NEW Madonna Instagram Thread

svperstar

Never read the comment sections lol

People need to lighten up! People that get easily offended really piss me off.

All my black friends are upset, they say shes trying to create controversy because they are in bondage. I'm not understanding at all

The whole Rebel heart album cover (to me) shows strength despite restraint. The wires and ropes are powerless on a rebel heart, and I believe that's what she's saying about mlk and Nelson. Madonna looks STRONG in that image even though she's tied up.

But whatever, let the ppl get mad. Madonna's been making em mad for 30 years now.

when i saw a M fan on twitter ask fans to make bob marley with rebel heart album artwork i knew it would get picked up and people would complain :p a lot of jerks think madonna is "below" these people and have a "how dare she" attitude about her. meanwhile miley does the same shit all day and no one cares. i think they don't get her humour.

when i saw a M fan on twitter ask fans to make bob marley with rebel heart album artwork i knew it would get picked up and people would complain :p a lot of jerks think madonna is "below" these people and have a "how dare she" attitude about her. meanwhile miley does the same shit all day and no one cares. i think they don't get her humour.

It's not humor to me, it's madonna genuinely looking up to these figures and seeing them as rebel hearts, who fought for what they believed in like herself but in much more troubling circumstances. I think that people are misunderstanding what the album cover signifies and are automatically deeming madonna racially insensitive because they believe she's trying to degrade black people or use them as promo. It's really disheartening for me because I really truly in my heart don't believe madonna is a racist but because we as a people have been going through so much trauma and discrimination we are quick to jump on the attack of any white person who does something remotely disrespectful to us. In this case, me being a fan, I can't even see the harm. It's her promo strategy or better yet her artistic inspiration more than anything.

Guest Pud Whacker

The comments on twitter, instagram....why is everyone so upset??

i have a theory of black and madonna and all i have is time today but i just cant.

Those last 3 Instagram posts are incredibly stupid on her part. Step away from the computer, M! :manson:

I'm not sure they are stupid. I just think maybe she didn't understand or wasn't aware that ppl just might not get what she's trying to say.

Those last 3 Instagram posts are incredibly stupid on her part. Step away from the computer, M! :manson:

I knew people would react a certain way as soon as she made those posts, and I can see why some people would react in a negative way.

However, some reactions have been very ott.

M better not take them down! Always loved M because she's not politically correct or overly sensitive even though she has always showed much concern for injustices in the world.

Still believe she's an easy target because she's a successful and wealthy, older white person. The race mongers will also continue attacking her because she's an easy target and they don't have to face the real racists in the world.

Well that didn't take long to hit the general media. She's not stupid, she had to know it would be misinterpreted. Especially given the racial climate in this country and this city right now, this is really tone deaf. Doesn't she believe in her music on its own anymore? Why does she have to keep pushing the buttons? And in a way that makes it seem like she's just trying to get promo rather than a genuine interest making a statement.

Well that didn't take long to hit the general media. She's not stupid, she had to know it would be misinterpreted. Especially given the racial climate in this country and this city right now, this is really tone deaf. Doesn't she believe in her music on its own anymore? Why does she have to keep pushing the buttons? And in a way that makes it seem like she's just trying to get promo rather than a genuine interest making a statement.

But if it was anything else?

M latest posts would have never received such harsh criticism only a couple of years ago!

What happened to freedom of expression and trying to understand what she might be trying to convey in the posts instead of a knee jerk reaction out of anger!!

But if it was anything else?

Such as? She could have just used the same photos and same hashtags without the strings photoshopped. It would've come off much differently. The whole history of the disn**** controversy around same time last year doesn't help. I've seen a bunch of people bring that up again. This was just plain dumb.

Such as? She could have just used the same photos and same hashtags without the strings photoshopped. It would've come off much differently. The whole history of the disn**** controversy around same time last year doesn't help. I've seen a bunch of people bring that up again. This was just plain dumb.

But that's not the point, the strings are supposed to represent something to her that's positive, she did the same for frida and others. She was not trying to cause controversy