New album thread: #SOON + random insanity

Je5u5

Diplo: I loved working with Madonna. She is one of those few artists who started the trend of reinventing themselves before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a refreshingly new look, music style and fresh tunes"

Madonna: "I hate this obsession people have about me reinventing myself. For me, its all about revealing. I keep taking off the layers. Its not something Im calculating. Id say that on this record Ive come closest to revealing who I really am."

Madonna: "I think Im slowly shedding my layers, and where other people have been obsessed with the idea that I am always reinventing myself, Id rather think that Im slowly revealing myself, my true nature. It feels to me like Im just getting closer to the core of who I really am."

WOW! He works with Madonna & has no idea who she is. :think:

Where's this from?

I just think people will always associate Madonna with her reinventing herself regardless if it's calculated or she's just getting to know herself better. She does do it. And she does incredibly well.

Where's this from?

I just think people will always associate Madonna with her reinventing herself regardless if it's calculated or she's just getting to know herself better. She does do it. And she does incredibly well.

She named a tour Re-invention...

I will say I always imagined Madonna showing more of what she has to offer through her reinventions, than it just being another manifestation of her sound.

In the sense that she knew she wanted to reveal her House side, her R&B side, her electronic side etc, and maybe she always knew she would make a purely Disco era.

The reinventing has always been assumed to be to maintain relevance (by the GP) but that's way too simple. Madonna is a genius. I wouldn't be surprised if there's other sounds she already has planned to "reveal" after Rebel Heart.

I will say I always imagined Madonna showing more of what she has to offer through her reinventions, than it just being another manifestation of her sound.

In the sense that she knew she wanted to reveal her House side, her R&B side, her electronic side etc, and maybe she always knew she would make a purely Disco era.

The reinventing has always been assumed to be to maintain relevance (by the GP) but that's way too simple. Madonna is a genius. I wouldn't be surprised if there's other sounds she already has planned to "reveal" after Rebel Heart.

I had I'm Breathless on the other day, and also watched the Arsenio Hall episode where she sang Fever, and I really look forward to seeing Madonna's lounge act when she's 70.

I'm still in Disco Dolly mode for the time being, though. ;-)

I'm so curious what this finished album is gonna sound like, and how it translates to a live show.

I had I'm Breathless on the other day, and also watched the Arsenio Hall episode where she sang Fever, and I really look forward to seeing Madonna's lounge act when she's 70.

I'm so curious what this finished album is gonna sound like, and how it translates to a live show.

I know me too! That Fever performance is so amazing! The crowd can't get enough of her! She is on fire!

I have this feeling we could see a Bob Fosse inspired section on the new tour. Madonna would look great in an "All That Jazz" kind of number.

Where's this from?

It's from Elle (1998) :wink:

Sooooooo 12 pages of schlock to wade through and the only new piece of info on the album is one post about some potential lyrics? So much crap!

Things I love about this forum: 1) the potential to learn new info quicker than anywhere else 2) a group of people who are just as crazy (borderline obsessive) about the same woman as I have followed for the past 25 years.

Things I hate about it: 1) members who post about nothing. 2) members who act like the cast of Mean Girls and confuse being a bitch to other people with wit. Just cause you have 7 million posts doesn't mean you're any more a Madonna fan than anyone else.

And I'm sure I've just opened myself up to the onslaught of hate but really, let's try to keep it cordial guys. Lemme know when there's something real to discuss.

Sooooooo 12 pages of schlock to wade through and the only new piece of info on the album is one post about some potential lyrics? So much crap!

Things I love about this forum: 1) the potential to learn new info quicker than anywhere else 2) a group of people who are just as crazy (borderline obsessive) about the same woman as I have followed for the past 25 years.

Things I hate about it: 1) members who post about nothing. 2) members who act like the cast of Mean Girls and confuse being a bitch to other people with wit. Just cause you have 7 million posts doesn't mean you're any more a Madonna fan than anyone else.

And I'm sure I've just opened myself up to the onslaught of hate but really, let's try to keep it cordial guys. Lemme know when there's something real to discuss.

I couldn't agree more!

What does everything think about Madonna being with Mike Dean? Do u think he is doing additional production on tracks, mixing or mastering? His wiki page said he does all that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Dean_%28record_producer%29

I like that he produced Beyonce's Partition, I love that song. Also seems more & more likely this album will have "Hip-Hop/Alternative" flavour to it.

At first I was energized how the insiders were stirring up interest again and then I started to feel a bit cheated and began posting inside jokes about them, team this and that and finally I began to realize how genuinely important it was for Kim to set the record straight and protect this forum and everything about the new album. I want to personally thank Kim for his straight forward, no shit defense of what could have become a serious violation of what is considered bully's active intent to manipulate our emotions to receive any information for a price. Thanks Kim for your steady and passionate comments to inform what is right and not to fall into a trap of unfair persuasion.

This is an era of complete confidence that will be a success and critical praise based on so many factors of Madonna's passion to deliver the highest quality. Let us keepp this excitement and enthusiasm alive.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I can't remember what song it was ("Celebration" maybe?) where there were reports that it was a cross between "Deeper and Deeper" and "Like A Prayer" and the final result couldn't have been further from that.

I just peed a little at the idea. People who hear the new tracks are just too excited (understandably) and rush to references that don't mean anything. I can't wait for the new song that supposedly references Superstar crossed with Don't Stop and Jimmy Jimmy, but then ends up being Hung Up 2 or Impressive Instant: The Take Down of the Succubueitch.

I dunno, but I love it so much I used it to respond to my boss in an email earlier today.

I can't believe I know this (and that I'm admitting it), but it's from a Nickelodeon TV show called "Fifteen"

ibpcw5oycbzbqe.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillside_%28TV_series%29

Co-starring a young Ryan Reynolds:

billy.jpg?w=632

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscrTgkV0w

Brooke was just MISUNDERSTOOD. I think I remember thinking the kid who played Matt was cute.

I can't believe I know this (and that I'm admitting it), but it's from a Nickelodeon TV show called "Fifteen"

Never heard of this. Looks so awful. So weird to see stuff like that and think I lived in that time, lol.

The blonde girl is wearing the same outfit in this episode but I can't find the GIF moment;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i1eHmfimQM