REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

I'm not sure I can go to sleep tonight.

After BIM, I've added Heartbreak City, Joan of Arc (which we know is the 8th track on the album based on itunes), and Revolution and this is her best album ever. Goodbye.

Edit: oh yeah, and then Addicted, WAOM, and closing with Rebel Heart.

Goodbye now.

I find it so funny that so many fans treat each new Madonna album as if they're all by a different artist. Do any other artists have to compete with themselves as much as Madonna does?

I know it's natural to compare the past with the present, but I've always taken the new Madonna as she comes each time. I really like LFL and its nothing like vogue, or like a prayer, or nothing fails, or deeper and deeper. It's Living for Love. 😜

this is going to be my favorite Madonna album, and I don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me. I like what I like, and I don't try to force myself to hear an old Madonna reference in a new Madonna song.

Guest Borderline

I find it so funny that so many fans treat each new Madonna album as if they're all by a different artist. Do any other artists have to compete with themselves as much as Madonna does?

I know it's natural to compare the past with the present, but I've always taken the new Madonna as she comes each time. I really like LFL and its nothing like vogue, or like a prayer, or nothing fails, or deeper and deeper. It's Living for Love.

this is going to be my favorite Madonna album, and I don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me. I like what I like, and I don't try to force myself to hear an old Madonna reference in a new Madonna song.

:smooch:

THE SVPERSTAR RANKING

GHOSTTOWN - Instant classic. There are no more words left.

LIVING FOR LOVE - Took me a few listens, but it's really rather brilliant, ain't it?

DEVIL PRAY - I miss the acoustic flair of the demo but the voice here is great. And I dig the very Mumford-and-sons-esque melody.

ILLUMINATI - Preferred the demo which actually went somewhere. This one kinda meanders, though I love the spoken bit.

UNAPOLAGETIC BITCH - Meh. Listenable without being dynamic.

BITCH I'M MADONNA - Clearly her producer was taking all those drugs mentioned in "Devil Prays" when he concocted this. What a mess.

BIM and Illuminati :medusa: are both highly enjoyable and quite funny really.

But the most important thing is we have heartfelt songs again well crafted and produced with amazing vocals:

Devil Pray and Ghosttown !!! :bow:

LFL and UB are great too :)

OK. So i've spread the good word to my friends today.

missionary.jpg

None will buy the album, but they might listen to it. :rotfl:

Has anyone written the lyrics anywhere? I want to start practising for when she comes to Australia :laugh:

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to practice.

People harping about her vocals, the crow effect etc are missing the point. One of the reasons Madonna is such a great singer is her versatility. She sounds different on every song and has multiple styles she likes to employ. If you don't like her voice on the verses, just hold on, because she will showcase another range on the chorus. Listen to "Ghosttown," her vocals are flawless. The "crow" voice, as some of you call her style on "4 Minutes" and the verses of LFL, is not a bad vocal take that "needs to be fixed." It's simply one of her styles that she employs WILLINGLY, and if you don't like it, never fear, her smoother vocals are just around the corner. She is a wonderful vocalist.

+1

same style used in Human Nature.

so far, in order

GHOST TOWN - best ballad in years, by anyone, her voice, the lyrics, the melody, how she sings!!!!

DEVIL PRAY - so unexpected, hope be a single with all the treatment it deserves...can't wait to hear people, young and old, singing on the street "and we can get hig/and we can get stoned/ and we can sniff glue/and we can do E..." :laugh: as i said in the song's thread it gives me Tarantino vibes, i'd see it in his next western movie in a climax scene!!

BITCH I'M MADONNA - so fun and mad!!! how people can't enjoy it??? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????

UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH - i'm all for reggaedonna

LIVING FOR LOVE - don't hate me, it's a great song, i really love it, but there's something that i don't know how to explain...as in some parts i'm expecting something that doesn't arrive, as it's almost unfinished

ILLUMINATI - another totally unexpected song, really love it

if this is the anticipation...WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!! 5 out of 6 are single material, it's all great, the production, the voice, the lyrics....wasn't excited about a madonna album for a long time (and i mean, very, very excited, cause i'm always excited). and i agree with madryan....why always compare and looking for reference for old songs? "it's not LAP, i don't like it"...

it's the NEW MADONNA and i'd like to thank her for all of the actual greatness!!!!