Madonna's OWN favorite and least favorite Madonna songs!

LHakaLH

I remember reading in a old interview that Madonna's favorite song of hers is Live To Tell, but I'm not sure if that's still true today. Maybe she changed her mind.

She once called Cherish 'retarded', that she came up with it on a whim, and no longer likes it. Can't say I blame her b/c I think that song is kinda crappy and cheesy myself.

MADGE FANS --- Aside from those two examples, has she ever said what other songs of hers she likes and what songs she dislikes? Can someone list them and what she has said about each song?

Also, has she said which is her fav and least fav album of hers?

Her favs:

Human Nature

Candy Shop

ROL

LAP

Her retards:

True Blue

Cherish

Material Girl

Into the Groove

Who's that Girl

Causing a Commotion

Amrican Pie

Fav album:

MDNA

Retard album:

Who's That Girl

She definitely loves Candy Shop and Human Nature :chuckle:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly during one of the MDNA twitter chats, Katy perry asked which of her "transformations" was her favorite and she said Ray of light

She said once Live To Tell had the best lyrics. But I always seem to remember her saying her favorite was Ray of Light. I don't think that changed.

About albums, she said on her reddit Q&A last year her favorite was Ray of Light. I doubt she would address any of her albums as "least favorite", but if she had to, I guess she would name the first one because - "I can't even remember my first record".

She's also said that she liked the Erotica album in the 2012 Larry Flick interview and said it was a 'deeply misunderstood record".

Yes.

And during that reddit chat last year she said "great record" when a fan asked her about Erotica.

"Live to Tell" has always been a favorite of hers- in the 2009 Rolling Stone interview, she used it as an example of, "will I be rembered for doing this, or for Live to Tell?" In that same interview, I think she also said "Beautiful Stranger" was a favorite of hers.

I thought she recently told Cynthia McFadden during the 'reductive" interview that Holiday was one of her favs. Maybe it was her favorite to perform?

I think she must hate on Angel too, unfortunately. Cherish is certainly her ugly red headed step child. Poor Cherish. Can't she just love it for its cuteness and simplicity?

The interview where she said that about Cherish is the Rolling Stone magazine in 2009, right?

She said Sorry is retarded too :smile:

In one of radio interviews for Hard Candy in 2008 she chose Beautiful Stranger to hear.

I thought she recently told Cynthia McFadden during the 'reductive" interview that Holiday was one of her favs. Maybe it was her favorite to perform?

Yeah, she's said Holiday is one of her faves among her hits a few times. I think it's in terms of a live performance though, which would make sense with that song.

I doubt she would address any of her albums as "least favorite", but if she had to, I guess she would name the first one because - "I can't even remember my first record".

Remember the Madonna Rising special? She didn't say she hated or disliked Bedtime Stories, but she did say it was difficult to make it cohesive due to so many producers.

@ 1:25

I agree with her, two of her very worst singles.

I'm also not a fan of Cherish and Sorry. Retarded is a great way to describe them, but she also mentioned Into The Groove which is mind-blowing because that's my fav M song of all time. :(