Does Madonna have a flawless album in your opinion?

mnino

Vocalism was hesitant in starting this topic because of the possible controversy but I think it's a valid discussion.

I believe that she has three flawless albums: LAP, ROL and COADF

The first album is near perfection though. I would consider it flawless if it wasn't for just one track ("I Know It") which is a good song but not up to par with the rest.

LAV is missing ITG in my opinion.

TB has JJ to spoil it.

IB has IGB.

Erotica has DYDI and runs a bit long.

BS has DS.

Music has NP.

AL is, well, flawed.

HC is great and I would only switch SL with RMB.

MDNA's track sequencing is a mess.

Perfect or not, I love all of her albums.

LAP has not a single filler. It has three classics: LAP, EY and C. Two of her most beautiful songs ever: OF and PTT. A collab with Prince, great album tracks, and one awesome closing song/statement.

ROL is her most cohesive and with the strongest lyrics. The singles don't stand out as much because everything is so consistent. It's really like a journey. There are no fillers here IMO.

COADF is like the upbeat sister of ROL. Cohesive and it feels like a journey. Even "Push" which by itself is a weaker track IMO fits perfectly where it is.

What are the flawless Madonna albums in your opinion and WHY?

Cool topic!

Ray of Light, purely because every song is strong on it's own, the album has consistency and the production is AMAZING (I still marvel at the many layers in the songs through stereo speakers, I sometimes hear songs within the songs!). It packs a real punch to the ears, and the more mellow moments that follow is just bliss. A few sidenotes - It's a highly influential record. The singles were perfectly released. The music videos were visually stunning! Overall it is a majestic work of art that can never be replicated.

Confessions. I like how mnino describes at as the upbeat sister of ROL, it's the disco-ified version and even the weaker, silly lyrics are justified because hey, it's a party not a spirtual lesson right? It's enjoyable, the production is exceedingly good and every song is memorable from open to close. Sometimes when I listend to Confessions I felt like I was tripping in a galaxy far away !

All the other albums have some flaws here & there apart from these two.

Ray of Light is far from flawless, its very dated production wise.

Yeah that's cool if you think so. The title of the thread does include "....in your opinion?" ;)

I love electronic music, so this album to me is a benchmark for mainstream electronic records. I believe it's the mother of all mainstream electronic records, in fact. Queen!

Erotica, Like A Prayer, Music, & American Life

ROL is close but Little Star is just icky

Even though COADF is one of my favorite albums the end gets weak with how high, isaac, and push

Bedtime Stories, i never liked bedtime story (bjork doesnt suit madonna) cuz it stands out and not in a good way amongst the soft ballads and r&b flavor.

I think Madonna has consistently had the greatest albums of any artist over the past 3 decades. Saying that though, I don't believe any album by any artist is flawless. There is always one song that is not as great as the others.

It's really subjective...

For me it's:

- American Life (deep lyrics, acoustic, one theme),

- Confessions (still fresh, consistent, energetic).

It's actually the two albums I can listen to on repeat a 100 times and still not skipping songs... Perfection.

Like A Prayer (No fillers, iconic era and music videos)

Bedtime Stories (Flawless production, lyrics, and melodies are well crafted)

Ray of Light (Great sound, creative, energetic, deep lyrics, amazing music videos)

Confessions on a Dance Floor (Good production, stunning visual era, Hung Up)

I consider flawless Confessions on a dancefloor: I think that the final product of this album is the perfect result of what Madonna wanted to produce, an album which purpose was the dance. We can find dance from the music to the videos, from the booklet to the promotion (confessions tour and tv appears).

For me it's LAP, I'm breathles, Music, ROL, American life and Confessions. Erotica is my all time favorite but somethimes I feel like Rain doesn't really belong there and Did you do it needs to be deleted.

Guest Rachelle of London

Bedtime stories for me. Every track tells a story and really shows how vulnerable she was at the time. ROL also.

Tbh all the albums are flawless.

Depends on the def of "flawless" -

To me, flawless in art is realizing a vision, even if there are mistakes or quality "bumps" here and there.

Under that definition:

Madonna

LAP

Erotica

Ray of Light

Music

American Life

Confessions on a Dancefloor