REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

Inside out is great, i love the verses, the music reminds me of the intro of "Army of me" by Björk put on a loop. It's a wonderful track. Who says otherwise is a cunt and that's it. I'm done with people who pee vinegar, take the burn and shut up.

53382_600.gif

Seriously though, is this some kind of concerted effort to damage Madonna's career? Who is leaking all this stuff? This is just awful - like her new album campaign is under a death of a thousand cuts attempt. Horrible.

Maybe with all these new leaks, she'll give us six more songs to "buy" on Christmas day.

I appreciate your opinion, even if it is a wee bit redundant. :abuse:

celebrate the cynicism.

I love IO. I hope it's on the album. This era is shaping up to be her strongest since COADF, if not Music.

Also, I concur that it's fucking fucked that someone is doing this to her. At first I got it - collectors, fans sick of waiting, etc., but after she released SIX SONGS for us, what kind of vindictive idiot would release more? At least wait until the album drops. It's not like we still won't be thrilled to hear the demos. Ugh.

Actually, the "leak" could very well be orchestrated by her team.....and it would be pretty brilliant....releasing 6 songs in December, then another 6 in February, then performing at the Grammy's like she mentioned, then the remaining 7 out in April......that way madonna dominates the discussion on new music release scene for 5 months....every couple months there are 6 new songs by her, whereas if she would have just released an album like normal, it would be the topic of discussion for a month or two at most, until someone else released an album

Edited by adaab

I appreciate your opinion, even if it is a wee bit redundant. :abuse:

celebrate the cynicism.

It's not cynicism, honey. It's observance. And I am just as guilty. I've been guilty for the last 30 years. You want to know why I love Madonna? Because she has balls. Not only could she pull a stunt like this, but she has the goods to back it up.

I love these songs. And, I'm going to love this album. Because she is a true artist. But, she's also a money maker. More power to her. I'm loving it all.

Come February 9th, I will be downloading the new songs right with you. I'm counting the days. Because her music is truly spectacular. It has been spectacular for 30 years. I've spent a lot of time and money on Madonna, but, it's for a good cause. I'm sorry more people can't see it. She's a genius.

I have fought tooth and nail with non-Madonna fans and Madonna fans. There's nothing I haven't heard.

Alright guys, so Madonna made me come back again after a 2 years absence!!!

Well, after waking up yesterday with all the buzz going around, my first impression of the 6 songs was that I really hated them. But well, as a good old fan I just kept listening and listening and I must say: I really, really enjoy them now.

I'm not really crazy about Living for Love, but it sounds good on a higher volume and has a nice feeling, so for the general public I believe it's gonna work.

All the others are really well done, and I should say Ghosttown is so fucking PERFECT that it HURTS!!!

Maybe my first reaction was not so good because i kind a expected a killer song like Hung Up to begin with (yeah I like to dance), but this killer song so far is a ballad and it's Ghosttown.

What about Madonna doing reggae music? This is a PARADOX in my life now and maybe in pop music history (LOL0. I can imagine this song been played everywhere and be people saying "isn't Madonna a gay thing"?!

Way to go Madge and nice to be back on with you guys!

Actually, the "leak" could very well be orchestrated by her team.....and it would be pretty brilliant....releasing 6 songs in December, then another 6 in February, then performing at the Grammy's like she mentioned, then the remaining 7 out in April......that way madonna dominates the discussion on new music release scene for 5 months....every couple months there are 6 new songs by her, whereas if she would have just released an album like normal, it would be the topic of discussion for a month or two at most, until someone else released an album

Very good point

I don't quite understand the reasoning of scrapping the double album idea because of the leaks. Not sure how one effects the other. Or maybe I misunderstood.

Yes I'm not getting this either.

I don't quite understand the reasoning of scrapping the double album idea because of the leaks. Not sure how one effects the other. Or maybe I misunderstood.

I think it's just from releasing 6 songs on itunes. It put things out of order, and Madonna possibly doesn't know what the final tracklist is. We are still gettings 2 discs worth, but based on what Madonna said to Billboard, it won't be formatted in a 2 disc form like she originally planned.

It's not cynicism, honey. It's observance. And I am just as guilty. I've been guilty for the last 30 years. You want to know why I love Madonna? Because she has balls. Not only could she pull a stunt like this, but she has the goods to back it up.

I love these songs. And, I'm going to love this album. Because she is a true artist. But, she's also a money maker. More power to her. I'm loving it all.

Come February 9th, I will be downloading the new songs right with you. I'm counting the days. Because her music is truly spectacular. It has been spectacular for 30 years. I've spent a lot of time and money on Madonna, but, it's for a good cause. I'm sorry more people can't see it. She's a genius.

I have fought tooth and nail with non-Madonna fans and Madonna fans. There's nothing I haven't heard.

I ain't picking a fight with you... honey.

This is event marketing, like the good ol' Freddy DeMann days. If it wasnt her, then someone close did it for her, just to start the machine up early.

I've also watched for 30+years and theres a reason why people are still as interested as they ever were, and you're right, its the product.

Your repeated delivery of the same 'accusation' is what came across as cynical. Sorry.

In fact, i think this is the kind of genius marketing she was known for prior to Hard Candy.

Pharrell just tweeted a link for the album preorder. I guess he just confirmed his tracks :)

He tweeted the exact same sentence as Kanye did before, including itunes link to buy the album. I remember this happened before during an album campaign...who was it, Gaga? I'm not sure but all of a sudden all of these celebs tweeted a link to buy the album and now it's happening for Madonna, too. It's a marketing thing done by the recording companies and does not imply any other confirmation, at least to me.

I think it's just from releasing 6 songs on itunes. It put things out of order, and Madonna possibly doesn't know what the final tracklist is. We are still gettings 2 discs worth, but based on what Madonna said to Billboard, it won't be formatted in a 2 disc form like she originally planned.

Ugh, it just sucks that the album might be compromised in that way. I hope she finds a way to sequence the songs that make sense. BIM alongside JOA will be jarring/weird.

He tweeted the exact same sentence as Kanye did before, including itunes link to buy the album. I remember this happened before during an album campaign...who was it, Gaga? I'm not sure but all of a sudden all of these celebs tweeted a link to buy the album and now it's happening for Madonna, too. It's a marketing thing done by the recording companies and does not imply any other confirmation, at least to me.

Yes, it was Gaga only a couple of months ago for C2C and we were all dragging her for it. I must be Interscope NTP. :semifunny: