Show some love for One More Chance

Messiahxxx

This is my first topic, and I wanted to dedicate it to one of my favorite songs, a song that's clearly not a fan favorite, one of the songs that made me fall in love with her...

I turned around too late to see the fallen star
I fell asleep and never saw the sun go down
I took your love for granted
Thought luck was always on my side
I turned around too late and you were gone
[Chorus:]
So give me one more chance
Darlin' if you care for me
Let me win your love
'Cause you were always there for me
If you care for me,
Be there for me
I like to play the queen of hearts and never thought I'd lose
I rolled the dice but never showed my hand
I planned it out so perfectly,
So you'd never leave a girl like me
I was a fool, but now I understand
[chorus]
Here is the law of the land
You play with fire and you'll get burned
Here is the lesson I've learned
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone
[chorus, without last two lines]
Gimme one more chance
Tell me that it's not too late
Let me win your love
Darlin' please don't hesitate
If you care for me,
Be there for me
Give me one more chance
It's simple, emotional and lovely :inlove:

I love this song so much! :inlove:

I just feel so much sadness in her voice and the way she sings. It's impossible for me not to relate to it and be moved by it. :cries:

When I'm in a sad mood is the first song I run to it! And makes me better every time! :)

Thank you for this too, Madonna!

it was a single in the UK reaching 11....i never liked it, but now that i listen to it, its really sweet.

i want a big epic dance remix of this song!!!

and then theres this:

Guest Pud Whacker

This is my first topic, and I wanted to dedicate it to one of my favorite songs, a song that's clearly not a fan favorite, one of the songs that made me fall in love with her...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI61BMjAVuo

I turned around too late to see the fallen star
I fell asleep and never saw the sun go down
I took your love for granted
Thought luck was always on my side
I turned around too late and you were gone
[Chorus:]
So give me one more chance
Darlin' if you care for me
Let me win your love
'Cause you were always there for me
If you care for me,
Be there for me
I like to play the queen of hearts and never thought I'd lose
I rolled the dice but never showed my hand
I planned it out so perfectly,
So you'd never leave a girl like me
I was a fool, but now I understand
[chorus]
Here is the law of the land
You play with fire and you'll get burned
Here is the lesson I've learned
That you don't know what you've got til it's gone
[chorus, without last two lines]
Gimme one more chance
Tell me that it's not too late
Let me win your love
Darlin' please don't hesitate
If you care for me,
Be there for me
Give me one more chance
It's simple, emotional and lovely :inlove:

i love it, its fabulous. it was the precursor to the Music album.

I love this song, a less original but heartfelt continuation of I'll Remember.

It's a very "unlike her" sort of song, so to me it's a welcome detour. She's also credited as co-songwriter (the other one being David Foster) so I guess she did make a true effort to show a different side of her art.

I absolutely LOVE One More Chance! And I, too, don't understand why it's hated so much amongst fans.

Not only is the song beautifully simple, not only is the acoustic arrangement flawless, not only is the melody classic M, but the lyrics are poignant, she sings it beautifully, you can hear and feel the emotion behind it all and it proves to all the haters that she IS a true singer/songwriter.

My wife, who absolutely can't stand Madonna, (she, generally, has great taste in music, except for this one HUGE flaw) has a short list of M songs she likes (as EVERYone on the planet does), and OMC is her absolute favorite. It makes her cry every time. So, that says something about this song.

GREAT topic!

Edited by PRPapi

My wife, who absolutely can't stand Madonna, (she, generally, has great taste in music, except for this one HUGE flaw) has a short list of M songs she likes (as EVERYone on the planet does), and OMC is her absolute favorite. It makes her cry every time. So, that says something about this song.

GREAT topic!

Oh, you are the second straight male here in this forum!

I absolutely LOVE One More Chance! And I, too, don't understand why it's hated so much amongst fans.

Not only is the song beautifully simple, not only is the acoustic arrangement flawless, not only is the melody classic M, but the lyrics are poignant, she sings it beautifully, you can hear and feel the emotion behind it all and it proves to all the haters that she IS a true singer/songwriter.

GREAT topic!

just out of curiosity....is XSP another one of her favourite M's songs?

It's a crock of shit. This and Superstar are the worst songs she ever recorded. Even Hey You had some redeeming features.

Didn't you just said that Cherish is one of the greatest pop songs of all time by anyone?

Girl-bye-3.gif

It reminds me too much of that awful Extreme song More Than Words.

It's kind of sweet but no way was it single worthy.

just out of curiosity....is XSP another one of her favourite M's songs?

Nope, it's not. She hates it, actually. Go figure. But, it's one of MY faves! ;)

I can literally list the other songs she likes: Human Nature, Secret, Love Tried to Welcome Me - actually, Bedtime Stories is her fave M album and the only one she's ever purchased - WIFLFAG, I Deserve It, Don't Tell Me, Hollywood, Nothing Fails, Get Together, Let It Will Be, 4 Minutes, Beat Goes On, She's Not Me, Miles Away, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Girl Gone Wild - she abhors the video, though - Give Me All Your Luvin', Love Spent. And as far as classics go: Holiday, Into the Groove, Crazy for You, Express Yourself and Vogue. That's it. (Well, that's not that short of a list, actually. :-/ I tell her all the time that she's a closet fan - lol!)

Nope, it's not. She hates it, actually. Go figure. But, it's one of MY faves! ;)

I can literally list the other songs she likes: Human Nature, Secret, Love Tried to Welcome Me - actually, Bedtime Stories is her fave M album and the only one she's ever purchased - WIFLFAG, I Deserve It, Don't Tell Me, Hollywood, Nothing Fails, Get Together, Let It Will Be, 4 Minutes, Beat Goes On, She's Not Me, Miles Away, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Girl Gone Wild - she abhors the video, though - Give Me All Your Luvin', Love Spent. And as far as classics go: Holiday, Into the Groove, Crazy for You, Express Yourself and Vogue. That's it. (Well, that's not that short of a list, actually. :-/ I tell her all the time that she's a closet fan - lol!)

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

:laugh:

however, don't take as an offence..., but she seems to have random tastes.... :laugh: