.g. L**y G**a Fame Monster, Ke$ha Cannibal?