REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

I ain't picking a fight with you... honey.

This is event marketing, like the good ol' Freddy DeMann days. If it wasnt her, then someone close did it for her, just to start the machine up early.

I've also watched for 30+years and theres a reason why people are still as interested as they ever were, and you're right, its the product.

Your repeated delivery of the same 'accusation' is what came across as cynical. Sorry.

In fact, i think this is the kind of genius marketing she was known for prior to Hard Candy.

I am truly hoping we get six new songs on Christmas day. Really!

I think we are in agreement. Notice how the album didn't come out before U2's album? She was probably waiting to see the reaction of a free album on iTunes. Boy, did she dodge a bullet. But, she wouldn't have done that anyway. She's smarter than Bono.

I wish you could have seen my face when I first heard Ghosttown. I was in tears. Once again she pierced me in the heart. This is why I love her. It's like she knows my feelings.

I really really hope we get six more songs on Christmas day. I wouldn't throw that idea out with the bath water. :-)

Inside Out is great, the way she sings "let me love you from the inside out" is so familiar....

I'm loving Inside Out! Some dubstep with hits of Rihanna's Diamonds. This is one of my faves so far!

I'm on the fence on whether this is a stunt or not, though she seems genuine in this latest round of interviews that she's hurt and surprised.

And since I've also long-admired her marketing genius (it's partially what got me into the business), I'm actually reluctant to quickly assume she's pulling a stunt right now.

It's almost because I think she's such a schemer that I'm having a hard time believing she'd pull such a complicated publicity stunt. Though I want to believe it! If we get a glorious LFL video in a day or in a week, then I guess we'll have better reason to be "suspicious" :laugh: :stir:

My main question at the moment is: why would more songs keep leaking only a day after an official release? This to me points to a fucking loser actually at war with her, trying to completely ruin the release of this album. It points to Madonna's own public statement that these leaks are not coming from fans...

I'm on the fence on whether this is a stunt or not, though she seems genuine in this latest round of interviews that she's hurt and surprised.

And since I've also long-admired her marketing genius (it's partially what got me into the business), I'm actually reluctant to quickly assume she's pulling a stunt right now.

It's almost because I think she's such a schemer that I'm having a hard time believing she'd pull such a complicated publicity stunt. Though I want to believe it! If we get a glorious LFL video in a day or in a week, then I guess we'll have better reason to be "suspicious" :laugh: :stir:

My main question at the moment is: why would more songs keep leaking only a day after an official release? This to me points to a fucking loser actually at war with her, trying to completely ruin the release of this album. It points to Madonna's own public statement that these leaks are not coming from fans...

Yeah, there's just too much and too unfinished for it to be a stunt. RH maybe, but even WAOM was too unfinished to be leaked intentionally. She's probably sick to her stomach right now.

Just hear me out. We live in a new world. A new world of technology. She has to keep up with it. What she has done is genius. I didn't know how she was going to do it. I didn't know until those six songs showed up on iTunes. Then, it finally dawned on me.

Smart girl. She's my Madonna.

And what I'm saying is, I want to believe this - but there is some evidence that's just not fitting this scenario.

We'll know the truth in a few days and/or weeks.

Again, if we get a video really soon. If we get more songs on Xmas day or NYE. Etc etc.

Then yes, I'll be like: this is way too coordinated to just be something her team is pulling out of their asses because of some leaks only a few thousand people will seek out anyway.

I love the uncertainty of not knowing - this is definitely an unforgettable ride, whatever the truth is.

It's not cynicism, honey. It's observance. And I am just as guilty. I've been guilty for the last 30 years. You want to know why I love Madonna? Because she has balls. Not only could she pull a stunt like this, but she has the goods to back it up.

I love these songs. And, I'm going to love this album. Because she is a true artist. But, she's also a money maker. More power to her. I'm loving it all.

Come February 9th, I will be downloading the new songs right with you. I'm counting the days. Because her music is truly spectacular. It has been spectacular for 30 years. I've spent a lot of time and money on Madonna, but, it's for a good cause. I'm sorry more people can't see it. She's a genius.

I have fought tooth and nail with non-Madonna fans and Madonna fans. There's nothing I haven't heard.

You are ridiculous.

This is one helluva an elaborate scheme that she's got going on....still lying her ass off over and over even in these brand new Q&As...

I guess she's rubbing her hands in glee as YET MORE unfinished work leak out this very minute...

In your fervor to declare yourself and others of your ilk as "real fans", you've proven yourself to be anything but.

You are ridiculous.

This is one helluva an elaborate scheme that she's got going on....still lying her ass off over and over even in these brand new Q&As...

I guess she's rubbing her hands in glee as YET MORE unfinished work leak out this very minute...

In your fervor to declare yourself and others of your ilk as "real fans", you've proven yourself to be anything but.

Like I said. There's nothing I haven't heard.

I've read lots of your posts, Kim. You're a smart guy. You're articulate and you talk the "talk".

But, you're lacking a, je ne sais quoi. You pick fights that aren't even there. Sorry about that.

Do you want to talk about that?

Madonna did not fly to Brazil last week to leak those demos. Madonna never leaked the demos from the 2010 or 2011 leakgate. She didn't leak You Are The One or Shame. She didn't leak Is This Love either. The one's responsible for these leakings have always been the same circle of people. Face it, these demos (as it's been for EVERY album), have been in circulation among collectors and traders for many months now. The way these new songs have been leaking is all through private messages and apps. None of these people want to be sourced for these links, as the FBI were involved back in 2011 when GMAYL leaked. If Madonna planned to leak these, she would have done it more openly, and she wouldn't have links and streams removed right away. We all know just how impossible it was to find the 11 demos that leaked last week. It took hours just to track them down. I'm shocked that so many people are still believing this is a pr stunt. Madonna would never have done this 6 track thing before in her life, even if all these demos never leaked. I'm shocked she even went through with, but i'm elated that I actually get to hear official material and get to see all the positivity from the 6 tracks. But oh well. Believe what you want!

In the UK, Living For Love single is now up for pre-order on iTunes due release 20 February. So won't actually be up for download tomorrow. Will give her time to coincide with the video and radio play I'm guessing... (Same week as The Brit Awards too.. )

Madonna did not fly to Brazil last week to leak those demos. Madonna never leaked the demos from the 2010 or 2011 leakgate. She didn't leak You Are The One or Shame. She didn't leak Is This Love either. The one's responsible for these leakings have always been the same circle of people. Face it, these demos (as it's been for EVERY album), have been in circulation among collectors and traders for many months now. The way these new songs have been leaking is all through private messages and apps. None of these people want to be sourced for these links, as the FBI were involved back in 2011 when GMAYL leaked. If Madonna planned to leak these, she would have done it more openly, and she wouldn't have links and streams removed right away. We all know just how impossible it was to find the 11 demos that leaked last week. It took hours just to track them down. I'm shocked that so many people are still believing this is a pr stunt. Madonna would never have done this 6 track thing before in her life, even if all these demos never leaked. I'm shocked she even went through with, but i'm elated that I actually get to hear official material and get to see all the positivity from the 6 tracks. But oh well. Believe what you want!

but how is that Beyonce could record a secret album (and videos for every track!) and *nothing* leaks from it? I really think Madonna needs to examine her own team more closely.

but how is that Beyonce could record a secret album (and videos for every track!) and *nothing* leaks from it? I really think Madonna needs to examine her own team more closely.

And I'm sure they've been in the process of doing that since the leak.

In the UK, Living For Love single is now up for pre-order on iTunes due release 20 February. So won't actually be up for download tomorrow. Will give her time to coincide with the video and radio play I'm guessing...

uh oh... So we arent getting a single anytime soon...?? :ohmy:

uh oh... So we arent getting a single anytime soon...?? :ohmy:

You can pre-order it on iTunes NOW but you won't get it until Feb 20 (so it can't chart until then). She'll have two months of pre-orders to secure a massive chart position and to build up airplay (Capital Fm have started playing it from today). Looks like they know what they are doing this time. God, how things have changed with this campaign!!

Plus that's the week of The Brit Awards (just saying!) :ohmy:

Like I said. There's nothing I haven't heard.

I've read lots of your posts, Kim. You're a smart guy. You're articulate and you talk the "talk".

But, you're lacking a, je ne sais quoi. You pick fights that aren't even there. Sorry about that.

Do you want to talk about that?

You're obviously (semi) observant. You'll be aware that these demos were doing the rounds in collectors circles for months for mega $$$. That was officially sanctioned? There's a way to 'accidentally' leak things, this wasn't it... Someone decided to leak em, simple.

That Madonna, in her own words, "turned lemons into lemonade" from this scenario, is wonderful indeed, but that's where the conspiracy ends.

Fans claiming to be "real" "true" etc in the presence of other fans is just ...silly talk.

You "je ne sais quoi" ? Oh that's more than obvious my dear.

No fight here btw. It's .... adult discussion.

In the UK, Living For Love single is now up for pre-order on iTunes due release 20 February. So won't actually be up for download tomorrow. Will give her time to coincide with the video and radio play I'm guessing... (Same week as The Brit Awards too.. )

Wonderful news!!!!

So what about the rest of the world where LFL has already been for sale...what happens re charting there? Shouldn't it have been held back everywhere then? I'm confused

So what about the rest of the world where LFL has already been for sale...what happens re charting there? Shouldn't it have been held back everywhere then? I'm confused

I guess they have a different plan in the UK?

When the single is officially released, they can always put up a single-only download on itunes. I think that will happen. Plus there are the remixes to come too.

Quite honestly I think she's sitting very pretty right now.

Leakgate was big news but she combatted it brilliantly with her Itunes release. As it stands, she has the world's attention through something official, there is an Itunes banner and countless articles and press on the new songs, she's even doing interviews to bring it more attention. In some ways this has to be one of her smartest EVER moves. She's #1 everywhere pretty much.

Now even if the rest of these collected demos slip out, it's kinda irrelevant. The masses don't search for that type of thing and because there is only a few left, it can't make big news again.

Because she took charge of the situation and released it officially she won the battle. I don't want anything else to leak but if it does, it'll garner little to no attention other than twitter or that trash atrl which after which it'll be forgotten.

Honestly if a couple more demos leak then I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even find out about it.

Madonna's Itunes success is buzzing, the leaks are under the radar (quite frankly where they belong)

I do hope those responsible are penalised in some way however.

You're obviously (semi) observant. You'll be aware that these demos were doing the rounds in collectors circles for months for mega $$$. That was officially sanctioned? There's a way to 'accidentally' leak things, this wasn't it... Someone decided to leak em, simple.

That Madonna, in her own words, "turned lemon into lemonade" from this scenario, is wonderful indeed, but that's where the conspiracy ends.

Fans claiming to be "real" "true" etc in the presence of other fans is just ...silly talk.

You "je ne sais quoi" ? Oh that's more than obvious my dear.

No fight here btw. It's .... adult discussion.

Agreed. No fights. You've proven yourself to be smarter than I am, and I'm humbled.

I do know one thing. These six songs have, once again, reached a level of my emotions that I didn't even know was there. The last 48 hours have been a roller coaster ride. And - this may sound redundant - she's been doing this to me for years. I'm glad she's able to do it once again. The roller coaster ride always has its ups and downs.

I guess we'll never really know her tactics. But she's always left me guessing about them. And, this era is no different. Thank god!

I just want more music. That's all I've ever wanted from her.

Thank you.

I copy/paste my previous comment on this :

It's not the album, the final mix. It's demos. Only a bunch of them were leaked last week but there"s like 80 demos from the album (some are various early mixes and versions of the same demo) so don't worry it's not the REAL album leaking, just early demos and they can't do anything about it because they've already been stolen and shared for months so it's logical they'll appear sooner or later throughout the years.

i know because in october i've been offered to buy the demos from a collector but i declined, i do not want to sponsor and reward a theft with money. It's one thing to enjoy the free leaks it's another, imo, to buy them. I did not even ask the prices and this is how i know there are 80+ demos making the rounds.

If you paid attention i even had the Herb Ritts contact sheet around the same time as my avatar (i did not buy anything as well) and i shared a bit of "The beat is so crazy" before it leaked in full, it was given to me for free. So there.

Collectors are a very weird bunch, they spend their time and money on Madonna and yet they bash her ALL THE TIME. Just on Madonnachile right now and see how an outtake collector talks about her

opopo.jpg

Would you call this a fan ?