Devil Pray Appreciation Thread

I really hope DJ Dahi excelled elsewhere as well. He deserves to be her next Stuart Price. The guy is incredible and super humble.

Y'all should check Money Trees and M.E.N. on his soundcloud to get a taste, if you haven't already.

I still can't get enough about this song. A gem! I love it!

My mom said to me that Madonna is the only person in the whole world who makes me say "Hallelujah" :lmao: "Oh well. At least"

still my favourite of the released songs

it's a masterpiece of a song...the music, the melody, the incredible lyrics!!!

still i'm uncertain if it would be a good single choice or not....

I love the demo for this song... it has a very "House of the Rising Sun" melody to it..

So I finally heard one of the earlier versions of this song, and it sounded very medieval to me. Like out of a King Arthur period movie, especially the beginning. Will have to check out House of the Rising Sun...

I really hope DJ Dahi excelled elsewhere as well. He deserves to be her next Stuart Price. The guy is incredible and super humble.

Y'all should check Money Trees and M.E.N. on his soundcloud to get a taste, if you haven't already.

Great post; we probably have just experienced the beginning of what M/Dahi can do together.

Money Trees is awesome, I also like his production on I Don't Fuck With You and Babylon

Help me, I can't stop listening to this song. It's sooo good :inlove:

Ohooooo sing hallelujah

Ohoo save my soul

:drama: :drama: :drama: :drama:

There's a lot going on in this song. It's art.

Yes!! It has so many fantastic elements, which makes it hard to pinpoint exactly what's so great about it. It's an exceptionally good song.

This and Ghosttown are the strongest out of the 6 songs. Although I slightly prefer Ghosttown, I think either Ghosttown or Devil Pray should have been the 1st single for one reason only: those are the strongest tracks. Madge should ve done what she did in the past: release the best songs as singles. LFL still feels like it lacks smth, while Ghosttown and Devil Pray sound perfect!!!

Sadly won't see a single release as it mentions drugs and shit. M hasn't taken risks with her single releases since American Life. And she quickly backed down with promoting that.

Girl Gone Wild was not risky? :madonna2:

GGW ?.. i think it has nothing un-ethical themes by the society :)

but in devilpray, she sings about weed/getting high/drugs...

of course, she's not inviting people to do these things... but there are the people who are ready to critize madonna in every steps :)

Imagine the outcry.

"Madonna promotes getting high and getting stoned!"

People couldn't even grasp MDNA.

This will be the song title that no one gets right, as I have seen it referred to as Devils Pray, Devil's Pray, Devil Prays, and even in this thread title as Make the Devil Pray :laugh: