New album thread: #SOON + random insanity

Je5u5

By your logic Confessions on a Dance Floor wouldn't be called like that because all of her previous 8 albums were titled after a song, so why that one wouldn't be?

I think it artistic merit, I feel she views the albums as a collection of her art and gives them an original title much like an exhibition or a painting. I could be wrong and she does title it something like Rebel Heart but I'm just going by the last ten years of studio albums

I think it artistic merit, I feel she views the albums as a collection of her art and gives them an original title much like an exhibition or a painting. I could be wrong and she does title it something like Rebel Heart but I'm just going by the last ten years of studio albums

I get you. But I think the reason she didn't name her last albums off a song is because there isn't one that represents all the work in it. Maybe this time there is. :)

I get you. But I think the reason she didn't name her last albums off a song is because there isn't one that represents all the work in it. Maybe this time there is. :)

That's just your opinion. I feel like all 3 of those albums could have been titled after a track. Afterall, HC was gonna be called Give It 2 Me.

That's just your opinion. I feel like all 3 of those albums could have been titled after a track. Afterall, HC was gonna be called Give It 2 Me.

That's why I said "I think". Yes, it's my opinion. And apparently, Madonna's too.

The cynic in me thinks it is because a big memorable hit isn't guaranteed. Naming an album after a hit IMO helps impact and define the album's 'era'. But otherwise I can't think why she has named the last three differently.

^ That's silly. I doubt she overthinks it that much. Mat.Guy is obviously right.

Well, Give It 2 Me would have been a shitty title IN MY OPINION. It doesn't feel like an album title. Has she ever had an album with "You," "Me," or "I" in it aside from "I'm Breathless"?

:lol: the attitude of the song matches the attitude of the album and how she was feeling at the time.

If she wasn't advised to change it due to a Timbaland song, she would have kept it.