New album thread: #SOON + random insanity

Je5u5

Are we still talking about that? Gosh!

Move on!

Runa, everytime someone references me or mentions me personally, I'll defend myself, it's as simple as that. I haven't mentioned one person by name in this or any other thread...first.

You don't have to be so MEAN, just saying.....

Mind your own business, dearie. Just telling.

OMG @ YOU GUYS ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT GONE.

Some fucker is attacking Madonna on Instagram accusing her of cultural appropriation on the MWA hat pic. These fuckers know shit about M. and it makes me so mad. She was into hip hop and rap before they were even a thought in their mothers head. She was a regular at Negril, the first and only Hip hop bar/venue in New York in the early 80's when it was just starting. She was hanging out with Fab Five Freddy & Afrika Bambataa and dating Futura 2000. She did not only have the Beastie Boys to open for her but Run DMC as well when their label Def Jam was just starting. She did not make urban music in 94 all of sudden, there were ALWAYS element of hip hop, just listen to Everybody.

As a french person do i call cultural appropriation when i see hip hop artists brag about Louis Vuitton ?

Or how about putting rappers and hip-hop beats on her tracks long before some other female artists who seem to get credit for that?

Oh, i just meant the contrary, i mean that i wished that Sorry had had a stronger vocal :chuckle:

I think the vocal on "Sorry" is very strong. I remember thinking it was night and day compared to HU.

I don't really trust any song descriptions from "insiders". It's very easy to mislead and project. I'm sure insiders described GAYL as a huge song before people actually got to hear it. Like a Prayer/Rescue Me etc. will of course make the fans jizzed up.

"OMG I just heard Gimme All Yor Luvin and it's really really energetic, danceable, it's like Beautiful Stranger on steroids!! And also Madonna's vocals are as fresh and lively as her work on Borderline!!!! It's attitude driven like Candy Perfume Girl. Well, it's basically Candy Perf 2"

:newspaper:

THIS. These comparison are dangerous because it gets people's hopes up. I can't remember what song it was ("Celebration" maybe?) where there were reports that it was a cross between "Deeper and Deeper" and "Like A Prayer" and the final result couldn't have been further from that.

The sad thing is that everything was such a mess for those couple of days that now i don't know what is true and what is false

Good thing is that we will get a nice surprise when the album is released!

Bad thing is that now it can be true that Minaj is involved in the first single.

The genesis thread is going to be hilarious.

What a ridiculous thread for Madonna's new album. People trying to talk about it and a "group" constantly trying to mock other fans.

you're just JELLY! you need to go to the jelly school!

This thread is starting to remind me of the old drownedmadonna forum, or mtripe, people bitching and insulting others, that one know it all "smartass" that others are kissing up to like sheeps...stop this shit.