New album thread: be careful (or this thread will be GONE #SOON)

Je5u5

I can see how some could hear "Rihanna," however there's an extra syllable between that and "new world order" that doesn't make any sense. If you listen carefully, you can definitely hear "behind the curtain of the new world order," except it's edited together really closely (like her verses on "Why's It So Hard") and the low quality makes it hard to hear. But it's definitely not "Rihanna."

I can see how some could hear "Rihanna," however there's an extra syllable between that and "new world order" that doesn't make any sense. If you listen carefully, you can definitely hear "behind the curtain of the new world order," except it's edited together really closely (like her verses on "Why's It So Hard") and the low quality makes it hard to hear. But it's definitely not "Rihanna."

:thumbsup:

What happened with these lyrics?

Your love's got me like super energetic
down on my knees I'm feeling so magnetic
but tomorrow i'll be like unsympathetic
I always was the bitch thats unapologetic
unapologetic unapologetic unapologetic
and I'm not giving up on my crown
Oh, and that snippet from the Day 1 rough demo that was like: Unapologetic... Yeah
:dead:

Sounds like a rap that Minaj may sing then...

but she does still mention Rihanna in the song, just not there xo

Edited by Shan

"Unapologetic Bitch" sounds great!! I love it :)

"Living For Love" doesn't blow me away (yet),but I'm sure that this is just a demo.The released version will be better,I'm sure.

I definitely can wait to hear the music, i'm more eager about knowing dates, that is what i find mean... An estimated release date is on the table for months now, then just do a little announcement to keep us waiting woman!

I don't know if I like Living for Love but I love how all the songs feel as a collection. LFL has its place. I LOVE UB and Illuminati.

And for some crazy reason, when I hear that opening melody she sings in illuminati, I hear the don't call me baby line..."you got your other baby that'll never do" lol that old song (which I did love)

I think my two faves right now are UB (you guys know I love Grace Jones and it's like bedtime stories with Björk...so I'm in😍😍😍😍 with the production )and that short clip I heard of Messiah.

Living For Love sounds like Madonna from 1990, which is always good :). It sounds so early 90ties, I love it!!!

UB gets me going, but I think LFL is more true to her.

They all sound like they are totally Madonna, which was a huge relief for me because I was already so excited by Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me being such quintessential Madonna melodies. Outside of them being in crap quality, I was impressed by each of them!!!!

I think Unapologetic Bitch is the new Material Girl for sure, and my only reservation for it being a first single would be because we don't know if the public will want to deal with Madonna the 56 year old mother of four in such an aggressive role. The first single sets the tone for the album, and so this one should be like Human Nature, and come later. What came into my mind was that she's doing Gwen Stefani the way that Gwen Stefani wishes she could do it. You know. Without the gums and the shrillness.

Living For Love is like Vogue/Rescue Me/Deeper and Deeper meets Finally by Cece Peniston. Classic early 90's house, but probably with more modern effects and having the gospel choir is gonna make it crescendo like fucking crazy. Her voice totally sounds like it has traces of that Rescue Me/Deeper and Deeper/Girlie Show power vocal growl. Yay!

Illuminati sounds like one of my favorite kinds of Madonna track. Sort of dark and mysterious. Like a mix of Paradise (Not For Me), American Life and Nobody's Perfect, but with a more aggressive tone. Bring it!

Her voice sounds so warm and soft and velvety in Joan Of Arc. I can't tell what I think of it as a ballad because ballads need a context, and I don't know what she's singing about or how the song progresses. It might be a little too saccharine for me, but to hear that voice with any semi-decent melody will be a dream.

There. I just wanted to add a little positivity in the doom and gloom of the idea that these clips are bad for her career. Madonna has one of the most, if not the most, anticipated albums of the coming year. Everyone wants Madonna to do Madonna, and we all know that there are way too many Madonnas to prefer or dislike in terms of her musical oeuvre because she's done so many types of music. But it sounds to me like writing and recording so many songs with different songwriters who obviously get who and what Madonna is has given her a pretty hugely amazing body of material to choose from. Shitty clips are all we have for now, and so I will continue to hope that nothing leaks in greater quality or longer format because I will be so psyched if I get to have that day when I get to listen to the album when it is finished and ready for release, unhindered by the lack of surprise because I already heard it all before.

Btw, if it should fall into my hands a few days before, I will not be able to resist because I will be telling myself that it isn't piracy when you have a digital pre-sale mp3 album, you've gifted it to five other people, you've order the regular and limited copy of the CD, and the vinyl because even though you don't have a turntable, you just love to have a larger cover to look at. :)

I think if we hear 10 second clips of poor quality and they can create so much excitement within the fanbase, it seems like we have a lot to look forward to, and it seems like it's looking really likely that the world is gonna come along for the ride this time!

xo

Edited by MLVCPR