Devil Pray Appreciation Thread

It seems like there was a major re-write since these lyrics don't mention the "Matrix" line they talked about in the Interview mag piece. But there are also complaints from the supposed co-writers of Ghosttown so I have no idea. It could be a simple mistake from rushing everything to Itunes.

Where have you seen this?

I don't know about E. Kidd Bogart, but from Jason Evigan and Sean Douglas I've seen nothing but praise, though they had no idea whether or not the song would be on the album until it was released.

I love how it sounds like it could have been on American Life, I think her most misunderstood and unfairly maligned work.

Madonna 2014 asks those critics "Oh, maybe you shit heads will get it now?"

Rebel Heart, indeed.

I think this is my most favorite Madonna song of the decade. Such brilliant production. And I hope people can go past the drugs lyrics. So stupid that they misinterpret it.

Anyone else thinks this could be about her brother/s?

Nice song, I like it.

nice?? this song is EPIC!!!!

madonna_neat_costner.gif

:rotfl:

This song is perfection. I can't deal with this masterpiece.

THIS HAS TO BE THE THIRD SINGLE AFTER REBEL HEART.

I KNOW YOU'RE LISTENING M (VIA YOUR MANAGEMENT THAT IS KNOWN TO READ THIS BOARD). AND DON'T SKIMP AND GIVE IT A THIRD-SINGLE-5-BUCK-BUDGET - PUT YOUR HAND IN YOUR OWN POCKET IF YOU MUST. THIS NEEDS A LYNCHESQUE TREATMENT.

YA HEAR ME?!

#sorrynotsorryforallcaps

The demo didn't do much for me at first. It was on the bottom of my list. But the new mix sounds really good! The add production kicked it in the ass! I love it now........ even though the drug listing part makes me cringe a little. :)

Devil Prays proves to me something that I have always thought. People may laugh but Madonna would make an amazing country singer as well. She puts so much empathy and feeling in the way she sings and would amaze country and western fans with her crystal clear and emotive voice. She really is an exceptional singer and does not need to shout or screech. Who else can sing pop, dance, ballads etc - so many genres - with such ease and class. Forget the divas with the huge vocal ranges - they might have bigger voices but can never match her as a singer.

+1 I am still waiting for her Joni Mitchell-esque album she is going to produce with Joe Henry before retiring (you better Madonna!!). :p

Guest bluejean

I have a feeling this will be the second single, but would it be eligible since it was a pre-order track? I'm thinking specifically about the UK.

I don't think this song will be a single.