Your MDNA Top 5

Bill

1) Falling Free

2) Masterpiece

3) I'm Addicted

4) Best Friend

5) I Fucked Up

Never listen to this album anymore apart from Falling Free. I truly consider this (and Hard Candy) the nadir of her career. I hope she bounces back like David Bowie did after his 80s pop period. He delivered some killer albums after that hideous time and I have no doubt Madonna will too! Bring it on!

1) Falling Free

2) Masterpiece

3) I'm Addicted

4) Best Friend

5) I Fucked Up

Never listen to this album anymore apart from Falling Free. I truly consider this (and Hard Candy) the nadir of her career. I hope she bounces back like David Bowie did after his 80s pop period. He delivered some killer albums after that hideous time and I have no doubt Madonna will too! Bring it on!

I'm in total agreement in regards to Hard Candy, but I definitely feel that this album was a step in the right direction. It's about half perfect, half pretty bad, whereas I hated just about everything on HC.

I can see your point. Personaly, I found the whole Hard Candy "era" embarrassing to be honest. It was the first time I felt no connection to Madonna at all since I became a fan. She looked a state because of the not so well adviced plastic surgery and deliverd completely hollow music that had been perfomerd by others earlier and better. So to follow that one up with MDNA added to the disappointment. Her heart wasn't in the music and it was like she didn't care. I don't care for both albums but I remember being so disappointment with MDNA (the title alone!) because I was so excited that she would take the criticism to heart and deliver a great, adult album. My hopes are up again because songs like Rebel Heart hint at something better, more mature and sinply the music she should be making to become relevant again.

I can see your point. Personnaly, I found the whole Hard Candy "era" embarrassing to be honest. It was the first time I felt no connection to Madonna at all since I became a fan. She looked a state because of the not so good adviced plastic surgery and deliverd completely hollow music that had been perfomerd by others earlier and better. So to follow that one up with MDNA added to the disappointment. Her heart wasn't in the music and it was like she didn't care. I don't care for both albums but I remember being so disappointment with MDNA (the title alone!) because I was so excited that she would take the criticism to heart and deliver a great, adult album. My hopes are up again because songs like Rebel Heart hint at something better, more mature and sinply the music she should be making to become relevant again.

I agree 100%. I hate to even say or feel those things because I am such a big fan but the whole HC era didn't even feel like Madonna. It was like she was someone else and I completely lost my connection with her. Thank God, it's been restored completely and yes, I feel a whole new sense of hope with RH :inlove:

Did anyone actually listen to the lyrics on HC?? Clearly her heart was in it.

Anyone that has a problem with MDolla is racist (throw in a dash of ageist too)....and that's just the way it is. Madonna had been doing "mature" for 10 yrs at that point, it was time for a change! I hope the fair weathered fans that beat her down during that period do NOT come back for Rebel Heart. Goodbye and good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

I hate I'm a sinner. I can't beleive it's on so many list.

And it was the worst part on MDNA TOUR. Borefest.

I don't know how it was live, but in the DVD this song is beautiful and it's one of my fave parts. In fact, in the MDNA tour my fave part is the last one.

I agree, I wasn't very keen on HC but when she got divorced many pieces came together and some songs went up to another leve. Like Incredible, its production shows just the frenzy that comes when your world is falling apart and you are grasping at those moments you shared and you feel they were "incredible" and can't understand why they have to end: "let's finish what we started".

Anyone that has a problem with MDolla is racist (throw in a dash of ageist too)....and that's just the way it is. Madonna had been doing "mature" for 10 yrs at that point, it was time for a change! I hope the fair weathered fans that beat her down during that period do NOT come back for Rebel Heart. Goodbye and good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

That's really extreme and completely uncalled for. I just didn't happen to enjoy the music at all.

PS, not worshiping every step she makes doesn't make someone a fair-weathered fan. I stuck by her through countless ups and downs and tried to find the good in everything. HC just wasn't my style and I didn't connect to it. I didn't feel the same Madonna feelings I was used to. I tried and tried, but even after all these years I can't get into it. But I never did and never will give up on her.

I'm not much of an arguer on here but, damn, where do you get off calling someone racist because they don't like a Madonna album? :lol:

:lmao::crazy: just accept the fact that some people didn't have a connection with the album.

Guest Rachelle of London

That's really extreme and completely uncalled for. I just didn't happen to enjoy the music at all.

PS, not worshiping every step she makes doesn't make someone a fair-weathered fan. I stuck by her though countless ups and downs and tried to find the good in everything. HC just wasn't my style and I didn't connect to it. I didn't feel the same Madonna feelings I was used to. I tried and tried, but even after all these years I can't get into it. But I never did and never will give up on her.

I'm not much of an arguer on here but, damn, where do you get off calling someone racist because they don't like a Madonna album? :lol:

Bill that wasn't even worth responding to and I'm the biggest HC fan there is.

1) I'm Addicted! (In my top-ten of all-time, actually)

2) Love Spent (Acoustic)

3) Beautiful Killer

4) Best Friend

5) I F*cked Up

It may be polarizing, but I love this album. It's GREAT!

I'd like to say that I just don't understand those who say that Madonna's "heart wasn't in it" for HC or MDNA. Just because one doesn't like or connect to her work, doesn't automatically mean SHE didn't work hard on it or feel it. That's a ridiculous assertion. You just didn't like it. Besides, how can any one of us know if her heart was into something or not? As much as we love and admire her (hardcore fan since 1986, here), we're not with her and weren't there when she worked on those albums. :-/

In addition, I've met MANY who weren't fans of M before who became fans of either her because of her two last albums. M's a chameleon and knows she has to be adaptable and flexible in order to stay around. It's one of the main reasons we love her, isn't it? Wasn't HC different than the previous 4 albums? Same w/ MDNA?

Also, how anyone can say that her heart wasn't into the following amazing songs is beyond me:

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (you can't get any deeper and more heartfelt than that!)

Voices (same as above, just to a slightly lesser degree - but still great!)

Beat Goes On (awesome song, great danceable music and classic Madonna message)

Give it 2 Me (brassy, in-your-face, danceable Madonna. Hello?!?)

She's Not Me (fun, campy, danceable and VERY relatable to what she was going through at the time)

Miles Away (can you possibly get any more personal in a song? And, the line "too much of no sound, uncomfortable silence can be so loud" is EVERYthing)

(BTW, 4 Minutes may not be a great song to many M fans, but play it at a party full of millenials today and they will ALL get up to dance to it, some even claiming it as "their song." I know, I've seen it time and time again when I DJ.)

I'm Addicted (perfect successor to greats like Get Together and Impressive Instant - fans of those songs can't logically reason they don't like IA)

Love Spent (again, how much more personal can you get? My heart ached when I heard this gem - many non-fans are impressed with it when I play it for them)

Beautiful Killer (awesome song with classic Madonna feel and vocals)

Best Friend (more personal, heartfelt lyrics with a genuine relatable quality to it and an awesome beat that sounds amazing with a pair of high-quality headphones on)

Turn Up The Radio (many don't like this song, but with it's happy, care-free message of escapism through music, can you get any MORE Madonna-like?)

Falling Free (Seriously? Not heartfelt? Lyrics not deep enough? Not personable enough? Not different enough? No amazing vocals to shut the nay-sayers up?)

Come on...those are SIX amazing songs in EACH album that are VERY Madonna, very personal on her part and clearly show her heart was into her work. I don't understand why these last two album get so maligned amongst fans. But, I digress...and am stepping off my soapbox, now. Thanks for the opportunity to rant. ;)

That's the dumbest post I read on a Madonna forum since 1998, the year I started to post.

Damn! I never thought you were that stupid.

PS, not worshiping every step she makes doesn't make someone a fair-weathered fan. I stuck by her though countless ups and downs and tried to find the good in everything. HC just wasn't my style and I didn't connect to it. I didn't feel the same Madonna feelings I was used to. I tried and tried, but even after all these years I can't get into it. But I never did and never will give up on her.

And Bill, I feel exactly like you. I don't have to love everything she is doing because I'm a Madonna fan. I'm not blind. And, in the end, it's just a question of taste.

I'd like to say that I just don't understand those who say that Madonna's "heart wasn't in it" for HC or MDNA. Just because one doesn't like or connect to her work, doesn't automatically mean SHE didn't work hard on it or feel it. That's a ridiculous assertion. You just didn't like it. Besides, how can any one of us know if her heart was into something or not? As much as we love and admire her (hardcore fan since 1986, here), we're not with her and weren't there when she worked on those albums. :-/

I guess I don't so much feel like her heart wasn't in it when I say I didn't like it, I just felt disconnected to it. I mean, how much was her heart in Papa Don't Preach? She didn't even write that. It's the quality of the music that changed on HC, for me, plus a style that I didn't necessarily care for. It didn't help that Justin Timberlake was involved, who I can't stand.

But you're right. None of us know how much her heart is in anything she does... She just does what she wants, when she wants to, and that's how it should be. Not every song has to be an autobiography. But every song does have to be good. :lol: