New album thread: #SOON + random insanity

Je5u5

So, if that guy was on MDNA's listening party and was also on the New album's LP, does it mean that Now it' s not just #soon but #reallysoon ?!!!!!

yeah, the MDNA listening party was in march, when we already got the single and the album cover and tracklist. It's either coming #reallysoon or it was an illegal listening party :stir:

Well, there's difference between a listening party and an album release party. Remember when she first played Hard Candy for Warner? They decorated the room with Red Hot Candy. Madonna said she wanted either Candy Shop or 4 Minutes as the first single and everyone wanted 4 Minutes. It could be like that, mostly record label/Live Nation people. Then an official album release party after the first single.

Msig! You've made so many great recaps of what we know on the album so far, what was it with WAOM? Does the EDM-production demo reflect an earlier stage of the song? When did the piano version develop? I'm sure you know something about that :)

AFAIK, the original demo was recorded as a piano ballad. 5+ different demos exist, the leaked one is demo #2. Though I haven't heard any other versions, the final version is said to be similar to the leaked one, but more polished.

Doesn't making hits mean writing new songs? Why do u think it means mixing/mastering? Is he the new Demo?

Jemoen is right. Mike Dean is a songwriter and producer, not a sound engineer.

If Mike Dean has been mixing any songs, it must be because he also co-produced them.

Mastering isn't done until the track listing and sequencing has been finalized. MDNA, for instance, had yet to be mastered when it was made available for pre-orders on iTunes. Only GMAYL had been mastered for release as an individual track.

this woman has practicaly been living in the studio all this months! She has never recorded the amount of demos she has recorded for this album before right?

No, I think not.

But I assume that many songs were quickly abandoned and never made it past the 'acoustic demo' stage. This itself would indicate that Madonna, at least to some extent, was involved in the songwriting of every single song. From scratch, that is.

Too bad that Illuminati may not see the light of day (as some people say).

This "new sound" that everybody keep saying that she is making....i am so dying to listen to it.

Jemoen is right. Mike Dean is a songwriter and producer, not a sound engineer.

If Mike Dean has been mixing any songs, it must be because he also co-produced them.

Mastering isn't done until the track listing and sequencing has been finalized. MDNA, for instance, had yet to be mastered when it was made available for pre-orders on iTunes. Only GMAYL had been mastered for release as an individual track.

Thanks, never seen his name dropped before last week so I guess he is just co-producing/doing additional addiction on some existing tracks like Dahi & Blood Diamonds did, not actually writing with Madonna.