LIVING FOR LOVE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

Guest MadonnaBeLove

I'm new to the forum. Have been a Madonna fan since her first single. Started collecting her remixes at 12 years old (now 36) I played the tracks from Rebel Heart for my Mom this morning. My mom isn't really a "fan" but she knows of Madonna because of me (even though she doen't "get" my obsession with collecting her music) LOL Anyway, Mom usually gravitates toward her most "accessible" tracks - so from a non-fan perspective she really loved "Living For Love & Ghosttown" I love both as well as "unapologetic Bitch" :) Living For Love is SO fresh and yet still remines me of old-school house mixes from 1996. I think it is just brilliant!

I'm new to the forum. Have been a Madonna fan since her first single. Started collecting her remixes at 12 years old (now 36) I played the tracks from Rebel Heart for my Mom this morning. My mom isn't really a "fan" but she knows of Madonna because of me (even though she doen't "get" my obsession with collecting her music) LOL Anyway, Mom usually gravitates toward her most "accessible" tracks - so from a non-fan perspective she really loved "Living For Love & Ghosttown" I love both as well as "unapologetic Bitch" :) Living For Love is SO fresh and yet still remines me of old-school house mixes from 1996. I think it is just brilliant!

welcome! i really like the piano in LFL

I've been DYING and getting RESURRECTED all DAY....

:lmao:

:welcome:

haay.gif

Welcome! You have good taste :)

So wait, that's Alicia singing back up? I just assumed it was Nikki Richards or something. If so, they need to throw a "featuring Alicia Keys" on it.

I don't think it's her. It sounds like the same girl from the demo.

Guest eroticerotic

This is such a great song. It's bittersweet, it's inspiring, it's jubilant, it's gospel, it's 90s. It's a perfect segway to Vogue, Holiday, Rescue Me, and Like A Prayer on Tour. I wouldn't be surprised if those 4 plus LFL are the closing segment of her next tour!

I still hope this will get properly mastered once the album sequencing is set. Asides from the scratchy verses this is a pretty flawless anthem.

I can here over-mastering, like what happened with "Voices" & "Revolver." I also hope that's fixed at some point.

It's growing on me slightly. My equalizer in Spotify must be configured differently because her voice is a bit softer than in iTunes.

I am so glad everyone is loving it though and it seems to be getting good reviews. I'm sure with some live performances and the video it will grow on me more.

I can already see it as the finale of the next tour.

Did they cut the "Lord, Lord lift me, Lord forgive me" part toward the end? :ohmy:

I think the Diblo version is some sort of butchered radio edit, I mean the demo is 1 minute longer..

Love the song both in its demo and its the final mix. I'm sure we will get several mixes #soon anyway for those who aren't that much into it.