REBEL HEART - the new album. 6 songs OUT NOW on iTunes. QUEEN is No. 1 everywhere

This "don't release the single during Christmas" nonsense is just :laugh:

Like people will not download a a single because too busy! You're all acting like she's coming with a 3 hours movie on Malawi on Christmas day.

Finally some sense.

I'm not holding my breath for a Monday release because everything about this release has been so confusing and unpredictable (which I persobally enioy and think is a great promo strategy, if intentional) - not because she's in Brazil or because it's Christmas.

I'm sure that wouldn't stop her people working for her

or u think she will personally deliver the press release to the news agents?

:chuckle:

You really think that Madonna is the kind of singer who releases a new song without promo? It's not only press release, it's video, TV performance(s) and/or promo tour... And correct me if I'm wrong, but her staff can't do that for her.

I don't know, I'm thinking at least a couple of dozen of the 2.6 million people that follow her on Instagram might be willing to take a second away from their non-stop festive extravaganza to download a single off of iTunes if it dropped during the week of Christmas....

Yeah, we all remember how her 15+ million fans on Facebook bought MDNA after her chat, let's do that again on Instagram this time! #NonTraditional :voiceofreason:

No, really, it won't happen. She'll do at least a few promo herself to launch the lead single...

I'm trying not to get too attached to the demos, but I'm falling in love with them, it's kind of sad to think most of these songs won't make it onto the album, at least we'll still have the demos, but we may never hear the finished products *prays for double album or a deluxe edition with second disc full of bonus tracks*.

I love how everybody is still living in 1995.

I'm not living in 1995, personally I think if she released the track on iTunes on Christmas day the world would go crazy, think about it, everybody is at home with the family, bored, staring at their phones using Facebook, Twitter etc, everyone would know about it. It would be the perfect gift from the queen of pop!

Think about how the world went crazy when Beyonce dropped her album last year out of the blue.

I'm not betting on a Monday release, but it's hardly "stupid" to take advantage of the momentum caused by leaks. As I said ealier in the last thread, a premiere is nothing but that, a premiere. For all we know it's a radio-only exclusive mix or something. AirPlay impact dates happen later anyway. If all yall are too busy having precious times with family, then I'll be surprised to see a few people on this forum on Christmas Day debating why she did or didn't premiere a new song.

I'm not living in 1995, personally I think if she released the track on iTunes on Christmas day the world would go crazy, think about it, everybody is at home with the family, bored, staring at their phones using Facebook, Twitter etc, everyone would know about it. It would be the perfect gift from the queen of pop!

Think about how the world went crazy when Beyonce dropped her album last year.

But radio will be playing Christmas music all week you silly fool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about how the world went crazy when Beyonce dropped her album last year out of the blue.

I'm with you, it's the people that OMG SHE CAN'T RELEASE A SINGLE DURING CRHISTMAS WITHOUT VIDEO/PROMO/WHATEVER that still lives in 1995.

And let' be clear, I'm not saying it's happening for sure because I'm just a normal fan with no insiders and stuff. But it's possible.

This is what MadonnaUnderground posted about the monday release. I know most of you are going to say LIES (like all those songs descriptions were lies :laugh: ) but they usually have good connections.

Of course this is no real confirmation, however we did learn that due to the recent demo leak, plans have changed and shifted. We do have to ‘stay tuned’.

I'm with you, it's the people that OMG SHE CAN'T RELEASE A SINGLE DURING CRHISTMAS WITHOUT VIDEO/PROMO/WHATEVER that still lives in 1995.

You know, Madonna released a lot of albums and lead singles since 1995, and never without video/promo/wathever. And the last time, she did the Super Bowl, she won't go from that to no promo... :blush:

Sorry but some people are daydreaming. Yes, the album leaked and many people said it's great, but it doesn't mean that it could be released now and be a success on its own... Where do these crazy rumors come from? No reliable source...

This is what MadonnaUnderground posted about the monday release. I know most of you are going to say LIES (like all those songs descriptions were lies :laugh: ) but they usually have good connections.

Of course this is no real confirmation, however we did learn that due to the recent demo leak, plans have changed and shifted. We do have to stay tuned.

Thanks for the info! We'll find out #soon :wow:

You know, Madonna released a lot of albums and lead singles since 1995, and never without video/promo/wathever. And the last time, she did the Super Bowl, she won't go from that to no promo... :blush:

Sorry but some people are daydreaming. Yes, the album leaked and many people said it's great, but it doesn't mean that it could be released now and be a success on its own... Where do these crazy rumors come from? No reliable source...

Madonna also did zero promo for the last album (yeah she did the Superbowl...more than one month before the release of the album) only a Facebook interview. Even for Hard Candy there was no the usual tv performance of the single. So what? It's not like her marketing was always the same. There was no real tv promo during the 80s and early 90s aside from the MTV Awards, she really did big promo on tv only from 1994-2005.She never did the same tour twice but in the end she did it with S&S. So everything is really possibile. We also don't know if this possible "christmas week song" is going to be just a buzz single or the real first single. Let's wait and see without jumping to conclusions based on nothing.

Madonna also did zero promo for the last album (yeah she did the Superbowl...more than one moth before the release) only a Facebook interview. So what? It's not like her marketing was always the same. There was no real tv promo during the 80s and early 90s aside from the MTV Awards, she really did big promo on tv only from 1994-2005.She never did the same tour twice but she did it with S&S. So everything is really possibile. We also don't know if this possible "christmas week song" is going to be just a buzz single or the real first single. Let's wait and see without jumping to conclusions based on nothing.

Not to mention little things, like say a whole album's worth of demos leaking, sometimes lead to changes in the best laid plans and the need to do things differently because of the situation ....

IF true, releasing next week would be a master stroke in my opinion. iTunes grossed £77 MILLION on Christmas Day last year (their biggest retail day of 2013) Why? Because people have iTunes vouchers (given as gifts) to spend.

A few well-placed iTunes banners/commercials and she could have some hefty first-week sales. And with virtually no other new releases next week, why not?

Who cares about radio anyway? Surely they'll only be playing Christmas songs until Thursday/Friday. And who's to say they'll play her anyway unless some deal was in place like GMAYL.

Not to mention little things, like say a whole album's worth of demos leaking, sometimes lead to changes in the best laid plans and the need to do things differently because of the situation ....

Yep, she probably wanted to release it in a "traditional way" after the "non traditional promo" mess of MDNA. But shit happens, next time lock the damn demos and keep the key to yourself. It's really sad the Taylor fucking Swift and Beyonce can release an album without this mess, but she can't.

IF true, releasing next week would be a master stroke in my opinion. iTunes grossed £77 MILLION on Christmas Day last year (their biggest retail day of 2013) Why? Because people have iTunes vouchers (given as gifts) to spend.

A few well-placed iTunes banners/commercials and she could have some hefty first-week sales. And with virtually no other new releases next week, why not?

Who cares about radio anyway? Surely they'll only be playing Christmas songs until Thursday/Friday. And who's to say they'll play her anyway unless some deal was in place like GMAYL.

This. Also, in Italy radio hardly plays only Christmas songs during Christmas week :laugh:

Are american radio really all about Christmas music 24/7?

Great point!