LIVING FOR LOVE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

Guest toomawashi

It hasn't been confirmed Living For Love is the first single though. The lead single was supposed to be released on Feb 14th. And now we know that new music will be released on Feb 9th and that is likely to be the real first single according to the original schedule.

M herself says it in the press release, or am I dreaming??

those lyrics seems more right

(Cause I'm living for love)

First you love me and I let you in
Make me feel like I was born again

You empowered me, you made me strong
Built me up and I could do no wrong

I let down my guard
I fell into your arms
Forgot who I was
I didn't hear the alarms

Now I'm down on my knees
Alone in the dark
I was blind to your game
You fired a shot in my heart

Took me to heaven
Let me fall down
Now that it's over
I'm gonna carry on

Lifted me up
And watched me stumble
After the heartache
I'm gonna carry on

Living for love, living for love
I'm not giving up
I'm gonna carry on

Living for love, I'm living for love
Not gonna stop
Love's gonna lift me up (love, lift me up)

I could get caught up in bitterness
But I'm not dwelling on this craziness
I found freedom in the ugly truth
I deserve the best and it's not you

You broke in my heart
Cause you can't break it down
Falling apart
I was lost, now I'm found
I picked up my crown, put it back on my head
I can forgive but I will never forget

Took me to heaven
Let me fall down
Now that it's over
I'm gonna carry on

Lifted me up
And watched me stumble
After the heartache
I'm gonna carry on

I'm not giving up
I'm gonna carry on

Not gonna stop
Love's gonna lift me up (lift me up, lift me up,...)
Love's gonna lift me up

Up up up up
Lord, lift me up up up up
Love's gonna lift me up

Up up up up
Lord, lift me up up up up
Love's gonna lift me up (love's gonna lift me up)

I'm not giving up
I'm gonna carry on

Not gonna stop
Love's gonna lift me up

I have already choreographed a dance for this.

I am in looooooove with this song. So looking forward to it being a single.

It literally takes me to another world!!!! I love you Madonna!!!

First one I listened to also and I am in LOVE!!! I almost teared up - it's so uplifting and powerful.

It does have a 90's vibe and I am personally loving that - can't wait to hear the rest!!

I am so happy right now :tigger:

Why do the haters come in the "Appreciation" threads???

It's THE song of life. One of her absolute BEST in years (and that's not a shade on HC or MDNA...as y'all know I love those albums).

I haven't straight up stanned for a Madonna song like this in a LONG time. I'm tellin' you...

tumblr_inline_nen1gsQPr31srrg5s.gif

It's straight up CLASSIC Madonna - the 90s house feel, the lyrics, the choir, the entire feel of the song - euphoria personified. This IS an anthem with incredible universal appeal. I can't see this NOT connecting with listeners around the world (in some way...contrary to what blasphemers may say...)

tumblr_inline_ndtm0pGSHN1s801ah.gif

I think it's the perfect first single...and it deserves an incredible video. It's literally begging for it.

And contrary to what some are saying, it does seem like this was to be the first single all along, it just got pushed forward a bit. I don't want to see this gem not get its just due as a single. Don't waste this moment team Madonna.

tumblr_n38amgCX421qg5o2oo8_250.gif

Straight up one of the most euphoric, inspiring, universal songs in a long time. Oh how I've waited for a song like this!!!

I can only imagine the remixes (official and unofficial). Somebody better make an extended house mix with some of the demo mixed in, ala Shep style TIC.

Oh, and anything negative said about this song is utter BLASPHEMY...and I will NOT be entertaining it.

tumblr_n0fyq4RCwl1qg5o2oo10_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nane13rVut1rjb5nz.gif

tumblr_mpedzxuI6A1rtgzofo2_250.gif

Now LIVE FOR LOVE bitches.

synchronizedleyomidropping.gif

billboard gave it a fab review!

When listening to Madonna sing a line like "Took me to heaven, let me fall down/Now that it's over, I'm gonna carry on" on new single "Living For Love," it's hard not to think of the disappointment the pop queen felt earlier this week, when her thirteenth album leaked online in demo form before it was even officially announced. Fortunately for fans, that initial shock is over, and Madge is carrying on with an album release -- "Living For Love" previews Rebel Heart, now due out in March, and hints at the defiant pose that the follow-up to 2012's MDNA may strike after a few overstuffed dance projects.

Unlike Madonna's previous two lead singles, the pre-EDM banger "4 Minutes" and the cheerleader pep talk "Give Me All Your Luvin'," "Living For Love" leaves its focus on its lyrics, with the singer beginning over a regal piano line that's eventually joined by pulsing percussion. The confidence Madonna displays on the track recalls singular classics like "Express Yourself" and "Like A Prayer," and when the song weaves its way toward a throbbing drop, Madonna continues crooning, refusing to be relegated to the background. "Living For Love" sounds like a giddy combination of Madonna's past and present, and represents an encouraging sign for a 2015 project that was unexpectedly thrown into jeopardy at the end of 2014.

This is a perfect single choice and radio will absolutely love it! It's mainstream but there is nothing like it out there right now. I adore the 90s vibe and her voice is everything. So many hooks, so catchy, so very Madonna. Her best single since Hung Up.

I'm a bit surprised that this has got such a mixed reaction from fans. I can't see what's not to like about this song. The "took me to heaven..." bit especially is simply amazing.