LIVING FOR LOVE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

The only thing that i miss in LFL is another bridge. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chorus, the verses are empowering, and the back vocals are heaven.

Just a bridge would give the song a bit more structure. Although the "took me to heaven..." part works well enough like a bridge.

Well it's Sunday 22nd Feb in the UK,

Not sure what time though? Might be earlier for other parts of Europe and then on Tuesday for the USA - I'm guessing

its already out everywhere except uk, thanks

The only thing that i miss in LFL is another bridge. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chorus, the verses are empowering, and the back vocals are heaven.

Just a bridge would give the song a bit more structure. Although the "took me to heaven..." part works well enough like a bridge.

Yes it's a very strong bridge (that leads to the chorus) I love it too.

Didn't you mean another kind of bridge, like a more melodic break before the last chorus, instead of the up up up up... ?

Great song anyway.

Yes, i mean another one. For me that "took me to heaven" is a pre-chorus. Madonna is the best writer of bridges in music history. She controls our emotions through the bridges, we feel her sadness or her joy.

Remember HU bridge? It's like a catarsis "I can't keep on waiting for you...." or the bridge in Deeper "someone said that romance was dead... it starts so melancholic but ends up euphoric.

Yes, i mean another one. For me that "took me to heaven" is a pre-chorus. Madonna is the best writer of bridges in music history. She controls our emotions through the bridges, we feel her sadness or her joy.

Remember HU bridge? It's like a catarsis "I can't keep on waiting for you...." or the bridge in Deeper "someone said that romance was dead... it starts so melancholic but ends up euphoric.

True:

Someone said that romance was dead

And I believed it instead of remembering

What my mama told me

Let my father mold me

Then you tried to hold me

You remind me what they said

This feeling inside

I can't explain

But my love is alive

And I'm never gonna hide it again

Or

Say what you like, do what you feel

You know exactly who you are

The time is right now

You got to decide

Stand in the back or be the star

Or

Maybe we were meant to be together

Even though we never met before

We got to move before the sun is rising

And you'll be walking slowly out the door

Yes it's a very strong bridge (that leads to the chorus) I love it too.

Didn't you mean another kind of bridge, like a more melodic break before the last chorus, instead of the up up up up... ?

Great song anyway.

The "Lord lift me, God forgive me" part fulfilled that missing element for me in the demo. I truly hope there's a longer album version (though that seems unlikely at this point). Not sure why it was removed unless she thought it was too religious sounding.

For me this part that comes right after the chorus, what's it called, the dance break? "Love, lift me up, Love's gonna lift me up", feels like it's missing something, I'm not sure exactly what.

I've seen some idiots saying this song will flop because it's not trend-chasing enough like 4 Minutes. NOW people want her to chase trends. :lmao:

LOL, too rich. Between these turds and the 'fans' who keep wanting her to just remake ROL forever and ever, I just can't.

Some reviews of the song from Wiki if you missed it:

Following its release, "Living for Love" and the five other tracks from Rebel Heart earned critical praise.[25][26] Lipshutz was appreciative of the song, commending Madonna's "confident" vocal delivery. He said that the song sounded "like a giddy combination of Madonna's past and present, and represents an encouraging sign for a 2015 project that was unexpectedly thrown into jeopardy at the end of 2014."[17] Stern compared the song to Madonna's 1992 single "Deeper and Deeper", noting that unlike the UK dance acts and the teen-pop groups paying homage to 1990s house music, Madonna had lived through that era. Calling the song a "total beast of a collaborative effort", and ended his review saying "Fuck singing about Tanqueray in the club: This is the Madonna we've always known and lived to love, with flares of the future and nostalgic nods to the past."[16] Time '​s Jamieson Cox observed that "Living for Love" was tailor-made for radio, with the increase in popularity of house music and the crossover success of British house musicians.[27] Giving the song a rating of three out of five stars, Hardeep Phull from New York Post complimented it for being an "euphoric, gospel-tinged dance track that will rejuvenate even the most beaten-down of souls thanks to its 'love's gonna lift me up' refrain." Phull expected the song to be a hit on the dance and pop charts.[28]

Writing for USA Today, Brian Mansfield complimented the optimistic and "self-assured" nature of the song, adding that "it's the sort of determined dance anthem Madonna does so well".[29] The Dallas Morning News '​ Hunter Hauk described the song as a "solid melding" of different club musics and appreciated the dance break, and Madonna's singing attitude, calling it "less prickly or defiant than we see on Instagram these days".[30] Jeff Miers from The Buffalo News compared "Living for Love" to earlier club anthems, songs which had become commercial success for Madonna.[31] Writing for i-D, Nick Levine described the song as a "perfectly-pitched comeback single: rather than returning with a cheap EDM banger... When she sings 'I picked up my crown, put it back on my head', it feels like a statement of intent."[32] Lewis Corner from Digital Spy listed it as one of the top ten tracks of the week, adding that the composition made it "an euphoric first cut from... Rebel Heart".[33] Jed Gottlieb from Boston Herald described the track's beats as contemporary, while found the chorus and the hooks to be reminiscent of "old school" Top 40 songs. "True Blue fans will hear a joy and nostalgia in [the song]".[34] Jon Pareles from The New York Times commended "Living for Love"'s ability to transform "the breakup emotions into an uplifting redemption". He called it "one of Madonna's best singles in a decade".[22] Writing for PopMatters, Lisi found the track to be Madonna's "most joyous" release since "Express Yourself".[24]

Daryl Deino from The Inquisitr praised the song for being "epic and uplifting", believing that it would open up Madonna's music to a new generation.[25] Jim Farber of New York Daily News found the song to be a return to form for the singer, describing it as "prime mix of club and pop music, with an old-school R&B piano, soaring backup vocals and a melody that keeps lifting you higher."[35] Zel McCarthy from Vice believed that the song reflected the personalities of its songwriters, feeling that the production and the personable lyrics made it a success.[36] Bernard Zuel from The Sydney Morning Herald believed that "Living for Love" embodied every aspect of Madonna's life, a mixture of her past, present and future.[37] This view was shared by Lindsay Zoladz from New York, who had criticized the other five songs from the album, but called "Living for Love" as "an unexpectedly perfect balance between the ghosts of Madge past and future".[38] Dean Piper from The Daily Telegraph called it the "most original" among the songs released, however he was critical of the lyrics saying that they failed "to penetrate your soul".[20] Cinquemani complemented the changes in the song from the demo version, calling it Madonna's "most rousing lead single in years", but lamented the nasal vocals of the singer.[23] Michael Jose Gonzalez from Danish music magazine, Gaffa, found the song to be melodic but reminiscent of the music from Madonna's tenth studio album, Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005).[39]

None of that praise is enough, Flip.

Don't you see that every part of this song is missing something?

The vocals on the verses are weak.

The sick chorus breakdown is not enough.

The 40 second bridge that builds up to the last chorus doesn't provide enough structure.

The exclusion of the the single word LORD is a deal-breaker.

The choir is too prominent. But it's not prominent enough. '

She's just gonna flop hard with this mess that's one of the best songs she's ever recorded!

I hope this will build up more before the Grammy's. New songs of other artists out there are making buzz and L4L might be overlooked.

I think it will. It's a slow cooker and after the grammys, it is going to boil over.

L4L will not be denied.

TBH I have not really listened to the other tracks as much because LFL IS ON REPEAT ON MY IPHONE ALL DAY EVERYDAY AT THE GYM N WALKING TO WORK

:chuckle:

Would you say you have played it more than 100 times?

Would you say you have played it more than 100 times?

Yes. :lol: She made a song that really connects with me. It's my alarm in the morning :lmao: and at work today I accidently turned on my sound and it started it play haha :dead: I'm such a loon MY GOD. I'm living for love pretty much all day. #ConfessionsOfALoon