LIVING FOR LOVE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

I think the Diblo version is some sort of butchered radio edit, I mean the demo is 1 minute longer..

I thought the same thing, but would they release a radio edit with the pre-order? I suspect when they decided to release it as the first single they just shortened it. Both versions have their virtues.

This song is amazing in everyway for me . It's just THE Madonna's single I have been waiting for . I'd been reading on other forum ( don't worry I rinsed my eyeballs with Dettol afterwards ) that fans were saying that it's so generic and GMAYL was so much better

cos it was MORE FUN !

I assume that they are all deaf .

My favorite part and the voice in this part :inlove:

I could get caught up in bitterness
But I'm not dwelling on this crazy mess
I found freedom in the ugly truth
I deserve the best and it's not you
You've broken my heart, but you can't bring it down
That have fallen apart, what was lost, now I'm found
I picked up my crown, put it back on my head
I can forgive, but I will never forget

It's my favorite lead single since "Music." Even though I firmly believe radio is ageist and won't play it, I will say this. If her label buys time for one play per hour the first day like they did for GMAYL, I can see the public living it and possibly requesting it in the days after.

The "up up up up" is the highlight of the track. I'd like more of them and looking forward to the mixes. Great that Capitol have added in, not sure if R1 will play it, R2 should play it though.

If Capital are playing it once every few hours, there's no reason why Radio 1 can't at least add it to their C-list. Capital didn't play anything from MDNA so if they can ignore age and play it, Radio 1 should too.

from billboard interview

I want to talk about the album’s first single, "Living For Love," specifically. We had Diplo on the cover of Billboard a few months ago. He was saying that (the song) had 20 different incarnations. Was he exaggerating by saying 20, or is that true?
Uhm… (long pause). Twenty might a little too high. But definitely more than 10. A lot of different versions. We knew we wanted to make a dance record. But you know, there's so many different levels of dance music and even different categories of house music. So, it was really like, what's the bass line gonna sound like? Is it gonna be really stripped down and sparse, or is it going to be loaded up? Is it gonna be Chicago house? Is it gonna be U.K. house? It's like, all over the place. Is it gonna be a little bit of one vocal line? Is it gonna be a whole choir singing? So we were experimenting and trying out different things. They all sounded good, but at the end of the day, we wanted it to sound timeless, also. Not just something of the moment.

Is that MNEK on the track as well?
The thing is, we did do a version where MNEK is singing. The original song, when we first started writing it, was with a singer that Diplo works with all the time…who sounds like MNEK. So, there will be remixes with MNEK's voice on it, but this particular one that's out right now (does not have MNEK). And then there's a female singer whose name is Annie, is from the U.K. as well, who sings with the (London Community Gospel Choir), and she also lended her voice to the record. And by the way, I'm a huge fan of MNEK.

I thought it Alicia Keys was singing on the song with you. But I was wrong, it's not Alicia Keys.
Oh no, Alicia Keys isn't singing on it, she's playing piano on it.

Oh! Okay. Geez, good grief. It's so hard to keep track.
I know! (Laughs.) Alicia plays the piano, and then the female voice is Annie… there are versions of "Living For Love" that MNEK is singing on, and those will be coming out, but just not yet.

It has that right balance of soul music meeting house music. It's the right blend of the two, where you were able find the right balance, where it doesn't sound jarring. It actually sounds like it's meant to go together.
It's kind of like the old me and the new me all mixed in together.

It's all you! It's all versions of you.
Yeah, exactly. Yeah!

I listened it on the loop while working out at the gym for 2 hours yesterday. It's such an uplifting song and that party UP UP UP still gives me goosebumps !