1st annual Madonnanation Elton John Awards *Vote*

acko

87 members have voted

1. 1. And The Nominees Are (see full ballot below)

• Annie Lennox
    • Elizabeth McGovern
    • Ariel Pink
    • Chelsea Handler
  2. 2. Hall of Fame

• Boy George
    • Debbie Harry
    • Julie Burchill

Okay Julie Burchill is a writer who wrote a condescending and completely clueless article about Madonna. The only thing I liked was that she compared Madonna to the weather.

I like Boy George and Debbie Harry despite their occasional comments so I am voting for Julie.

Julie Burchill is nuts & has said & written awful things about Madonna throughout her career.

Incidentally, she once suggested the Eurythmics should die in a plane crash :manson:

I voted Ariel Pink for his whole body of bullshit and because he represents what i hate the most in pop and in music in general : pretention.

When you are genuinely bizarre it's great but when it's calculated like it is in his character and for Julie Burchill because she's making money out of being a cunt, she's a professional one.

Lately Boy George had nothing but praises for Madonna he even threatened to sue a colleague who interviewed him and reported mean things he said about Madonn and Kylie.

Annie Lennox is a cunt and so is Suzanne Vega. I can't fucking stand women who belittle other women with sanctimonious bullshit. They should get therapy to deal with their judgemental views on others especially female sexual image.

This is so hard.

Chelsea just seems like she'd be a cunt at all times, so my first instinct is to vote for her. Does she ever say anything good about anybody?

I can almost understand Boy George/Elton/80s has beens getting tired of still being asked about Madonna 30 years later, so I kind of want to gjve them a free pass.

Suzanne must get my vote for calling LG "intellectual" :lmao: Plus she comes across as very pretentious when her music was dance type stuff as well.

I love this thread! I voted for Chelsea because her dislike of Madonna is particularly harsh, venomous, and bitter. Then again she comes across like a harsh, venomous, bitter person in general. She's just the worst. As for the HOF, you gotta go with Boy George. He's made amends lately but his previous tirades are legendary.

What did he do this year?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/madonna/11305467/New-Madonna-tracks-sound-like-a-test-of-loyalty.html

New Madonna tracks sound like a 'test of loyalty'
Madonna has released six new songs from her forthcoming album, Rebel Heart, as 'an early Christmas present'. Shame they're so dreadful, says lifelong fan Dean Piper
Cattura9_zps9c983a4e.jpg
Nobody in the showbiz world has been more sorely affected by the curse of social media than the Queen of Pop, Madonna. Twitter and Instagram have poisoned what was once such a fabulously fun industry. It doesn't just lay bare an artist's natural talent for spelling mistakes: how Madonna portrays herself on social media is the first thing she has ever done that I don't get.
She was once the queen of reinvention, with iconic imagery, styling and fashion. But for months, fans have had to endure her offering poorly shot glimpses into her life and horrendously saddo hashtags such as #unapologeticbitch and #sorrynotsorry. She has generally make herself look like a bit of a twerp.
I should explain just how much Madonna has influenced my life. I originally got into the industry, as an entertainment journalist, just to meet her (and I did). She once stood for individuality, strength and freedom. When she was on tour, I was there. When she was releasing 'difficult' concept albums like Bedtime Stories, I was there. Hell, when she was bent over a mirror masturbating in her Sex book, I was there. I would never hear a bad word against her.
But lately I’m struggling. It’s like she’s trying to test my loyalty. :lmao:
After coming close to ‘unfollowing’ her on Twitter, :lmao: I decided I’d spent more than two decades alongside my icon and I had to try and remain faithful to the almighty force that she once was.
Then last week, we had to watch her childish meltdowns on social media as demos from her new album Rebel Heart, due for release in March, were leaked online. Madonna called the breach "a form of terrorism" and smashed her iPhone in defiance. But why did the music get leaked in the first place? Had North Korea struck again?
In the days before social media, Madonna always did things her way. So this morning, when I awoke to a Twitter feed spewing posts about six new Madonna tracks having been released officially overnight as “an early Christmas present for fans”, I was confused. Madonna had caved in to the leakers.
The thing I’ve always loved about Madonna is how she has lead the pack. She never followed.
But this wasn't a groundbreaking move form a position of strength, like when Beyoncé delivered a surprise album on iTunes last Christmas, complete with 18 music videos to match. Surely Madonna should be releasing everything as a package? That’s the Madonna I know. The one that, in a day and age where the long-player release is in decline, would stand firm and say: “You bitches are going to have to wait – I’m Madonna and I’m not ready.”
Instead, today we have six rush-released new tracks from an unfinished album. After four spins apiece, it feels to me like she’s having a career crisis.
Of the six tracks released overnight, Living For Love - which will be the album's lead single - is probably the most interesting. It has some classic Madonna traits: religious references, a gospel choir, 90s piano beats and a whirling bass. But what does it say? That Madonna is living for love and we all should, too. Really? Is that it?
No wonder Madonna is battling to be a relevant pop act in a music industry where tastes and fashions change at lightning speed. :blink: But on the strength of these tracks, she sounds just like any other contemporary chart pop act - Diplo, Toby Gad, Nicki Minaj and Aviici. I’m starting to worry that she’s losing it.
Here's my verdict on the six tracks:
Living For Love: an uplifting gospel choir helps this one along. Definitely feels like the most original of the new songs, but the lyrics fail to penetrate your soul.
Devil Pray: littered with drug references, this track is about people struggling with addiction and the pain of getting clean. With different lyrics, it could have had potential, but sadly ends up being fairly forgettable.
Ghosttown: uplifting - euphoric, even - with piercing vocals, this is Madonna's best chance of a radio hit. Will appeal to longtime fans of her former albums like Ray of Light.
Unapologetic Bitch: if you can get past the title, you're stronger than I am. Ska vibes, which is a new thing, but borderline rapping brings on the cringe factor. She clearly doesn't want to explain herself to anyone. But she should try.
Illuminati: like something you'd hear in a really dirty club. Will make a great interlude during the inevitable world tour.
Bitch I'm Madonna (feat Nicki Minaj): a mess of Skrillex-style noise. Not entirely sure what it was trying to achieve. I'm sure she twerked furiously throughout the recording.
Sigh. It’s all becoming so worthy, so laced with ‘messages’ and tragically experimental. Madonna's best albums - Erotica, Bedtime Stories and Confessions of a Dancefloor - were those with a concept. They had individuality, were jam-packed with personal anecdotes and still sound just as fresh now as they did on release.
Aside from Ghosttown, the new material feels more like average "filler" tracks on a Madonna album. We can only hope that she has saved the best for last. So let’s not muck about anymore, M. It’s time to raise your game.
:semifunny:
madonna5-620x350.png

Some Madonna fans, journalists and media personalities are so fussy and picky. They seem to always be complaining about her. They don't have to rave about her and love everything she does but they always seem to be so vocal about the stuff they don't like about her continually and then put it all over social media, twitter and articles. O'h well. I just don't notice it with other female pop star's fans. They don't seem to over analyse every thing they do.

^ So true

I think those Piers Morgan, Morrissey, Elton, Dean Piper types hate her for the simple fact that she's worth $1bn and still bothers to work so hard, outdoing everybody else. Probably also because she didn't want to go to Disneyland with them or discuss her pregnancies on their FLOP TV shows.

I'm sure if Madonna was 100 times less successful and for a fraction of the time she's been successful for they'd be a lot less picky/"annoyed" and probably constantly kissing her ass.

I mean a Morrissey that dares MCdonna "to sing like Edith Piath" while praising an obscenity of incompetence like Joanne Germanotta who ironically has fashioned and scripted her entire career upon Madonna's career tells you everything you need to know in order to read betwen the lines of their "disgust" at her

Dean Piper :lmao:

IKR :rotfl:

Some trashy asshole who took part in this z-list moment of television

Surprised Madonna even allowed him to get near her during W.E. promotion in London

Cattura_zps917252bc.jpg

Really have to highlight Roger Friedman - the worst of the worst. A hack journalist who has always hated Madonna while promoting Mariah and Gaga amongst others. Unfortunately, his hateful, biased and inaccurate articles against Madonna always seem to get picked up and used as evidence to try and sabotage her. It is happening again. He has a great partner in crime with the Daily Mail always jumping on and twisting things about Madonna. It makes me so angry that Rebel Heart has not even been released and this revolting creature Friedman is already promoting it as a massive flop.