NEW Madonna Instagram Thread

svperstar

Rather ridiculous considering Madonna is loved in the black community. She even got a pass for using the n word. :lmao:

To be fair this will all blow over. These insta controversies don't go far.

Yup!!

Media here will focus on Prince Andrew sex claim tomorrow lol

It's 2 days into 2015 and she's already pissing ppl off. Plus, her body's bangin'! She's gotta fire underneath her this era. I can't fucking wait, I just can't.

I just don't get it. MLK, Bob Marley and Mandela are all huge inspirations to the woman. She isn't allowed to post about them because they're black?

I hate Earth

This. Million times. How stupid and ignorant people can be?

I wish to God she'd post one of Jesus with the wires. I'm sorry but people are stupid as fuck. She is honoring her heroes you motherfucking media fuck fools.

The shit she is getting over the instagram pictures on twitter is beyond

People say the most disgusting things about her, it may sound silly but I hate seeing people bash her and the disgusting things they say it upsets me.

Oh I somehow missed the Jesus! Did that get flak? You need to NOT read comments ever. I trained myself not to because I swear I was going to have a stroke.

EW article. Worst type of ageism at work.

Madonna's social media thirst is reaching dangerous levels

By Miles Raymer on Jan 2, 2015 at 3:23PM

Being a pop-culture icon is tough work. The rare Brando type aside, most of them don’t ever want to give up the spotlight they’ve earned, and that tends to involve keeping up with what the kids think is cool these days. And since that grows logarithmically more difficult with every passing year, it often ends in tragedy.

Madonna’s been struggling to keep up recently, working with producers who seem to McConaughey-ishly stay the same age as she keeps getting older, dropping embarrassingly clumsy drug references to try and appeal to a dance music crowd she shouldn’t even have to court, and basically squandering several decades’ worth of legendary coolness for the sake of a failing personal brand.

Her most egregious attempts to maintain her relevancy are on her social media accounts. There, her frequent missteps are usually just the sort of thing we’ve come to expect from any middle-aged mother of four with an Instagram account, like posting flagrantly bad Photoshop jobs and meme images that are visibly worn out from having taken a lap around the Internet already, or showing off familiarity with recently-past-its-prime slang. Most of it’s just sadly thirsty, like she’s hocking her past triumphs in a losing game to seem hip—why bother referencing Warhol and Haring in hastily Photoshopped ads for your new record when the two of them actually collaborated on a piece about you back in the day?

Today, though, she’s decided to step things up a notch with a series of posts in which photos of dead political revolutionaries are edited (again, badly) to overlay their visages with the bondage-y cords wrapped around her own face on the cover of her upcoming Rebel Heart album (images below). It’s distasteful on a multitude of levels. The obvious one is that Martin Luther King, Jr. didn’t make his “I Have a Dream” speech in order to promote a rich white woman’s record a half century later. And the fact that she’s co-opting the images of three of the most influential figures in the modern struggle for black liberation—King, Nelson Mandela, and Bob Marley—while America struggles to reckon with its history of systematic racism is bafflingly tone deaf, to say the least.

But her mini-campaign’s most disappointing element is how unoriginal it is. Advertisers have been using King as an unwilling pitch man for so long that the concept’s become an ad-world cliché. Apple’s Think Different campaign, which Madonna’s tweets seem designed to echo, already used Mandela. Madonna built an empire off her willingness to push the envelope, but her revolutionary aspect seems to have lost as much of its spark as her music. She can still push our buttons, but it’s no longer clear why she’s doing it, or why we want her pushing them.

Oh I somehow missed the Jesus! Did that get flak? You need to NOT read comments ever. I trained myself not to because I swear I was going to have a stroke.

Oh yeah, that got a lot of flak also on her IG. But since she has always pissed off the religious types, it didn't get as much coverage in the mainstream media.

People are so over-sensitive and precious today. Always trying to find something to be offended about. Anyone who knows anything about Madonna knows she is not racist. So many serious dreadful things happening in the world and the media and PC brigade get all upset over this . If people bothered to read her Instagram, she has been posting photos of so many people that she loves and admires with her Rebel Heart strings. She admires MLK, Mandela and Bob Marley greatly. There is no sinister meaning at all.

I am reading these articles and am at an utter loss as to HOW she is "sparking outrage." And she only "sparked outrage" when she posted Mandela and King Jr. both of whom she has admired for years? Media fuck wads.

My new years resolution is to not read the comments on articles or twitter, it really boils my blood i get so upset haha

Daily Mail is the worst i'm forever fighting her corner maybe I need to stop and switch off.

The EW article is sad and utterly rude and uncalled for. I don't get one sentence. Complete disrespect to her or any human being for that matter.

Typical anti-Madonna article where the hypocrisy is breath-taking. So much ageist, sexist tones throughout and then they have a go at people "using" Mandela and Martin Luther King. These men should always be referenced, talked about and admired by everyone. They should never be forgotten and Madonna was honouring them in her own way.

I am reading these articles and am at an utter loss as to HOW she is "sparking outrage." And she only "sparked outrage" when she posted Mandela and King Jr. both of whom she has admired for years? Media fuck wads.

The weirdest things become controversies in relation to Madonna! You would think anyone could see she posts their pictures because she admires them as "rebel hearts" and "freedom fighters" Other celebrities do all kinds of crazy bad things and no one says anything.

The EW article besides being ageist is reversed racism by calling her a rich white woman! This is another pissed off anti-white journalist who jumps on the band wagon to attack what he construes in M as white privilege and supremacy.

Yes lets fight real racism and prejudice, but don't brand M as insensitive and tone deaf to racism. She's raising two children from Africa as a single mom while the author plays with his d**k behind his laptop!!

The weirdest things become controversies in relation to Madonna! You would think anyone could see she posts their pictures because she admires them as "rebel hearts" and "freedom fighters" Other celebrities do all kinds of crazy bad things and no one says anything.

But she's "Irrelevant" you know