Devil Pray Appreciation Thread

Yes!! It has so many fantastic elements, which makes it hard to pinpoint exactly what's so great about it. It's an exceptionally good song.

You hit the nail on the head. The lyrics, the way they are sung, the guitar, the beat...it all works spendidly well.

This is easily among her best compositions and vocals ever. The fact that this and Ghosttown are both all time great status for me makes me absolutely swoon in anticipation of this album.

I live for the way she sings "devil's here to fool ya."

This is easily among her best compositions and vocals ever. The fact that this and Ghosttown are both all time great status for me makes me absolutely swoon in anticipation of this album.

I live for the way she sings "devil's here to fool ya."

God, love that part. This song is perfect. Madonna at her 100%.

Does anybody else kinda hear "House of the Raising Sun" within this song? I keep being reminded of it. I could imagine M doing singing a verse of it during the tour - would be awesome!

I didn't know that song beforehand. I checked it out after several people mentioned this same thing, and I don't really hear it..

so many layers to this song... its amongst her greatest songs ever. does anyone else get and American life album vibe from devil pray?

Def among her greatest ever! and very much in the AL vibe

if she releases as a single.....and gets nominated as song of the year at the grammys....and she performs it live next year....and the following week a +500k sales for the album.....

Guest CzarnaWisnia

i have been sharing this song on my facebook since the first day

but i'm sure none of my friends ever clicked on it... i think they're all tired of my madonna sharings over the years....

you should just share a link announced by a fake and enticing title : "slutty big boobs puts lipstick on her eyelids". They'll click and be wowed in spite of themselves.

My favorite of the six. Cannot stop listening to it; everything about it is amazing. I didn't care for the demo much at first, so I was completely blown away at first listen to the finished version. So much to the song, I just love love love it.

Same here!

Devil Pray is way better than anything in Hard Candy and MDNA (and I like both albums)

I agree and liked them both, too.

It's just about everything and flows perfectly after L4L.

Does anyone else watch Peaky Blinders? I swear, Devil Pray would fit perfectly with that show. Always makes me think of it.

DP is waaaaaaaaaay better tha GB

Hmmm, interesting way of putting it... :think::horny:

I actually have stopped listening to it because I don't want the magic of it to wear off too quickly. I want to hear it with fresh ears in the context of the album.

LOL, this!! I don't want to overplay it and then not feel anything when I hear it again.

Listened on stereo for first time today. Have been listening on headphones for three weeks. Her voice is SO full and rich. She is such a wonderful singer, my God.

I actually have stopped listening to it because I don't want the magic of it to wear off too quickly. I want to hear it with fresh ears in the context of the album.

Yup me too.. I only listen to the demo version now if I miss hearing it..