Post Your Full Reviews Here!

I feel like this should be its own thread. And please, no attacking people for their opinions. We all like different Madonna tracks. That's what makes her so great. She has a diverse catalog of songs. Everyone can find something to like.

These are just my opinions from listening to it for the first time. I'm sure my feeling will change after repeated listening and especially when the final versions are released for some of them.

Unapologetic Bitch

I was not impressed with it at first, but it's growing on me. I like her vocals and lyrics, but the production is so generic. Reminds me of stuff No Doubt/Gwen Stefani did years ago. Aside from that, I don't see how this would work as a single. They'd have to edit "bitch," "fuck," and "shit" out. I'm scared to hear a radio edit. With some major changes, it may have potential, but it's difficult to say in this state.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Hate it. Just sounded like noise to me. Doesn't sound like a song, so it's difficult to review it as if it was. I'm totally ok with this just being on Diplo's album, if those rumors are true. I'd be fine with never hearing this again. lol

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Ah! Finally! A good song. I agree with people who said it has a Hole vibe about it. It also reminds of something that would be on American Life. I think this has major single potential.

Borrowed Time

Really great. Yes, the production is generic, but with some work, it could be something great. It would be single potential if not for the lyrics. They aren't going to play "bomb" and "gun" on the radio.

Heartbreak City

This song is ok. Maybe with a few more listens it'll sink in. Her vocals and lyrics are great though. The song needs a little something extra. Maybe a breakdown in the middle or the end. Again, she ruined any possibility of it being a single with the cursing. I wish she's stop that. It's really unnecessary. Yes, I know that "fucked" and "shitty" can be edited out, but I hate it when radio edits do that.

Illuminati

This song's a lot of fun. It's like a roller coaster. I like the acoustic parts and how the beat kicks in. I'm not a fan of name dropping in general, but it works here. Not sure if this would work as a single though. I'll need a few more listens for it to sink in properly.

Joan Of Arc

My favorite song of all. So beautiful. Her voice sounds perfect. The melody is gorgeous. It will never be a single and that's really sad. I really wish she still released ballads as singles. I know a lot will not agree with this, but I feel this song blows all the others out of the water.

Living 4 Love (Carry On)

It's shocking how different the production of this track is in comparison to everything else. It's severely dated. Very 90's. This could have been a bonus track on the Immaculate Collection. I don't see it as a single at all. It wouldn't work on radio in its current state. If this ends up on the album, I hope the music is completely different. I like the choir, but wish it was more prominent, like on Nothing Fails. I wish that the part at the end didn't fade off. It would have been great to keep that part going on for a bit.

Make The Devil Pray

This sounds like something Miley Cyrus would sing. Not feeling it. Her voice sounds great, but it's a bit too country for me.

Messiah

I'm also not feeling this one. It's missing something, but I do like the violins.

Rebel Heart

I think this song still has the best hit potential of all the leaks so far. It should be the first single.

Revolution

I like it. It reminds me of KT Tunstall's "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree." I don't see it as a single, but it makes a great album track. I would like her to make more acoustic songs with this energy. This is the energy that "Make The Devil Pray" and "Messiah" are missing.

Wash All Over Me

I still think the production of this track is all over the place. It sounds like 3 different songs edited together. The vocals and lyrics are great, but the production ruins it. There should be more consistency going on. I'm fine with this being on the deluxe edition as a bonus track if it stays as is. Hopefully, it's been reworked. I would love to hear the rumored ballad version because I feel that her vocals are too melancholy sounding to be paired with a dance beat.

There is a prominent "western" vibe to some songs. I suspect, but I could be wrong, that this is Avicii's contribution. This vibe showed up on his album and also on a few other EDM songs a year ago.

I wonder if this western vibe will remain given the fact that he is not really on board anymore(?) and/or that these songs were recorded during the initial stages of recording.

IMHO the standouts are joan of arc, messiah, unapologetic bitch, rebel heart, make the devil pray, living for love

the rest tends to sound the same, but i will have to listen to it a few more times

Addicted

Guitars, hauting vocals, a strong 90's production. The "aviici" sound after the chorus kinda takes some of the shine away. But it is an amazing song.

BIM

Need to go. Sounds like Miley, sounds like shit.

Borrowed time

Sad vocals, amazing melody. Very western, very "let's lay down to watch the sunset". Love it.

Heartbreak City

Pop perfection. Lyrics and melodies are perfect. The "aaa aaa aaah" will be AMAZING live with the crowd singing along.

Illuminati

Please. NO!!!!!!

Joan of Arc

Amazing Ballad. The chorus is strong. The kind of song you listen to relate to.

Living for Love

I hope Diplo changed it A LOT. It sounds like M People. Like a song from some British romantic comedy.

Devil Pray

Another Western. 70's folk, beautiful lyrics, it MUST stay on the record.

Messiah

I really thought it would be the next Frozen. No. It's strange. It doesn't build up.

Rebel Heart

THIS SHOULD BE THE FIRST SINGLE. The strongest song of the bunch. I LOVE IT!

Revolution

Good song. Not great.

UB

No, no...just NO! VERY Gwen.

WAOM

Love it. Like an unreleased song from Erotica sessions.

Guest toomawashi

Judging by these demos I would not have cared if she released this as a ballads album. Melodies are so good, her voice is fantastic. If and when it goes wrong it is because of generic sounding EDM production. In conclusion: these songs have so much potential I am curious to hear of her multitude of hipster can get it to full bloom #fingerscrossed

so this is my tracklisting...

HEARTBREAK CITY

i get a weird feeling this is going to turn into a dance song but i like it as is. and then there's the last line... which made me laugh out loud. not sure i was supposed to do that.

REBEL HEART

it's soOO good. i love it just the way it is.

BORROWED TIME

unnecessary auto tune... warm and gets shockingly good

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

this one turns into something a little out of this world. yes! ... get rid of the whole addicted shit. remember MDNA? it's unnecessary

JOAN OF ARC

it feels so obvious that this is for rocco with the whole 'soldier' reference. i don't think i've ever teared up at a madonna song - ever. it works because it fucks with the image i have of her. it's beautiful.

BITCH I'M MADONNA

i am soo over her name-dropping herself so i wasn't looking forward to this one at all. but it's a helluva lot of fun! except.... the MWAHAHA-AH-AH-AH-AH stupid ass evil laugh sounding thing at the end. it reminded me of that batman movie where the jokers laughing box was found.

LIVING 4 LOVE

i was turned off by the layered vocals at the beginning but eh... i love the shit out of this! of all of these songs, this is so OBVIOUSLY a demo. i hear it for what it has the potential to become.... AND I LOVE IT.

MAKE THE DEVIL PRAY

this song has a lot of balls. i felt pretty hard core listening to it. i love her raw voice here. sooo much.

ILLUMINATI

i guess there's some hate for this one... and i was all set up to hate it... and then i started dancing my ass off to it. something about the way she sings "illuminati" that is just so ICONIC and SO MADONNA. like she sings it with a smile or something, i don't know... the song has a lot of energy and i'm here for it.

UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH

madonna's favorite word pops up again... i hate this sped up voice that she's used on like 'girls gone wild' and a lot of 'hard candy.' then she kinda gets me at the second part of the chorus and i love it... and then she drops an eff bomb. ok i don't hate it. but it's not my favorite. infact it could be a single. but --- the voice.

WASH ALL OVER ME

as is, this song sounds like a rejected track from some other album. the lyrics are phenom but that is a constant through pretty much all of this collection. 'who am i to decide what should be done...' the way she sings that is sooo much. please let this song be a ballad as it wishes to be.

REVOLUTION

ok... i was like eh at first... but then i listened to it and the melody is fantastic and the song wants to be besties with 'pale tute' which i stan hard for so... i'm loving it. the breakdown reminds me a little of that "take that money, watch it burn" song.

MESSIAH

remember the rumor that this song was going to be in 'the giver.' this is a movie soundtrack song. she goes hard in the chorus but i think maybe she needs to go a little bit harder. this is madonna becoming a disney princess. who knew... but she's a good one =)

concluding:

i know i'm preaching to the choir but underneath everything she does is her voice. and i can hear her voice throughout most of this collection and i love it. i am thinking the final record is going to be a whole lot more like the bitches songs rather than the acoustic guitar stuff... but who knows?

for now i'm calling this "REBEL HEART" and i feel grateful to be able to hear these songs in this form. most of this collection sounds like what 'american life' wanted so badly to be. rockdonna. she wants it so bad. and she did it.

madonna has balls again. and i think aviccii (sp) did fucking fabulous. #unapologeticSTAN

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

this one turns into something a little out of this world. yes! ... get rid of the whole addicted shit. remember MDNA? it's unnecessary

I agree that the song shouldn't be called Addicted. Is it true that she wanted to call it TOTGA, but Katy Perry named a song that first? Well, I don't think that should matter. Nevertheless, I think "Attracted To The Dark" is a much better title. Especially since the word dark is used on most of the songs.

Addicted

Guitars, hauting vocals, a strong 90's production. The "aviici" sound after the chorus kinda takes some of the shine away. But it is an amazing song.

I would love a guitars-up version where they replace the usual Aviici keyboard, instrumental reprise breakdown with an industrial guitar solo.

this album sounds very personal like american life but not as good. the lyrics are so powerful and sad. i love a few songs and dislike a few as well. i think there are too many slow guitar filled songs. i hope the final product has more upbeat songs to balance out the sadness of this record. these demos have the feel of 3 of her past albums (ROL, MUSIC AND AMERICAN LIFE) a lot feel dated and not fresh but her voice is beautiful in almost every song. i truly loved reading everyones reviews and what was liked and disliked :)

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY- perfect as is love this song- should keep on album

BITCH I'M MADONNA- very cute upbeat song. a little childish but i like it alot -should keep on album

Borrowed time- so very sad but beautiful. my 14 year old son loves this song so much. should keep on album

HEARTBREAK CITY- really beautiful sad lyrics but it needs something additional. maybe it should be changed to a dance song - she should keep this one if its changed a little

ILLUMINATI- i personally do not like this song and does she name drop gaga in the begining? uggg hopefully doesnt make the album

JOAN OF ARC- her best song .i love this one so much. gives me goosebumps when i hear it. the most beautiful song i have heard in years. its perfect

LIVING 4 LOVE- sounds dated to me i do not like this one so much. hope this one is not on the album.

MAKE THE DEVIL PRAY- this song is odd to me. a very country gospel song. her voice is perfect though. im torn on this one...

MESSIAH- another sad slow song i could live without

REBEL HEART- perfect as is

REVOLUTION- hate it . reminds me of that group Basque musicians Kalakan trio she had on her tour with her.

UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH- its cute but so beneath her. dont want it heard by the world. sounds very immature

WASH ALL OVER ME- good as is or can be improved. this song has so much potential to be a mega hit

Here is my review. Overall I really like the leaked demos and hope those 8 tracks do make the cut:

Rebel Heart (10/10) It just has this universal appeal and would be awesome as the lead single. Very mainstream. It is so very sweet and catchy. It has this unique quality stemming from its original melody. A melody of a classic. I would love this to be also the album opener since it sets such a great vibe.

Unapologetic Bitch (8/10) I do really like it. It has something very special. Something you can not point out instantly. Sounds a bit like No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, but could also be on the next Rihanna album. Should definitely be a single.

Illuminati (8/10) Interesting accoustics, it`s very different though it`s probably the one song of all the demos that sounds the most Madonna, I think because she delivers it with those typical Madonna vocals which are just great. Really like it.

Heartbreak City (6/10) Great intense start that sets the tone for this song. I think it`s the backing vocals that make this song. Not so much Madonnas voice. I would love more choir in this and less Madonna. Maybe also less swearing. The Michael Jackson sample strangely suits it really well.

Addicted (The One That Got Away) (8/10) I hear Shirley Manson singing this... very Garbage with this vintage Abba opening. The raw production and powerful chorus make this track so good and shifts it past tracks like Revolution or Make the Devil Pray (I am comparing because they all have this American Life/Music vibe, this folk element). Though with a more disco-like production it would have also been perfect on the Confessions Album.

Bitch I`m Madonna (5/10) I really like it, this surely is the song where the opinions differ the most. But guys, it`s not just noise. It`s a really fun dance track.

Make The Devil Pray (6/10) Like it a lot. But her squeaky voice annoys me a little in the verses in this production, in general I really like this catchy campfire song, has some medieval vibe to it also with its opening.

Joan of Arc (4/10) Listening to the demos... I thought... wow... with this project I do like the faster songs more, though Joan of Arc is nice, I like it more than Messiah, it`s got a fetching melody and sounds so very pure and neat.

I hope these do not make the cut:

Messiah (2/10) This would be good as a closing credit song to a big romantic movie, I do hope this does not make the cut. It`s quite boring.

Revolution (2/10) American Life meets Avicii, nothing special, but I love it when she sings: Constitutiooon!

Wash All Over Me (3/10) It is just not very catchy or memorable to me. Though I like the production.

Living For Love (2/10) I really can`t get into this one, I tried it several times since this is rumoured to be the first single, it just sounds so very 90s, but not in a good way. Addicted sounds also very 90s with it`s Garbage-like sound like "Only Happy When It Rains", but LFL reminds me just of those generic 90s disco-tracks. I hope it will grow on me since this will definitely will make it on the album.

Borrowed Time (2/10) Don`t really care for it.

Here is my review. Overall I really like the leaked demos and hope those 8 tracks do make the cut:

Rebel Heart (10/10) It just has this universal appeal and would be awesome as the lead single. Very mainstream. It is so very sweet and catchy. It has this unique quality stemming from its original melody. A melody of a classic. I would love this to be also the album opener since it sets such a great vibe.

Unapologetic Bitch (8/10) I do really like it. It has something very special. Something you can not point out instantly. Sounds a bit like No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, but could also be on the next Rihanna album. Should definitely be a single.

Illuminati (8/10) Interesting accoustics, it`s very different though it`s probably the one song of all the demos that sounds the most Madonna, I think because she delivers it with those typical Madonna vocals which are just great. Really like it.

Heartbreak City (6/10) Great intense start that sets the tone for this song. I think it`s the backing vocals that make this song. Not so much Madonnas voice. I would love more choir in this and less Madonna. Maybe also less swearing. The Michael Jackson sample strangely suits it really well.

Addicted (The One That Got Away) (8/10) I hear Shirley Manson singing this... very Garbage with this vintage Abba opening. The raw production and powerful chorus make this track so good and shifts it past tracks like Revolution or Make the Devil Pray (I am comparing because they all have this American Life/Music vibe, this folk element). Though with a more disco-like production it would have also been perfect on the Confessions Album.

Bitch I`m Madonna (5/10) I really like it, this surely is the song where the opinions differ the most. But guys, it`s not just noise. It`s a really fun dance track.

Make The Devil Pray (6/10) Like it a lot. But her squeaky voice annoys me a little in the verses in this production, in general I really like this catchy campfire song, has some medieval vibe to it also with its opening.

Joan of Arc (4/10) Listening to the demos... I thought... wow... with this project I do like the faster songs more, though Joan of Arc is nice, I like it more than Messiah, it`s got a fetching melody and sounds so very pure and neat.

I hope these do not make the cut:

Messiah (2/10) This would be good as a closing credit song to a big romantic movie, I do hope this does not make the cut. It`s quite boring.

Revolution (2/10) American Life meets Avicii, nothing special, but I love it when she sings: Constitutiooon!

Wash All Over Me (3/10) It is just not very catchy or memorable to me. Though I like the production.

Living For Love (2/10) I really can`t get into this one, I tried it several times since this is rumoured to be the first single, it just sounds so very 90s, but not in a good way. Addicted sounds also very 90s with it`s Garbage-like sound like "Only Happy When It Rains", but LFL reminds me just of those generic 90s disco-tracks. I hope it will grow on me since this will definitely will make it on the album.

Borrowed Time (2/10) Don`t really care for it.

Ahhhh!!!! My best ones are in your worst. That is crazy. 😳😳😳😳 messiah is EVERYTHING.

So far I'm all about Rebel Heart, sorry. Instant, universal and def. anthem potential. As it is is great. If it got even more polished w/ a harder rock/electronic sound could only get more epic.

This can t be happening. This is so sad.Everything leaked?I haven't heard anything but i m so dissapointed by how things are evolving.Wish we could be in the 90s again when we waited to here the new song on the radio or watch the video in MTV.At least, the ones that heard the songs do you think it s gonna be a good record?

Oh and really like the production of Wash All Over Me but its too clunky and the versus/lyrics dont really mesh w/ the beats at least so far. Had/has the potential of being way way better and possibly a big hit...just needs more work.

HEARTBREAK CITY_ The verses are everythang, she feels comfortable on them but the chorus gives me the opposite reaction, not memorable and boring. (5/10)

ADDICTED_ verses remind me of Addicted from Avicii , I find it too similar, apart from the chorus which which is good though. I like the song overall but I find it too disconnected. It does not convince me. (5/10)

BITCH I'M MADONNA_ this is great , It seems the most cohesive and strong track. The melody on the verses + the breakdown are really enjoyable. Not a masterpiece but to keep definitely. (6/10)

BORROWED TIME_ it starts with the country vibe of I'm addicted but the verses flow into the chorus in a more cohesive way . And I love the chorus and then the Avicii instrumental is dope. To keep. Lyrically is good. (7/10)

ILLUMINATI_this song is just ok, I do not like the rap, melody is better but forgettable, I would always skip this song. Personally I would not put it in the album. (5/10)

JOAN OF ARC_ to me the best ballad among the demos. TO KEEP (6/10)

LIVING FOR LOVE_sure this will be on the album. One of the best songs, but to me the chorus needs to be reworked , and also the instrumental post chorus. Hope they change those parts and make the track a revision but more contemporary .(8/10)

THE DEVIL PRAYS_ this is similar to first aid king -the lion's roar . And I prefer Borrowed time over this (4/10)

MESSIAH_disappointed with this. Cheesy and generic. Hope it will be reworked. (5/10)

REBEL HEART_among the songs I've heard this should be the lead single.(9/10)

REVOLUTION_do not like this at all. the classic filler. (4/10)

UNAPOLOGETIC BITCH_Love the intro. Love the hook and chorus and as shazam suggest Nicki Minaj will be on this and she will rock the song. I hope Nicki appears all over the song cause it sounds a bit flat. But it has potential (8/10)

WASH ALL OVER ME_ love this one too. not generic. (8/10)