LIVING FOR LOVE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

Maybe she wants more exposure so the song willl chart? Radio Add (clear channel deal?) video release, Grammy, all at the same time and ITunes.

She does. There was no plan for a december release until the debacle of the leaks...

But I think it can potentially work in her favor cause every time the djs play it, it grows on them a little bit more. So they, will be stanning for it come the Grammys/music video and remixes and by then the world will catch on and start requesting it more and more...that's my hope anyway.

Wasn't the single cover the one with Madonna on bed and those red lips, channeling TOD???

I love this single so much! I can't wait to see the video, to watch a performance, to hear some remixes, even unofficial ones (aren't these the best, hahaha). I really love this era and it hasn't begun!

Sadly, I use to like more the unofficial ones. Most of remixes don't do anything to me and i don't play them. I buy the cd single and the vinyl, play them a couple of times and forget them. But other unofficial mixes stay forever in my heart!!!!

Like this one

Really liked it at first, but I cannot stop listening to it now. It's such a grower and an amazing song. I hope the music video, potential Grammy performance, and the fact that it'll be around Valentine's Day really helps push the song and gives it as much exposure as it deserves.

Honestly, at this point getting airplay in the U.S. for LFL is going to be like trying to get airplay for GI2M or Sorry. It's not a new song anymore.

Really? I don't think people have listened to it yet...honestly I think this has a strong chance of getting AirPlay abd generating interest when radio picks it up. It's a grower so this slow pick up is good.

This is what I'm hoping for too. I mean, the songs were released just around Christmas, and I'm sure a lot of people didn't even notice, especially since radio wasn't exactly playing it that much. I won't get my hopes up but I believe it can potentially break the top 20.

^ Well, yeah, most people haven't heard it, but as a radio programmer the only real appeal to adding a new Madonna song is that it's brand new and there's curiosity because she's a legend. That's part of the reason she hasn't had a hit second single since DTM, no matter how great or radio-friendly the song is. But this song's been on YouTube and Spotify for weeks - months if the add date is February 10th. And most radio programmers will know that. Maybe it won't matter, but it definitely doesn't help the situation. Not to mention radio was already serviced in December, so they know it's been around since then.

Ah, well that sucks then. What about how billboard now counts video streams though? She hasn't been around for that before with a single release, and with a killer video and Grammy performance I'm sure the video counts could rack up and potentially move her up the charts.

I honestly think we are at that point where Madonna is just not going to get significant airplay on US radio no matter how great the song is. I'm not saying that because it's not being played now, I'm basing that on other singles within the past 10 yrs that on paper sound like hit songs but they just won't give her the time of day. I truly think all six songs she's released so far (barring Illuminati.....which I do love) in another place and time would be hit songs. It's a shame something as simple as playing a fucking song on the radio has to be so political and thought out. RH went to number one on pre-orders in 40+ countries including US and she had like half the top ten songs occupied for a moment there. Clearly those things are indicative of SOME sort of interest from the general public. Why not give a song a try and see the response?? Seems so simple to me but they make it so complicated.

As much as I love the song, I still can't get over the weak editing.

The "You've broken my heart, but you can't bring it down

That have fallen apart, what was lost, now I'm found" part is so obviously copy and pasted there after listening to the demo (which misses these lines, so I guess they were added at a later stage.) At these two lines there is a different effect on her vocals and the volume is lower compared to other lines. From the "I picked up my crown" line they somehow missed out the "I". I'm still hoping for a more polished version, because the song lacks something I cannot put my finger on. Maybe a bit more synths during the breaks.

That have fallen apart, what was lost, now I'm found" part is so obviously copy and pasted there after listening to the demo (which misses these lines, so I guess they were added at a later stage.) At these two lines there is a different effect on her vocals and the volume is lower compared to other lines. From the "I picked up my crown" line they somehow missed out the "I". I'm still hoping for a more polished version, because the song lacks something I cannot put my finger on. Maybe a bit more synths during the breaks.

I agree with this. As much I love the song, the quick mix its so obvious.

Talk about nitpicking. It reminds me of people saying MDNA sucked because they didn't like the mixing. What the fuck? A good song is a good song, it doesn't matter if it was recorded in a bathroom or the most expensive recording studio. :lmao:

It's like when people say "I hated this movie because the sound engeneering suck. :lmao:

I don't think I'm talking nonsense. I would gladly ignore the editing mistakes as you do, but I hear it and it bothers me. I can't help it. It doesn't mean I don't love the song, I'm just wishing for a better version.

How do you know the vocals were cut and pasted and how do you know it didn't happen before and why are people talking about it as if it actually matters how songs are produced and mixed? Are the regular people (who don't know shit about anything) buying Sailor's shit music because they think the production is 'flawless'?

It's not just about this song or you, it's just that people want to find any lame excuse to hate something. I missed the times when people used to say "well, I just don't like it", this over-thinking trend is quite annoying. :lol:

Talk about nitpicking. It reminds me of people saying MDNA sucked because they didn't like the mixing. What the fuck? A good song is a good song, it doesn't matter if it was recorded in a bathroom or the most expensive recording studio. :lmao:

It's like when people say "I hated this movie because the sound engeneering suck. :lmao:

I approach music the same as you in an emotional and instinctive way. I either love it or I don't. I don't pay too much attention to the technical things like mixing or editing. I know a lot of people get all worked up about that stuff, but I could care less. Vice versa, a song could have the most technically perfect mixing etc, but if I don't like the song itself who cares!

I'm more involved emotionally in music than technically, but these little details catch my ear. If I was listening to music on laptop or cheap headphones than I would not notice these things at all. But I do pay attention to details. I may not be a producer or expert, but I used to be involved in music editing. Maybe that is the reason why mistakes in a great song bothers me. I would not give a shit if a Taylor Swift song had bad mixing. It's not overanalyzing on my part, but I agree with you that many people, who would not notice the difference, likes to blame the mixing or mastering if they are not satisfied how a specific song sounds.

finaly they send living for love to the radio today and it's big hit of the week in belgium mnm

they gonne really play it alot full week yes yes yes !

All this overreacting over radio airplay in the US is premature. My friend this guy Philippe is a radio DJ in Montreal and he told me the song hasn't been released to radio yet and hits aren't earned anymore they are bought. Look at Madonna's last single GAYL.

I'm not saying radio in the US will support the song but it hasn't been given to them to play yet officially. This is 100% certain. The impact date is coming. I'm sure Madonna Co. will get radio to play to play it to some degree as she needs a hit to sell tour tickets.

It's coming guys relax. I personally think we are looking at top 10 all around the world atleast for this song.