GHOSTTOWN appreciation!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think it's really up to how the first single does. If LFL is a hit of any kind (not necessarily #1 but something that radio plays and that stays in the top 20 for a few weeks, steady), then a second single might also get played and make an impact. With GAYL, there was no impact in the GP or on radio, so of course GGW sank like a rock. Also, there was 0 promo for that single.

Yeah, like Girl Gone Wild? That didn't do well at all. Some may criticise the quality of the song, but that would have gone to #1 if Rhianna did it.

You might be right that a Madonna song has very little chance regardless of how good or radio-friendly it is, but GGW had nowhere near the near-unanimous praise that Ghosttown has.

My point is no matter what she releases as a second single, I don't see it doing well, regardless of the quality of the song. I wish it wasn't like that but it's true. She's released many great singles in the past 10 years that have been ignored. I don't see how Ghosttown would be treated any different. On the other hand, with a great video, it could chart due to streams counting now, so there is that possibility. We will see.

Like someone already said, MDNA had zero promotion. I don't count that Facebook interview as promo. This era is bound to be different, in a positive way. There is too much promise and potential! Madonna will be one of the most talked about artists! Mark my words.

Rebuilding America’s ghost town

610267-fa23d89a-962e-11e4-9bd9-740a91fb6

DOWNTOWN Detroit looks like the back lot of a movie studio. Only half the city’s street lights are actually working — but it’s slowly bouncing back from becoming a ghost town.

She should do a video about the rebirth of Detroit and feature some of the organizations she supported last year. It would draw a lot of positive attention to the city, to the groups and also to the song/video.

Like someone already said, MDNA had zero promotion. I don't count that Facebook interview as promo. This era is bound to be different, in a positive way. There is too much promise and potential! Madonna will be one of the most talked about artists! Mark my words.

Yeah it's still an uphill battle, but anything is possible. If radio decides for whatever reason to give Ghosttown a shot, it could catch on without people even knowing who it is at first. I didn't think Madonna would score her longest running #1 hit in 1995 either. I didn't think "Music" (the single AND album) would put her back at #1 after ROL either.

Billboard reveals that Michael Keaton’ son, Sean Douglas, worked on “Ghosttown,” one of the songs featured on Madonna‘s upcoming Rebel Heart studio album. The songwriter says that the song, which was released along with five other Madonna tracks following a demo leak last month, was written in three days after Madonna personally requested some studio time.

He adds:

Madonna liked ‘Talk Dirty,’ actually, and so they put me and [co-writers] Jason Evigan and Evan Bogart in with her and we had this great session. I was incredibly nervous for obvious reasons, but she showed up, was super personable and was ready to work. I basically checked it off my life bucket list.

Douglas is actually a successful pop songwriter, with credits on Top 40 hits like Jason Derulo’s “Talk Dirty,” Demi Lovato’s “Heart Attack” and Fifth Harmony’s “Sledgehammer,” among many others. And he spent part of last summer in Ibiza with David Guetta, living in the producer’s house and working on tracks for his recent album, Listen.

Billboard reveals that Michael Keaton’ son, Sean Douglas, worked on “Ghosttown,” one of the songs featured on Madonna‘s upcoming Rebel Heart studio album. The songwriter says that the song, which was released along with five other Madonna tracks following a demo leak last month, was written in three days after Madonna personally requested some studio time.

He adds:

Madonna liked ‘Talk Dirty,’ actually, and so they put me and [co-writers] Jason Evigan and Evan Bogart in with her and we had this great session. I was incredibly nervous for obvious reasons, but she showed up, was super personable and was ready to work. I basically checked it off my life bucket list.

Douglas is actually a successful pop songwriter, with credits on Top 40 hits like Jason Derulo’s “Talk Dirty,” Demi Lovato’s “Heart Attack” and Fifth Harmony’s “Sledgehammer,” among many others. And he spent part of last summer in Ibiza with David Guetta, living in the producer’s house and working on tracks for his recent album, Listen.

Nice. He's cute as fuck, too.

Billboard reveals that Michael Keaton son, Sean Douglas, worked on Ghosttown, one of the songs featured on Madonnas upcoming Rebel Heart studio album. The songwriter says that the song, which was released along with five other Madonna tracks following a demo leak last month, was written in three days after Madonna personally requested some studio time.

He adds:

Madonna liked Talk Dirty, actually, and so they put me and [co-writers] Jason Evigan and Evan Bogart in with her and we had this great session. I was incredibly nervous for obvious reasons, but she showed up, was super personable and was ready to work. I basically checked it off my life bucket list.

Douglas is actually a successful pop songwriter, with credits on Top 40 hits like Jason Derulos Talk Dirty, Demi Lovatos Heart Attack and Fifth Harmonys Sledgehammer, among many others. And he spent part of last summer in Ibiza with David Guetta, living in the producers house and working on tracks for his recent album, Listen.

I wonder if Mr Keaton got to hear a preview of the album from his son and is why he was using M phrases like 'unapologetic' and 'human nature' in his golden globe speech?

She should do a video about the rebirth of Detroit and feature some of the organizations she supported last year. It would draw a lot of positive attention to the city, to the groups and also to the song/video.

brilliant idea!!!

This song is a total grower!! First I didn't like it that much (thought it was very average) but now I think it's beautiful!

+1. I always thought it would make a great single and potentially click with the general public, but it took a while to grow on me personally.

But it did finally grow on you?! :) :)

^ It has, quite a bit. But I never said I hated or anything, just that I think the production is pretty generic. And still do. But that's also why I think it could do well with the general public... if radio has the balls to spin it!

I love this song! I'm actually in one of Billboard's music videos for a song he did back in the day called "Drunkin' Love" - filmed in his and my hometown of Montreal! :)

J'adore Montreal!

Was there last September for work.

Great city really cool people i met.

sorry for going off-topic :)

I love this song! I'm actually in one of Billboard's music videos for a song he did back in the day called "Drunkin' Love" - filmed in his and my hometown of Montreal! :)

ok, as i continue to not hearing the noises everybody's talking about, for the first time i listened to the song with earphones and i've noticed i backing male voice at the very end of the song...is it only me once again? or not?

Guest Madomination

I can see fans of Daryl/Carol or Daryl/Beth from the Walking Dead using this song and make some sappy video from clips of the show..... :huh:

GT is her best ballad since the epic Frozen. It is an absolute Madonna classic from start to finish. This song should totally be promoted as a single, esp in the US. It has tons of potential for the Adult Contemp market, a wise market to try for as it is possible the general Top 40 may ignore the edgier/dancier tracks (hopefully not as everything is so very strong, but given ageism and her US radio play this past decade).