New Album Discussion - IF YOU ASK FOR A LINK YOU'LL BE BANNED

mnino

I agree the sound of BIM is really old already, dub step is just awful.

Compared to all the other tracks which have a timeless quality, it sticks out like a sore thumb...

I do really like the reggae/dub flavour of UB though, but that's a more classic sound.

BIM: I don't want anything on the album that sound like Skrillex… just No.

The Bitch tracks and possibly also Illuminati.

It seems that the leaked demo of "Living for Love" is a very early version produced by Disclosure, before it was reworked by Diplo.

Disclosure on Living For Love makes sense. Sounds just like them. If Diplo produced Illuminati then great, one song I like from Diplo. lol

See I don't know what it is
But I'm attracted to the dark
And it was easy to predict

You were gonna be the one who broke my heart
You were gonna be the one who told me to walk
Make me fall right on the knees and start to pray
You were gonna be the one that got away

madonna-gambler-o.gif

Disclosure on Living For Love makes sense. Sounds just like them. If Diplo produced Illuminati then great, one song I like from Diplo. lol

Didn't Disclosure say they weren't working with Madonna?

I agree the sound of BIM is really old already, dub step is just awful.

Compared to all the other tracks which have a timeless quality, it sticks out like a sore thumb...

I do really like the reggae/dub flavour of UB though, but that's a more classic sound.

BIM: I don't want anything on the album that sound like Skrillex… just No.

As much as I don't like BIM, imagine it live! It would be great! Maybe as an interlude.

I know, but Diplo producing LFL just doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound like him at all. But maybe it is. Do any Diplo songs have that '90s house sound?

I can't use enough words to say how good all the songs are.

Now I’m in the middle of hearbreak city
Cause I’m in the middle of a world not pretty

You never gained the best of me
But you ain’t gonna get the rest of me
Cause I’m in heartbreak city

ibzAk7ZgxrY5QV.gif

Disclosure have a habit of not disclosing (no pun intended) who they are working with until the releases are officially announced.

Similarly, Benny Benassi denied that he was working on MDNA until the album was officially announced in a press release specifically mentioning him as a co-producer.

I think that's best for Disclosure to say because what if she doesn't use the song or has it remixed by someone else? The opposite is Diplo saying his track is gonna be the first single. Is he really so sure?

And the vocals on this album are better than anything since at least ROL, but they're also entirely different than ROL vocals. They're so crystal clear and up front, not buried in the music, not muffled, and barely tampered with except for a couple songs. I know these are just demos and I keep telling myself not to expect them to remain the way they are, and who knows which ones will even make it to the album, but I can honestly say the only song I'm not crazy about is Bitch I'm Madonna and, let's face it, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It is very apparent that she put a great deal of work into this album and was quite inspired. It's also apparent that she's endured a great deal of pain in recent years. :( Unfortunately, the best art is usually created from pain.

Living For Love is the one i'm listening to the most. It's just....EVERYTHING.

I bet the album version will be EPIC and i PRAY she will release it as the first single with a killer video, it screams #1!

Unapologetic Bitch has really connected with me. It's not a fun or immature track. The lyrics actually reflect how hurt she is. The chorus is melancholy and sad and despite the fact she claims to be over it, and angry as fuck, that in itself suggests how hurt and sad she really is.

I FUCKING love this one. All of them anyway.

Unapologetic Bitch has really connected with me. It's not a fun or immature track. The lyrics actually reflect how hurt she is. The chorus is melancholy and sad and despite the fact she claims to be over it, and angry as fuck, that in itself suggests how hurt and sad she really is.

I FUCKING love this one. All of them anyway.

YES! I was expecting something totally different, based solely on the title. What an incredibly pleasant surprise. And so sad.

Guys, you know madonna said that half of these won't be on the album. So

1. Rebel Heart

2. Living For Love

3. Unapologetic Bitch

4. Bitch I'm Madonna

5. Messiah

6. Devil Prays

7. Wash all over me

will be for sure. from the most commonly used in hashtag and interwievs. and we can add borrowed time and joan of arc. she used and shared photo for once.

and total we have more than half??? oh my :(

I couldn't see "Addicted" too. She never used and talked about it. :( "definitely ll be on album" as Madonnarama said.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since everyone is now throwing in their two cents....

"Living For Love" is absolutely the most rich, euphoric song I've heard from Madonna in god knows how long. I've been waiting for a song like this...and a return of this house sound...for god knows how long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This fits right in with some of the best of her catalogue, including Like a Prayer, Vogue, Deeper and Deeper, Rescue Me, etc...

I just can't stop listening to it. I can't. Pure addiction. And for all those putting it down, saying it's "not single material".... I can't fuck witchu.

I can only imagine what the final version is going to be like with more chorus, more gospel, mixing, etc....... this one BETTER make the album.

Audiences are going to go APE SHIT over this when done live on stage. This HAS TO BE on the tour.

This has international hit single written all over it. FIRST single material. Period.

Mother of god................ #LIVING FOR LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long live the motherfuckin' QUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer-lewis-passing-out.gifjennifer-lewis-passing-out.gif

:rotfl:

This song didn't really connect with me at first because I thought certain parts spoiled it, but I fucking love it now.

I can't wait to hear the final version. It needs more chorus, more gospel and more Alicia (?). It could be the next LAP if done right.

Borrowed Time and Heartbreak City are amazing! I thought Borrowed Time was cheesy at first, but Madonna hasn't sung a melancholic hook like that in a really long time. Heartbreak City just feels like everything she is singing. The whole leak is fantastic as far as I'm concerned and it's only Messiah and Revolution that I find slightly underwhelming, which is weird because I expected Messiah to be more developed, but who knows how it will end up. The rest I can totally hear how they could be adapted to any style and they'd still have substance.

I love Unapologetic Bitch, and as much as I think it would be an oddball first single, I think it works. It's catchy as fuck. It would take that Diplo lunacy to the mainstream, and I mean people who only listen to Radio One or Z100.

she wrote more material than the stolen demos, the one with MNEK at least and really DJ Dahi & Blood Diamonds said "writting" not just producing since he said it completly changed his mind on collaborating with an artist and they were writing together in the studio so there are more tracks to look up to :)

New Blood Diamonds track "dreams", maybe a hint of the sound Madonna chose to take during the process of recording

http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/Blood_Diamonds_-_Dreams.mp3

I wish she made a call to some familiar music video directors of her. MDNA was an upgrade, but she still can much more. Music videos is the way a lot of people "listen" to songs nowadays and I include myself in that. She always had GREAT music videos.

I miss directors who know the importance of light and camera work! I miss directors who know what a goddess she is and did portray her like one!

I know her focus nowadays is the tour and I'm not bashing her. She has reasons to. But I wished she put more importance in her music videos like she used to. She was one of the first artists that made them a thing! And look how big they are today! Give a call to David Fincher, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, Fabien Baron, Mark Romanek and even Mert and Marcus.

This is not complaining btw! I'm sure I will be able to enjoy whatever video she releases, as I always did! :tigger:

I know, but Diplo producing LFL just doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound like him at all. But maybe it is. Do any Diplo songs have that '90s house sound?

I don't think so, but if she asks Diplo for 90's house, he has to deliver. Didn't he say in an interview, or on Instagram, like, last summer, that Armand Van Helden taught him how to do house beats wth an 808?