REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

and what about fans recreating the cover...so fun!!! it's on madonna twitter :laugh:

I had an American Life-ied picture of me as my avatar here for the longest time. Now other fan bases I'm not going to name have made me find those things kind of embarrassing :p

I find it so funny that so many fans treat each new Madonna album as if they're all by a different artist. Do any other artists have to compete with themselves as much as Madonna does?

I know it's natural to compare the past with the present, but I've always taken the new Madonna as she comes each time. I really like LFL and its nothing like vogue, or like a prayer, or nothing fails, or deeper and deeper. It's Living for Love.

this is going to be my favorite Madonna album, and I don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me. I like what I like, and I don't try to force myself to hear an old Madonna reference in a new Madonna song.

Sense.

Initially, it feels like "Rebel Heart" is a cocktail mix of everything she has done with American Life & Hard Candy but done right! Anyone else think the same?

Yep.

I get what you're saying.

I'm really not getting all this hate for the vocals on LFL?! I don't hear anything wrong with them?

maybe they would be happier if Ariana Grande or someone else would sing the song instead?...just saying :laugh:

maybe they would be happier if Ariana Grande or someone else would sing the song instead?...just saying :laugh:

I don't get it either. I actually love the grandma vocals. They aren't rescue me, but for some reason IMO they work, for my taste

Her vocals sound great on LFL, simply as.

I saw someone quoted Depeche Mode as their second life on the previous thread, I just had to say I agree!

Madonna, Placebo, Depeche Mode are my life!

Illuminati is a killer track! Love that arp bass synth!

We need Jonakos to keep track of it...where is him?

I am here darling. Enjoying the new music and making sure everyone I know has pre-ordered the album.

The album tracks inevitably are going to collapse in the next few days in major markets. It happens to everyone. What's important at this point is for Living for Love to start being played on radios around the world and sell on its own and along with the album bundle.

I am a bit concerned about the UK. According to the Official Charts only ONE song from an album can benefit on the singles chart from the whole pre-order thing. I HOPE that they make sure that's Living for Love. I mean, they can't just arbitrary pick any song, right?

Also, the albums charts on i-tunes have been starting to update. Rebel Heart is slowly appearing in more and more countries.

I am here darling. Enjoying the new music and making sure everyone I know has pre-ordered the album.

The album tracks inevitably are going to collapse in the next few days in major markets. It happens to everyone. What's important at this point is for Living for Love to start being played on radios around the world and sell on its own and along with the album bundle.

I am a bit concerned about the UK. According to the Official Charts only ONE song from an album can benefit on the singles chart from the whole pre-order thing. I HOPE that they make sure that's Living for Love. I mean, they can't just arbitrary pick any song, right?

Also, the albums charts on i-tunes have been starting to update. Rebel Heart is slowly appearing in more and more countries.

I hope they have a lyric video planned for tomorrows single release..

I do imagine A LOT of Xmas iTunes Gift Cards will be used for these tracks..so it should keep them alive..

I soooooo want Revolution to make the cut. It's so simple and so effective. I know I'm weird, but really, I love it.

I like it too. I think it will be great live.

Her vocals sound great on LFL, simply as.

I saw someone quoted Depeche Mode as their second life on the previous thread, I just had to say I agree!

Madonna, Placebo, Depeche Mode are my life!

Illuminati is a killer track! Love that arp bass synth!

+1. Not surprised to find out Kanye produced it.

don't know if this is the right topic and i don't listen too much radio...has LFL been released to radio?

I was wondering the same thing.

Living For Love is being released separately here tomorrow - nothing to do with the pre-order so it will chart :sassy:

That means she will probably save her one pre-order track for February (I'm guessing Rebel Heart).

Edited by Mad-donna

It will be really interesting tomorrow, if the lyric video is released or something. Maybe they don't plan to do anything, not even send LFL to radios. I hope i'm wrong, but it feels so strange to have a single with no previous hype about it at all! All the hype has been about the album.

Please, please, Madonna, film a video and release the single properly!

My own cd that i burned ends with Joan of Arc and Messiah. You can't believe how beautiful it is that ending. I hope both songs make the cut, Messiah is one of the finest things she has recorded: the voice and the melody are haunting.

Joan of Arc is so beautiful, she sounds so vulnerable there... maybe because English is not my mother language i don't find the lyrics cringeworthy at all, in fact i find them beautiful. It's like Swim meets Love Profusion.

My own cd that i burned ends with Joan of Arc and Messiah. You can't believe how beautiful it is that ending. I hope both songs make the cut, Messiah is one of the finest things she has recorded: the voice and the melody are haunting.

You are so right about Messiah. I adore that song. It's like a lullaby to me. I'm surprised that it doesn't get the recognition it should. Maybe when it's on the album. I can't even imagine the song not being on the album considering the effort that went into it. I mean a real orchestra. When was the last time she had one.

from 'madonna's' FB

Madonna Returns To The Top Of The Charts Around The World

Madonna is currently #1 in 36 countries around the world with the release of six songs from her forthcoming album Rebel Heart. In virtually every country the songs were released, they held six of the ten slots on the Top 10 iTunes chart. In seven of those countries, she had multiple No. 1's. The single Living for Love is currently No. 1 in 20 countries. The six songs - Living For Love, Devil Pray, Ghosttown, Unapologetic Bitch, Illuminati and Bitch I'm Madonna (featuring Nicki Minaj) - are available here: http://smarturl.it/RebelHeart

The news of the surprise drop came when Madonna posted a link late last night on Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/madonna) announcing the release of the six songs as, "an early Christmas gift" to those that preordered the album. Fans immediately went to iTunes and drove the songs to #1 around the globe. Instantaneously Rebel Heart exploded on social media with the album topping the Billboard Trending 140 Chart. On Facebook ‪#‎Madonna‬ was the #1 trending topic and continues to trend there. Additionally, #Madonna and ‪#‎RebelHeart‬ have been trending on Twitter in the US all day.

Rebel Heart will be released in March 2015 on Interscope Records. Producers include Madonna, Diplo (Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch), Kanye West (Illuminati), Billboard (Ghosttown), DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds (Devil Pray). The album was recorded in London, Los Angeles and New York.

10857817_754223388004790_334495321719589

Guest bluejean

Wow. All the pages of whining in this thread :lol:

For the person who said "maybe the vocals of LFL will sound better when the album is mastered" :rotfl: It will sound exactly the same. Just keep listening until you love it! Madonna doesn't need to change, you do :lol: