Does Madonna have a flawless album in your opinion?

mnino

I think Madonna has consistently had the greatest albums of any artist over the past 3 decades. Saying that though, I don't believe any album by any artist is flawless. There is always one song that is not as great as the others.

I agree! I would consider ROL my fave and even that I tend to skip Swim and LS quite often. With that said, I would still consider it pretty damn flawless. It's one of those albums that create a whole atmosphere, the music almost transports you to another place.....those are the albums I would consider almost perfect. For example....

Madonna (the first album) immediately takes me to the dirty, gritty streets of early 80's NYC. I always feel like the album should smell like bubble gum, hairspray and maybe a tinge of body odor.....lol. Her vocals are girlish and chirpy yet defiant and determined......she sounds "hungry"! That juxtaposition of grit and innocence is brilliant!

When I listen to COADF, it's like going to outer space.....lol.....I believe someone else in the thread described it as "trippy" and I would def agree with that! As minimal and "rushed" some have considered the GT video, for me that's a good visual interpretation of how I feel when listening to that album.

I never really liked the Music record much. I know it's really good, but it never clicked with me. aside from Nobody Knows Me, IA, DTM, & Paradise not for me (but i don't know if the latter is even on the album)

There are so many things wrong with this :lol:

I love "Jimmy, Jimmy" and the '50s vibe. The story makes me a little sad though. "Why did you go and crash up your new car? Is it because it didn't take you too far?" The poor guy just wanted to make something of his life, but couldn't escape his circumstances. :'(

There are so many things wrong with this :lol:

theres some things about M and her music that are almost unknown to me and known by every (casual fan) it's crazy. I'm obsessed with a few albums while others are just kinda "there" for me.. until I suddenly discover them years later. i knew someone was gonna point out the mistakes in my post ;)

havent listened ROL or LAP full in years..

ROL is so tied to the Orbit bubbles I'm sick of

LAP, well, "Love Song".

LS does sort of stand out on LAP, but I love it because it's unlike anything else she's ever done, melodically, musically, and vocally. You can tell it was totally a 50/50 collaboration and it's quite beautiful in an unusual, messy way. You should give it another chance. And without it, we wouldn't have HU. That said, I'd love to hear an M-only version.

Guest Pud Whacker

i mean anyone that doesn't have MADONNA/MADONNA on their list should just be thrown out of the forum forever and suffer a long painful death. :rotfl:

i mean anyone that doesn't have MADONNA/MADONNA on their list should just be thrown out of the forum forever and suffer a long painful death. :rotfl:

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these comments...seriously?!? ....."I haven't listened to LAP or IB or ROL or TB in years"... ..."I skip half the songs on Erotica"....

What?!?

I listen to them every day. That's why I love her so much...because ALL her albums are flawless.

Flawless?

Music is the only Madonna album in which I don't skip ANY tracks. It isn't my 'favorite' but I'd say its her most complete, tightly packaged, filler-free, seamless, smooth record :wow:

Couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:

MADSOONNA - absolutely flawless...no question

LIKE A WAITING - no

TRUE BLUE - eerhm...no

LIKE A PRAYER for #soon - perfect

I'M BREATHLESS while waiting - absolutely flawless album (and after reading Carly post i love her even more!!!!)

EROTICA - need to answer? (btw, who doesn't like or understand dydi or feels it's too long...please ban them!!)

BEDTIME STORIES - almost...but as much i adore this album...DS is totally out of place and a filler

RAY OF PATIENCE - well...i must say it's flawless, trying to be kind with LS (after all she was a mom...how can't you be kind?)

MUSIC that doesn't come - perfect!!!!

AMERICAN LIFE - as much as i love it and as much lyrically they are in place, i really can't stand ISS and NKM, so no....

CONFESSIONS ON INSTAGRAM - no....

HARD CANDY and MDNA - well...really no...

MADSOONNA - absolutely flawless...no question

LIKE A WAITING - no

TRUE BLUE - eerhm...no

LIKE A PRAYER for #soon - perfect

I'M BREATHLESS while waiting - absolutely flawless album (and after reading Carly post i love her even more!!!!)

EROTICA - need to answer? (btw, who doesn't like or understand dydi or feels it's too long...please ban them!!)

BEDTIME STORIES - almost...but as much i adore this album...DS is totally out of place and a filler

RAY OF PATIENCE - well...i must say it's flawless, trying to be kind with LS (after all she was a mom...how can't you be kind?)

MUSIC that doesn't come - perfect!!!!

AMERICAN LIFE - as much as i love it and as much lyrically they are in place, i really can't stand ISS and NKM, so no....

CONFESSIONS ON INSTAGRAM - no....

HARD CANDY and MDNA - well...really no...

Because it's possible to be a new mother and not write a cheesy song about your baby. Many have done it, including Lauryn Hill that very same year.

That said, the production is great and it's obviously a genuine, heartfelt song. It's just not as strong as many of the other songs on the album.

Interesting opinions.

I don't think any of them are flawless but the closest for me are True Blue, Like A Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light and Confessions.

Surprised on all the love for the Music album. The only 2 songs I listen to on that album now are Don't Tell Me and WITFAG. I just liked "Music" because it was such a smash single commercially speaking, but eh, I can take it or leave it. I do love Music Inferno on the Confessions Tour though...

Edited by chitownmikey