Does Madonna have a flawless album in your opinion?

mnino

It's really subjective...

For me it's:

- American Life (deep lyrics, acoustic, one theme),

- Confessions (still fresh, consistent, energetic).

It's actually the two albums I can listen to on repeat a 100 times and still not skipping songs... Perfection.

This.

Flawless?

Music is the only Madonna album in which I don't skip ANY tracks. It isn't my 'favorite' but I'd say its her most complete, tightly packaged, filler-free, seamless, smooth record :wow:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Music is truly flawless in my book, not one single bad song on it. American Life and COADF are quite amazing too :wow:

I think Madonna has consistently had the greatest albums of any artist over the past 3 decades. Saying that though, I don't believe any album by any artist is flawless. There is always one song that is not as great as the others.

Agreed. The closest album of hers to flawless, for me, would be Like a Prayer, but I'm not a big fan of Love Song.

I think her more "effortlessly flawless" album is Madonna

All the rest are flawless, in my opinion, except maybe HC and MDNA. Her last 2 are the very few that have disponsable fillers (although sometimes those fillers are sometimes very funny, haha).

I guess it would be weird if I didn't chime in here. I have to preface everything but saying that my definition of "flawless" is an album where every single song is perfect, or at least brilliant. There are very few artists who have made a "flawless" album in my opinion (h/t whoop). Bjork's Homogenic, Portishead's second album, Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes, and Ani DiFranco's Not a Pretty Girl come to mind, but even then I'd probably give those 95/100.

My three faves:

I used to consider LAP flawless, but I've grown to appreciate the single mixes of LAP and EY much more than the album versions. Shep's touch, even just on the 7" edits, truly make those songs perfect. So you can see how picky I am in using the term flawless.

I've grown to view Erotica as nearly flawless, but like some others have said, DYDI and the length of the album overall prevent it from being perfect. I also would swap out BBB or BG for "Goodbye to Innocence."

Ray Of Light lacks a certain soulfulness/grittiness that Erotica, BS, LAP, even Music have. It's a near-perfect album, but "Swim" and LS are a bit cheesy for me, lyrically. Production is amazing though.

So, all that having been said, I can't think of another pop artist who has as many "near-flawless" pop albums has M. :voiceofreason:

Madonna

You Can Dance

Like a Prayer

I'm Breathless

Bedtime Stories

Music

American Life

Confessions

Those that missed it for me:

Like a Virgin, due to the absence of Into the Groove

True Blue, for a couple of songs I'd rather not to mention (ever again)

Erotica, could use some editing. No song is terrible, but there are a few mediocre ones

Ray of Light, it's just not a favorite for me

Hard Candy, I love... something about the sequencing is off for me, and having heard the outtakes, it could've been stronger.

MDNA, I love it, too. I think it's just too scattered and overly long. Edit, edit, edit.

Edited by mtsanis

lovely list

Thank you. I listened to I'm Breathless on the plane yesterday and it really is flawless. What a wonderful album/soundtrack whatever. I have been prancing around to Hanky Panky and I'm Going Bananas all night :lol:

I actually didn't realise how much I liked I'm Breathless until yesterday. It totally just made my top 5 :wow: I underappreciated it for so long!

I can think of no album (by any artist) where I like each every single song.

She comes damn close on a few for me, though. The first album could have had Sidewalk Talk, or one of the unreleased songs such as Ain't no Big Deal, or Don't You Know and would have been flawless.

Music could have replaced Runaway Lover with Cyberraga, Liquid Love and too would have been perfection.

Some other albums technically I like all the songs, but honestly do I want to listen to Shanti or Til Death Do us Part ever again? Not really.

Beautiful Stranger and Into the Groove of course would have improved any album they would have been a part of, but they were such great stand alone songs and made for the movies they were featured in, so I won't consider those.

Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Like A Virgin and Hard Candy have the most songs that I skip.

I actually didn't realise how much I liked I'm Breathless until yesterday. It totally just made my top 5 :wow: I underappreciated it for so long!

:thumbsup:

I like IGB. "Cry Baby" bugs me a little. But the rest of the album is perfect.

Jimmy Jimmy is a sonic adventure?! :wow:

Haha I'm kidding thats cute. I love each fans love for all different albums and songs :)

Yes! It is!!! I love the story the song conveys and the way it was sung/produced/presented. There's a sadness in the song.

I've only listened to IB (in full) one time like a year ago. hearing her sing the songs for the first time.. i had no idea she has such a jazzy & swing voice. for some reason it never really interested me before. same with the girlie show.

i think confessions & AL & LAP and ROL are her most flawless. hard candy is close.I never really liked the Music record much. I know it's really good, but it never clicked with me. aside from Nobody Knows Me, IA, DTM, & Paradise not for me (but i don't know if the latter is even on the album)