New album thread: DrownedMadonna and MadonnaRama talk about lead singles

Trap is when you're selling drugs in your house or somewhere

Trap music is the music you play while doing it or about doing it. It's very urban...aggressive beats and lyrics

Oh okayyy, hmmmmm

It's kind of a blend of hip hop and dubstep. It uses 808 drums with orchestra like strings to create kind of a bleak moody sound. It started out in Atlanta.

Here's some samples.

http://www.trapmusic.net/

ohhhhhhhhh, this is interesting

Glinda your post explaining trap is way better than mine hahaha mine is too hood!

:lol: I enjoyed your hood definition

Originally, it started out as just a hip hop thing, I think, but then the EDM people started using the same beats and strings to make more of a club sound.

I learn something new everyday!

I'm not sure what's up with this thread. Its entertaining, engaging and repulsive all at once!

why there are some members that think anything close to an insult is always directed at them is beyond me.

Kim, there's a corner that you might've missed setting fire to... but i'm sure you'll get to it. :thumbsup:

I think its funny how directness and being blunt is considered insulting and being an asshole.

Carry on, i need to get my info straight so i can start writing all that sheet music for the new album.

Based on the descriptions so far, I'm gonna pay my musician brother to make my own demos until the album comes out.

Hmmm..., is it legal to play leaked music in public?? And didn't someone say he/she heard Rebel Heart on radio too???

I read on twitter there is some Internet dance station that is playing Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me.

All these "informants" have kinda taken the fun out of everything...

I need a boat to steer through all the bullshit...

Well, speaking of boats, didnt the other shore get torched? LOL

Those losers like to play makebelieve, maybe they're coming back as 'newbies'?

Seriously, this thread is hands down the most dramatic and entertaining 'new album' thread since the Hard Candy

'she's gone all hip hop and abandoned the gays' nonsense.

diplo:

Currently, he has been working with Queen of Pop Madonna for her upcoming album and has collaborated with Skrillex to create the group Jack Ü. “I loved working with Madonna. The tracks have come out great and crazy- sounding. She is one of those few artists who started the trend of reinventing themselves before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a refreshingly new look, music style and fresh tunes; winning it and hitting the top of the charts. She was ready to experiment while collaborating with me and was very open-minded to my ideas.”

http://www.asianage.com/music/what-diplo-matic-dude-102

I'm not entirely agreeing on this :) (especially RM - which is my favorite M song ever)

LFL is softer, less agressive, more joyful. a "feel good" song with very positive vibes.

oh and on a side note, I'm not a newbie. I'm "here" since the dotmusic days.

"I took the road less travelled by and I barely made it out alive..."

I guess more feel good is even better. If it doesn't sound like those songs, the news still makes me very excited...

I want a worldwide #1 hit! :1251:

Originally, it started out as just a hip hop thing, I think, but then the EDM people started using the same beats and strings to make more of a club sound.

OMG slapping rap lyrics over a dance beat, How exciting!! Except there was a little thing in the 90s called Rap House. Nothing new here, AS USUAL.

"the EDM people." LOL. Electronic Dance Music's been around for decades w/ 100s of sub-genres. Now all of a sudden, fuckers come along and called their puff pop EDM and boom it's a genre in itself. Really sums up these "producers" nowadays.

The above not directed to you Glinda, just used your post as a point of reference...

I'm not entirely agreeing on this :) (especially RM - which is my favorite M song ever)

LFL is softer, less agressive, more joyful. a "feel good" song with very positive vibes.

oh and on a side note, I'm not a newbie. I'm "here" since the dotmusic days.

"I took the road less travelled by and I barely made it out alive..."

Is it something like "liquid love" ?