Vitta Quinn plays M in new Lifetime Whitney Houston biopic (cutting room floor mix

ryan

I'm not comfortable with the idea of such a movie in the first place. It almost never works at all, not to mention it's completely unneccesary anyway. Take a look at that Lady Di biopic with Naomi Watts, ugh! Awfully casted, bad production, just totally worthless and disrespectful. I figure this one won't be much better. Having a Madonna in there who doesn't look like Madonna at all will probably just be one of many, many flaws with this movie.

Outside of that comment about killing her daughter if she acted like Madonna, Whitney has always had great things to say about M. She was much nicer and accepting of Madonna's place in pop culture than the likes of Janet and Mariah.

I hope this movie doesn't try to paint Madonna as some type of enemy/bitch. I don't think that was ever the extent of their relationship. I remember reading that when Whitney had a miscarriage in the mid 90's, Madonna was one of the first people to send her flowers/condolences. Apparently, the two also had a warm embrace at a Prince concert in the 90's as well.

OMG. That casting is hilarious. Don't know why you guys would be upset that she's included. M is the biggest female pop star of all time and was particularly important during Whitney's peak. It's a testament to how essential she is to every other female pop singer's story.

Petition for Angela Bassett to have Vitta Quinn's role rewritten as being Debbie Gibson?

- Whitney and Debbie were big chart rivals for, like, a week in 1987.

- Debbie sent Whitney a bottle of Electric Youth perfume.

- Whitney sent Debbie a 12 pack of Diet Coke.

houston-diet-coke.jpg?resize=620%2C450

debbie-gibson-600x450.jpg

I'm not comfortable with the idea of such a movie in the first place. It almost never works at all, not to mention it's completely unneccesary anyway. Take a look at that Lady Di biopic with Naomi Watts, ugh! Awfully casted, bad production, just totally worthless and disrespectful. I figure this one won't be much better. Having a Madonna in there who doesn't look like Madonna at all will probably just be one of many, many flaws with this movie.

I'm a HUGE Naomi Watts fan but i have to agree, that movie definitively wasn't good :(

OMG. That casting is hilarious. Don't know why you guys would be upset that she's included. M is the biggest female pop star of all time and was particularly important during Whitney's peak. It's a testament to how essential she is to every other female pop singer's story.

I totally agree but they should've casted a better girl, one that doesn't look like Gaga :ugh:

Guest Pud Whacker

Petition for Angela Bassett to have Vitta Quinn's role rewritten as being Debbie Gibson?

:rotfl:

:lmao::rotfl:

I remember reading that they met somewhere in Germany in the 90's and when asked Madonna had said something along the lines of -for someone who is supposedly on drugs she sure has her shit together.

Of course they met. Whitney herself recounted the fabulous, oft-discussed in here story of meeting Madonna backstage at an awards show with the greeting "how you doin?"

to which Madonna snapped back "Better than you....OBVIOUSLY"

(Madonna had won an award that night, Whitters hadn't)

:sassy:

The only thing that sounds good about this is Angela Bassett directing. The fact that it's a lifetime movie concerns me. They start off mildly interesting and then quickly plunge into the depths of predictability and oversentimentality. Don't know how accurate she or Whitney will be portrayed.

Of course a film about Whitney is going to include Madonna. Especially if it includes her career.

LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::chuckle::chuckle: