GHOSTTOWN appreciation!

She really does need to release this. And if she's smart she'll do the video before the album drops so it's ready to go. It's very possible LFL will get zero radio support in the U.S. and a second single by March will be essential.

Guest gang bang

Her single choices have been polarizing for the last few albums. Please, Madonna. Please! RELEASE THIS SONG AS A SINGLE!!!!

this

I think GT's popularity was not expected by Madonna and her team. Diplo said for several times that UB was being considered among first two singles. It seems that UB couldn't deliver the popularity they expected and GT and DP are more popular. They may change their single choices after that. I'm sure this will pis off Diplo.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Her single choices have been polarizing for the last few albums. Please, Madonna. Please! RELEASE THIS SONG AS A SINGLE!!!!

totally! She should release Ghosttown as a second single in march or late feb and simultaneously BIM as a club only promo single.

She really does need to release this. And if she's smart she'll do the video before the album drops so it's ready to go. It's very possible LFL will get zero radio support in the U.S. and a second single by March will be essential.

and Ghosttown would be played on radio?

god yes. If this fucking controversy proves anything it's that the public that hates Madonna wants her demure and age appropriate.

the public that likes Madonna love her ballads

the people who don't care might be won over it's a good song and different from anything she's put out for 17+ years

the fans will love another side of her getting exposure

it can't go wrong

I can't see the future, but maybe has a better shot than LFL. It's the kind of song I can imagine people liking without knowing who it is. AC stations would definitely test it.

Unfortunately, only the 1st single matters nowadays. Even if Ghosttown is released as the 2nd single, no one will get to hear it. :(

im not that sure about your comment. Ghosttown is that good. It's got hit written all over it.

Not only that, radio isn't the only way to hear a song. It could be licensed to a really good commercial or movie. And a video that gets attention for one reason or another will help get the song heard. It's still possible.

Unfortunately, only the 1st single matters nowadays. Even if Ghosttown is released as the 2nd single, no one will get to hear it. :(

Don't be so quick to judge this era. It's not gonna be the same as the previous two.

Don't be so quick to judge this era. It's not gonna be the same as the previous two.

What makes you so sure? Why would radio suddenly decide to start playing her? I'm not trying to be negative. I'm being realistic. And I'm taking about the US. A second single would get airplay in other countries, but I seriously doubt it would happen here. It sucks, but "Don't Tell Me" was the last time it happened.

What makes you so sure? Why would radio suddenly decide to start playing her? I'm not trying to be negative. I'm being realistic. And I'm taking about the US. A second single would get airplay in other countries, but I seriously doubt it would happen here. It sucks, but "Don't Tell Me" was the last time it happened.

I think there are many reasons for Madonna to make a comeback to US radios. Don't ask me to list them because I don't wanna get into a disagreement with you. All I'm saying let's enjoy the era and not jump to conclusions too quick! Wining about things only takes the fun away ;) ♡

Have you guys seen any fan made art with bits of Ghosttown lyrics depicted against some melodramatic image? I'm thinking about creating a few...

Not sure. First of all, most people don't even know about the "1st single" from this era. They're obviously not going to release the second single before the album drops because they haven't even started promoted the first one, BUT if they followed the pattern of MDNA and released the second single/video the week of the album release, it has a decent shot. Any pre-album singles are going to get a lot of attention, whether it's one or two.

Agree this is a very likable song with the potential to be well liked by a larger audience. Hopefully, the powers that be need to figure out how to market M new music so people have an opportunity to hear it and judge for themselves.

I remember GMAYL being marketed pretty strongly in the US for a short time, but I personally never expected that single to do well. I hope with others that this time will be different for M!

if they followed the pattern of MDNA and released the second single/video the week of the album release, it has a decent shot.

Yeah, like Girl Gone Wild? That didn't do well at all. Some may criticise the quality of the song, but that would have gone to #1 if Rhianna did it.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Ghosttown and GGW have nothing in common. GGW is a self-indulgent party song, GT is a generous and heartfelt love song. I think it could really reach people. The melody is beautiful as is Madonna's vocal delivery while GGW's vocals lacked personality.

Ghosttown and GGW have nothing in common. GGW is a self-indulgent party song, GT is a generous and heartfelt love song. I think it could really reach people. The melody is beautiful as is Madonna's vocal delivery while GGW's vocals lacked personality.

My point is no matter what she releases as a second single, I don't see it doing well, regardless of the quality of the song. I wish it wasn't like that but it's true. She's released many great singles in the past 10 years that have been ignored. I don't see how Ghosttown would be treated any different. On the other hand, with a great video, it could chart due to streams counting now, so there is that possibility. We will see.